Tyrone v Dublin - The return of the Jedi

Started by Fuzzman, August 05, 2017, 08:46:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stall the Bailer

Quote from: twohands!!! on August 28, 2017, 11:46:13 AM

If you compare Dublin's approach to a lot of the other sides Tyrone played this year, Dublin had their approach correct in terms of dealing with Tyrone's defence - Dublin's major tactic was simply not to get caught in possession and allow the Tyrone players to employ their swarm tackle where the 2nd/3rd player in help to bottle up the player/force the turn-over.  Dublin simply didn't give Tyrone players the chance to get close enough to stand up the Dublin player and swarm the player in possession - it was relatively easy for Dublin to do this as all they had to do was keep the ball moving. They used the full width of the pitch and were patient enough to wait for gaps to open up. This was why it looked as if Tyrone were chasing shadows in terms of applying pressure - Dublin knew that you can always move the ball faster than a player can move - A lot of the other teams Tyrone came up against had neither the composure/smarts to do this and some were daft enough to do the completely wrong thing - constantly running through the middle, repeatedly taking the ball into contact situations (every time an opposition player comes near enough to tackle there's a possibility of a turnover) Once Tyrone were denied the ability to use their strongest weapon their entire gameplan was always short odds to crumble.

Also in spite of the weakness of the opposition Dublin have played so far in the championship, pretty much all the sides they have faced were using an approach not that dissimilar to Tyrone's approach in terms of having men back and trying to hit them on the counter - the question is will Mayo pose them some difficulties by adopting a more positive approach?
Couldn't agree more with this. The half time stats showed Dublin had twice the possession. Dublin's excellent play allowed them to keep ball, good running to find space, faultless passing with Tyrone running and running to close them down. The result meant Tyrone tired without getting tackles in and Dublin created chance after chance, most of which they took.
Tyrone's system was very predictable before throw in and Dublin knew exactly how to deal with it. I never seen a team like it before. Some thought Dublin hit their peak a year or so ago. But the new players who have replaced B Brogan, P Flynn, Michael Darragh etc have actually improved them.

Bradley had one chance early on which went wide  and after it went, Dublin didn't even need to worry about our threat there. There whole team could attack as one.
Mayo will keep them more honest as they will need a to watch Moran and mayo can play a few different ways.

Over the Bar

Quote from: tonto1888 on August 28, 2017, 03:23:44 PM
Quote from: Over the Bar on August 28, 2017, 02:39:59 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on August 28, 2017, 02:31:43 PM
Quote from: punt kick on August 28, 2017, 02:26:18 PM
Quote from: Over the Bar on August 28, 2017, 02:23:04 PM
Quote from: punt kick on August 28, 2017, 02:17:26 PM
Quote from: Over the Bar on August 28, 2017, 09:48:46 AM
Quote from: punt kick on August 28, 2017, 08:20:25 AM
Quote from: Over the Bar on August 28, 2017, 12:15:28 AM
Quote from: Throw ball on August 27, 2017, 11:07:17 PM
Quote from: SkillfulBill on August 27, 2017, 10:27:02 PM
Firstly congrats to the Dubs today not only a magnificent footballing side but some of the best supporters in the business...

I am almost glad that Tyrone and more so mickeys system has taking an unmercifull tanking. I hope that this is the final nail in the coffin.  I have followed Tyrone for over 35 years now. This is a county which could always produce some of the greatest talents of the game. It is the county that produced Iggy Jones Frankie Donnelly Frank McGuigan Peter Canavan Stephen O Neill. Players of the highest calibre.  The cancer which inflicts this county is the negative rubbish that is fostered in Garvaghy over the last 10 years. Young players on development squads are prevented from playing attacking football instead encourage to play the % system. Our senior teams ape the dross played at county level and you have great clubs like Carmen Ardboe Dromore Killycloghrr and Errigal playing the same defensive systems that make our games unwatchable. I really hope that there is a root and branch review of the direction that this county is being dragged down and the required changes made before we are left with nothing but robot's.

I have to agree with most of this.

I think also it is interesting that when Peter Donnelly was with Cavan they had a number of Ulster under 21 wins but couldn't do anything in All Ireland series.  Tyrone now seem to be following a similar path.

As an Armagh man it is expected that some Tyrone ones will point to what the match today says about Armagh.  Personally this year I would prefer to be an Armagh supporter than a Tyrone one. [/b]

Well personally I'm 100%  more happy to be a Tyrone GAA supporter than an Armagh one.  First of all, even if we are not AI material, 15 years on we continue to hand the Orchard their hole on a plate 9 times out of 10 when we meet them -
and the gulf in class continues to grow.  Secondly because as a Tyrone fan not many teams outside Dublin, Kerry, Mayo will beat us but not only can Armagh not buy a win in Ulster, they can't even  rule out  teams like Kilkenny footballers, Harland and Wolff Dry-liners GAA   and Isle of Man Gaels running thru like Frank McGuigan himself...

