I don't have a vote but would vote "Yes" if I did
107 (46.5%)
I don't have a vote but would vote "No" if I did
26 (11.3%)
I don't have a vote and haven't decided how I would vote if I did
9 (3.9%)

Total Members Voted: 230

easytiger95

Even if I wanted to, I wouldn't have to try too hard to demonise you Armaghniac. Is there anyone else you'd like to accuse of reorganising the country to suit their own motives?

easytiger95

Go on, make another "bent" joke, just for the craic.

muppet

Quote from: armaghniac on May 20, 2015, 12:23:15 AM
Quote from: easytiger95 on May 20, 2015, 12:09:35 AM
This issue will be decided on Friday, and to those who vote their conscience Yes or No, all I can say is congratulations. This has been a spectacular exercise in democracy, no matter the result, and as a people, we don't give ourselves enough credit for engaging in it.

This has been an exercise in democracy convened by venal politicians against a background of deliberate misinformation, a malign conscious attempt to debase a serious subject and stifle debate and demonise the opposition. An exercise where charities are bribed to support one side, where the media don't even pretend to be unbiased in many cases and where many of the participants don't even accept any need for them to be unbiased.

Quote from: easytiger95Wow.

Are you Mary reorganise the country to suit my family McAleese?

But enough about the No campaign.

Who funds The Iona Institute?

Y'know, the mouthpiece of the Catholic Church in Ireland, which incidentally I believe has charity status. It spent time 10 years ago bashing the Centre for Public Inquiry, for whatever reason. That of course was another Chuck Feeney vehicle, but back then, it was investigating the State. Now, Armaghniac is claiming that Feeney & co are conspiring with the state.

At least Atlantic Philanthropies comes clean about what it funds.

Now again, who is funding The Iona Institute?
MWWSI 2017

easytiger95

But how dare I impugn your motives (when you're too busy impugning everyone elses)?

armaghniac

Quote from: muppet on May 20, 2015, 12:30:38 AM

Y'know, the mouthpiece of the Catholic Church in Ireland, which incidentally I believe has charity status.

The Catholic Church has 84% of the population, I'm sure it can raise enough money without getting Americans to fund it.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

foxcommander

Quote from: armaghniac on May 19, 2015, 06:57:27 PMOther funds in Ireland went to either to groups with a partial LBGT agenda or to people like Barnardos who probably did good work but who have now been recruited into the campaign when they should have concentrated on their job.

Don't forget who the CEO of Barnardo's is - one Fergus Finlay with a salary of 100k+ p.a.
Who's doing the government's bidding for them. They stick their agents into all these charity boards as payoffs to supplement incomes.

charity my hole. Won't ever give them a red cent again.
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

muppet

Quote from: armaghniac on May 20, 2015, 12:39:36 AM

Y'know, the mouthpiece of the Catholic Church in Ireland, which incidentally I believe has charity status.

The Catholic Church has 84% of the population, I'm sure it can raise enough money without getting Americans to fund it.

We don't know do we.

All of the groups you criticised registered with the Standards in Public Office (SIPO), but The Iona Institute has refused to. Why is that? No campaigners are trumpeting about transparently provided sources of funding, yet are silent on the source of funds for one of the most vocal NO campaigners, if not the most vocal considering their leader has a regular column in a daily newspaper.
MWWSI 2017

Rossfan

Will the 24 hour moratorium apply tomorrow to Gaaboard??
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

ballinaman

Quote from: Rossfan on May 20, 2015, 11:01:29 AM
Will the 24 hour moratorium apply tomorrow to Gaaboard??
Literally about the post that!

Sidney

Quote from: muppet on May 20, 2015, 10:54:07 AM
Quote from: armaghniac on May 20, 2015, 12:39:36 AM

We don't know do we.

All of the groups you criticised registered with the Standards in Public Office (SIPO), but The Iona Institute has refused to. Why is that? No campaigners are trumpeting about transparently provided sources of funding, yet are silent on the source of funds for one of the most vocal NO campaigners, if not the most vocal considering their leader has a regular column in a daily newspaper.
IONA, Legatus, Opus Dei, numerous US conservative Christian organisations and the billionaire founder of Domino's Pizza are all interlinked.

And I have no problem with that. But it's some laugh when the No campaign complain about entirely legitimate fundraising by LGBT lobby groups, given that they are extremely well funded themselves.

IONA has around ten or less members, yet their media reach goes way, way beyond what you would expect from such a tiny organisation.

magpie seanie

Ah no - Dominos Pizza?

Would they provide pizzas for a gay wedding?

Sidney

I have an image of Armaghniac and Tony Fearon mumbling "bent", and then laughing at each other like Beavis and Butthead.

That's about the limit of their argument.

topcuppla

Any of you boys on here going to be getting married this year if the Yes vote wins?

AZOffaly

Quote from: topcuppla on May 20, 2015, 03:30:26 PM
Any of you boys on here going to be getting married this year if the Yes vote wins?

And there it is.

muppet

Quote from: topcuppla on May 20, 2015, 03:30:26 PM

That in a nutshell, sums up your mentality.

That and repeatedly asking what will happen a kid with gay parents when they pick them up at school. The answer is f*ck all that hasn't happened in Ireland in the past to kids of single parents, jailed parents, traveller parents, black parents, foreign parents etc, only we are probably far more tolerant than we used to be.
MWWSI 2017