I don't have a vote and haven't decided how I would vote if I did
9 (3.9%)

Total Members Voted: 230

LCohen

Quote from: topcuppla on May 25, 2015, 10:10:11 AM
Muppet doesn't believe everyone who votes no is homophobic, whereas you do
That is not what I said (or repeated)
he mentions scenarios where he believes this is the case.

There are those who are quite uncomfortable with homosexuality, but might prefer not to show it.
What are these non-homophobic reasons for being "quite uncomfortable" with homosexuality.
In what way would their preference for not displaying thier discomfort be important?
There are those that are comfortable with homosexuality as long as it isn't in your face.
I don't understand this at all. Would these same people be comfortable with gender or race equality as it was not "in your face"? In what way would equality be "in your face"? and what fear of something being "in your face" lead someone to vote to deny equality?

Get to the truth behind those questions and we can debate the homophobia that might lurk there

screenexile

easytiger95

Ah, The National Catholic Register...the Fox News of biased, religious propaganda sheets.

topcuppla

Quote from: LCohen on May 25, 2015, 10:19:02 AM
Muppet doesn't believe everyone who votes no is homophobic, whereas you do
That is not what I said (or repeated)

Quote from: LCohen on May 09, 2015, 10:11:45 AM
If there are other arguments from the No camapign then they need to set them out. Otherwise it is difficult not to conclude that the only reason to vote no is that the voter doesn't like gays i.e. they suffer from homophobia. Sorry to have to point that out but as I say feel free to point out those other reasons for voting no.

So you think now you could have voted no and not be homophobic?

deiseach

I propose 24th September as Gay Marriage Day.

AZOffaly

OK, serious question for one moment, not related to the referendum as such. Apologies if it betrays a deep ignorance, and I am not trying to be insulting to anyone, but it is a question I have thought before, and never really heard an answer for, and it came to mind again watching the celebrations. Maybe someone here has some insights, or has heard this before.

If a gay man is attracted to other men, and a lesbian is attracted to other women, why do some gay men dress up as women, and some lesbians try their best to look like men? Now, I'm not talking about transgender people here, as I understand that motivation, I'm talking about people who identify as gay, and in gay relationships.

In those cases, why would a gay man be attracted to a man looking like a woman? Or why would a lesbian be attracted to a girl who looks like a man?

I am a straight man, and I can't imagine being attracted to a woman who has tried her best to look masculine?

Again, apologies if this is ignorant or stupid, but I genuinely don't understand it.

ballinaman

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 25, 2015, 03:02:57 PM
OK, serious question for one moment, not related to the referendum as such. Apologies if it betrays a deep ignorance, and I am not trying to be insulting to anyone, but it is a question I have thought before, and never really heard an answer for, and it came to mind again watching the celebrations. Maybe someone here has some insights, or has heard this before.

If a gay man is attracted to other men, and a lesbian is attracted to other women, why do some gay men dress up as women, and some lesbians try their best to look like men? Now, I'm not talking about transgender people here, as I understand that motivation, I'm talking about people who identify as gay, and in gay relationships.

In those cases, why would a gay man be attracted to a man looking like a woman? Or why would a lesbian be attracted to a girl who looks like a man?

I am a straight man, and I can't imagine being attracted to a woman who has tried her best to look masculine?

Again, apologies if this is ignorant or stupid, but I genuinely don't understand it.

Eagerly awaiting Tony's answer to this post. #excited

imtommygunn

Muppet doesn't believe everyone who votes no is homophobic, whereas you do - he mentions scenarios where he believes this is the case.

There are those who are quite uncomfortable with homosexuality, but might prefer not to show it.
There are those that are comfortable with homosexuality as long as it isn't in your face.

Would you concur?

Whereas you voted yes yet display homophobia ???

Esmarelda

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 25, 2015, 03:37:30 PM
Muppet doesn't believe everyone who votes no is homophobic, whereas you do - he mentions scenarios where he believes this is the case.

Would you concur?

Whereas you voted yes yet display homophobia ???
What about homosexuals that voted No? You'd expect that they're not homophobes.

deiseach

Quote from: ballinaman on May 25, 2015, 03:13:23 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on May 25, 2015, 03:02:57 PM

Eagerly awaiting Tony's answer to this post. #excited

Be careful what you wish for. There might be pictures...

T Fearon

AZoffaly only a member of the Gay Community could answer your questions.I can't even explain why a man fancies another man,full stop.

Someone mentioned Knock.Knock is a sacred site of pilgrimage,that not even the mercenary Bord Failte would dare use as a marketing tool.