You must be gutted by that hammering, slap it up you, Tyrone are the big one in Ulster and a second rate team outside it, away and lick your wounds, the worse performance I have ever seen in croke park, trailing and Tyrone just sat back and let Dublin totally embarrass them.  You should be thankful Dublin didn't get out of second gear - yerrrrroooooo you ballbag!

Oh dear.  Another day on the buckfast and the insults are flying.  Away off to division 3 with you and prepare for another 20 point hammering by us next year.  ;D 8)

Maybe Mickey can get Tyrone a training week in Lourdes - the pre-match Rosary isn't enough.   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

While Geezer takes the tean to watch Armagh ladies who've won more than his team has!   ;D ;D

You must be hurting kid, humiliated on a national stage by a team that stopped playing in the second half.   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Err, you do realise that Tyrone humiliated Armagh on a national stage a few weeks ago don't you? Yes? Ok carry on!

I doubt if the buckfast junkie realises anything bar when it's dole-cheque day in Craigavon

You're a p***k. The difference between Armagh and Tyrone is we knew we wouldn't beat you and that a drubbing was a distant next possibility. We are division three and you are division one. The result wasn't that surprising. You guys need on the other hand really felt you were the team to beat the dubs. And based on what? a few leaf e games which were close. Yesterday was a 12 point drubbing going on 20

Ah ha!  Insulting little twat Punt Kick is n fact Tonto!  ;D

tonto1888

Quote from: Over the Bar on August 28, 2017, 04:09:49 PM
Firstly congrats to the Dubs today not only a magnificent footballing side but some of the best supporters in the business...

I am almost glad that Tyrone and more so mickeys system has taking an unmercifull tanking. I hope that this is the final nail in the coffin.  I have followed Tyrone for over 35 years now. This is a county which could always produce some of the greatest talents of the game. It is the county that produced Iggy Jones Frankie Donnelly Frank McGuigan Peter Canavan Stephen O Neill. Players of the highest calibre.  The cancer which inflicts this county is the negative rubbish that is fostered in Garvaghy over the last 10 years. Young players on development squads are prevented from playing attacking football instead encourage to play the % system. Our senior teams ape the dross played at county level and you have great clubs like Carmen Ardboe Dromore Killycloghrr and Errigal playing the same defensive systems that make our games unwatchable. I really hope that there is a root and branch review of the direction that this county is being dragged down and the required changes made before we are left with nothing but robot's.

I think also it is interesting that when Peter Donnelly was with Cavan they had a number of Ulster under 21 wins but couldn't do anything in All Ireland series.  Tyrone now seem to be following a similar path.

As an Armagh man it is expected that some Tyrone ones will point to what the match today says about Armagh.  Personally this year I would prefer to be an Armagh supporter than a Tyrone one. [/b]

Well personally I'm 100%  more happy to be a Tyrone GAA supporter than an Armagh one.  First of all, even if we are not AI material, 15 years on we continue to hand the Orchard their hole on a plate 9 times out of 10 when we meet them -
and the gulf in class continues to grow.  Secondly because as a Tyrone fan not many teams outside Dublin, Kerry, Mayo will beat us but not only can Armagh not buy a win in Ulster, they can't even  rule out  teams like Kilkenny footballers, Harland and Wolff Dry-liners GAA   and Isle of Man Gaels running thru like Frank McGuigan himself...

You must be gutted by that hammering, slap it up you, Tyrone are the big one in Ulster and a second rate team outside it, away and lick your wounds, the worse performance I have ever seen in croke park, trailing and Tyrone just sat back and let Dublin totally embarrass them.  You should be thankful Dublin didn't get out of second gear - yerrrrroooooo you ballbag!

Oh dear.  Another day on the buckfast and the insults are flying.  Away off to division 3 with you and prepare for another 20 point hammering by us next year.  ;D 8)

Maybe Mickey can get Tyrone a training week in Lourdes - the pre-match Rosary isn't enough.   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

While Geezer takes the tean to watch Armagh ladies who've won more than his team has!   ;D ;D

You must be hurting kid, humiliated on a national stage by a team that stopped playing in the second half.   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Err, you do realise that Tyrone humiliated Armagh on a national stage a few weeks ago don't you? Yes? Ok carry on!

I doubt if the buckfast junkie realises anything bar when it's dole-cheque day in Craigavon

You're a p***k. The difference between Armagh and Tyrone is we knew we wouldn't beat you and that a drubbing was a distant next possibility. We are division three and you are division one. The result wasn't that surprising. You guys need on the other hand really felt you were the team to beat the dubs. And based on what? a few leaf e games which were close. Yesterday was a 12 point drubbing going on 20

Nope. However you are, in fact, a p***k.

punt kick

As a lowly division 3 team we were just happy for a day out, no expectation whatsoever! Whereas Tyrone  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

punt kick

Quote from: seafoid on August 28, 2017, 02:41:07 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on August 28, 2017, 02:33:34 PM

Armagh man throws the boot into tyrone about being hammered at croke park. Unbelievable.

