107 (46.5%)
I don't have a vote but would vote "No" if I did
26 (11.3%)
I don't have a vote and haven't decided how I would vote if I did
9 (3.9%)

Total Members Voted: 230

muppet

Looks like Mayo and Donegal voted YES.

Fair play, those two and maybe Kerry South were the ones I thought might vote no.
MWWSI 2017

T Fearon

ShamrockShore I am a Social Conservative and I do,yes,have a hankering for the days of my youth,when people had a lot less but there was far more order and understanding,and dare I say it,happiness.Of course there were many injustices as there are many still today.

I was educated at primary and grammar level by nuns and priests,but only ever received corporal punishment from lay teachers.I accept that the Church like a lot of organisations did many bad things,but I believe it also did far more good than harm.

Watch BBC Songs of Praise tomorrow and see the fulfilment that life in a convent has given to Martina Purdy and Elaine Kelly both of whom turned their backs on high flying careers and are by all accounts now getting fulfilment that they never got from all the money,prestige etc in the secular world.

T Fearon

I would also hope that anyone who voted Yes does not have the hypocrisy to enter a church thus weekend,or ever again,given their direct defiance of their Pastors

T Fearon

heganboy

Quote from: T Fearon on May 23, 2015, 02:39:35 PM
I would also hope that anyone who voted Yes does not have the hypocrisy to enter a church thus weekend,or ever again,given their direct defiance of their Pastors

and to think that some people worry about church attendance dropping off.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Gabriel_Hurl

I think we are fine. Theres no altar boys here for the priests to touch.

gallsman

What about the nuns and bishops who voted yes?

How do you reconcile your love of gambling with the Bible's implicit disapproval of it? Or your sectarianism? Or your presumption to judge others? The shadow you cast darkening the door of any church is much, mich darker than most of the people who vote yes?

Quote from: T Fearon on May 23, 2015, 02:43:02 PM
https://twitter.com/dvatw/status/602084787642355712

Never thought I'd see the day when I agreed with this guy.

Yeah because those who blindly follow the teachings of an institution and its representatives who participate in the rape of children and subsequent cover ups are the ones thinking for themselves.

Rossfan

Quote from: muppet on May 23, 2015, 02:20:28 PM
Looks like Mayo and Donegal voted YES.

Fair play, those two and maybe Kerry South were the ones I thought might vote no.
Seems Ros/Sth Laythrum going NO.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

armaghniac

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on May 23, 2015, 02:44:22 PM
I think we are fine. Theres no altar boys here for the priests to touch.

Quote from: gallsmanWhat about the nuns and bishops who voted yes?

Well they are not getting much respect as comments like the previous indicate. Mind you, certain members of the church do nothing to help their position.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Gabriel_Hurl

Why should I have any respect for an organization that has covered the actions of paedophiles ?

Syferus

Hard not to be proud of your country on a day like this. We've made a hell of a country to live and love in over the last century.

armaghniac

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on May 23, 2015, 03:18:39 PM
Why should I have any respect for an organization that has covered the actions of paedophiles ?

You should have respect for the vast majority of people in that organisation who have not covered up or condoned in any way the actions of paedophiles which was why I conflated your post with Gallsman.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

annapr

Delighted with today's result.
We are the talk of the world right now and  all for good reasons for a change.
This wonderful Republic of ours has come a long way in the last 20 years.

Gabriel_Hurl

Thanks for letting me know who I should or shouldn't have respect for.

GalwayBayBoy