If there's one thing we learnt yesterday is that Armagh may never ever win an all ireland again in my life time. I'm 29.
You can't back that up with logic

Of course he cant just a bitter Tyronie.

punt kick

Quote from: Over the Bar on August 28, 2017, 04:09:49 PM

Oh dear that hammering yesterday is really hurting, you never know a few more Rosary or a few more kick boxing lessons and you may get close next year.   ;D ;D ;D ;D

omaghjoe

Quote from: seafoid on August 28, 2017, 02:50:53 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on August 28, 2017, 02:46:23 PM
Quote from: seafoid on August 28, 2017, 01:58:09 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on August 28, 2017, 01:40:41 PM
Quote from: seafoid on August 28, 2017, 01:19:06 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on August 28, 2017, 11:41:26 AM
Quote from: seafoid on August 28, 2017, 11:33:46 AM

It must be a big land for people like Bomber. I imagine. You might see Tyrone winning nothing in Croke Park for 20 years. It is in the range of shite .

Ah no, we'll never drop to the levels that Galway football currently has.
3 minus 9 is negatIve,  Bomber. And there are no Donnellans in Tyrone.

There's no Championship win in Croke Park in more than 15 years for the Galway footballers either.

As I said when Tyrone fall into the state Galway football is in, I will then consider it a crisis.

It is like saying winter is a crisis, Bomber.
Lets see who wins the next Sam.

I think it's about time you stopped gazing enviously and other counties and started manifesting your own critique to your own county. We've won three All Irelands since Galway last seen a game of football in August.
Wow.
Blow me down with a feather duster
Don't fight entropy. Understand it.

Seafoid you should maybe stop talking about entropy because you clearly don't have a baldy what it means.
Its become a buzz word lately by people that dont have a clue what it means. In the grand scheme of things entropy should actually mean Tyrone will win more AIs but its unlikely that it could be applied to this
You tho are talking about fate.
Its my belief that it is Tyrone's fate to win more AIs. You've accepted yours as Alsorans...its simple.

AZOffaly

tonto1888

Quote from: omaghjoe on August 28, 2017, 08:40:51 PM

It must be a big land for people like Bomber. I imagine. You might see Tyrone winning nothing in Croke Park for 20 years. It is in the range of shite .

There's no Championship win in Croke Park in more than 15 years for the Galway footballers either.

As I said when Tyrone fall into the state Galway football is in, I will then consider it a crisis.

I think it's about time you stopped gazing enviously and other counties and started manifesting your own critique to your own county. We've won three All Irelands since Galway last seen a game of football in August.
Wow.

Seafoid you should maybe stop talking about entropy because you clearly don't have a baldy what it means.
Its become a buzz word lately by people that dont have a clue what it means. In the grand scheme of things entropy should actually mean Tyrone will win more AIs but its unlikely that it could be applied to this
Its my belief that it is Tyrone's fate to win more AIs. You've accepted yours as Alsorans...its simple.

What is your belief based on?

omaghjoe

omaghjoe

Quote from: tonto1888 on August 28, 2017, 08:50:26 PM

Wow.

What is your belief based on?

What any belief based on....Intuition

seafoid

Wow.

Joe

Climate change will destroy Tyrone football. More energy in the clouds will mean less concentration on the pitch . The rosary will be abandoned. Oliver Goldsmith predicted it all in a poem called the deserted village. He said a Cailleach from Monaghan would curse Tyrone if the men started wearing bras. This was to fulfil scripture.  Bomber is a hologram. It is all part of the matrix.

omaghjoe

Quote from: seafoid on August 28, 2017, 08:55:13 PM

Wow.

Joe

Climate change will destroy Tyrone football. More energy in the clouds will mean less concentration on the pitch . The rosary will be abandoned. Oliver Goldsmith predicted it all in a poem called the deserted village. He said a Cailleach from Monaghan would curse Tyrone if the men started wearing bras. This was to fulfil scripture.  Bomber is a hologram. It is all part of the matrix.

Does not compute ....blah...

macdanger2

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on August 28, 2017, 01:07:04 PM
A black card doesn't really effect Dublin, they've an equally as good player on the bench.

Scully avoided a certain black card yesterday for checking a run but it wouldn't have made a difference.

I'm not sure that's the case. A couple of early black cards or injuries wouldn't substantially weaken the Dublin team but it would weaken their ability to bring on as many good players late in the game if needed.

macdanger2

Superb from the Dubs tbf, they're one of the all time great teams. So much talent at their disposal, there's hardly any weaknesses at all (lack of proven cover for Cluxton maybe?)

Tough day for Tyrone team, mgmt and supporters. If Harte goes, it would be a sad end to a great career. It does seem like a complete change of direction may be needed though. For those on here dancing on Tyrone's grave, they might be better off looking at the setups in their own counties.