107 (46.5%)
I don't have a vote but would vote "No" if I did
26 (11.3%)
I don't have a vote and haven't decided how I would vote if I did
9 (3.9%)

Total Members Voted: 230

Sidney

Quote from: T Fearon on May 03, 2015, 11:56:11 AM
And if a family member were to commit murder,would there be a greater understanding for my lack of tolerance?
Perhaps if a gay person was the victim, you'd be more tolerant?

Sidney

Quote from: J70 on May 03, 2015, 12:56:31 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on May 03, 2015, 12:36:58 PM
Benny the issue is nothing to do with gay marriage and everything to do with rubbing the noses of Christians in it.

You'd fit in well with the Christian right and GOP in the US.

A big part of their current platform is the "persecution" and "victimization" of Christians.

Absent ANY evidence of actual harm, of course! :D
The bullies playing the victim card. The oldest trick in the book from right-wingers. They're well practiced at it.

topcuppla

Quote from: Sidney on May 03, 2015, 06:35:07 AM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on May 03, 2015, 04:24:08 AM
Quote from: topcuppla on May 02, 2015, 02:35:44 PM
Sidney what you do behind close doors with your partner is your own business, now sure how it is relevant to the debate.

I think you've just demolished to No case.

What's even better is the same poster wrote the following above:

Quote from: topcuppla on May 02, 2015, 07:59:27 AM
Homosexuality is now actively promoted in society, it appears cool to be gay (and yes it is a choice, I know someone who is gay who when they came out turned camp as any stereotypical homosexual) I say again to all the people campaigning for gay rights you would shit a kitten if your son / daughter told you they were gay - no matter what crap you are going to spout here, a man indulging in sexual gratification with another man is not a normal (and I am just using men here as it appears to be all men here), yes people have human rights, they should be able to get married and have all legal right for financial security that brings, but for two men to adopt a child is tantamount to child abuse in my opinion.

Yep. "Their own business".

Sidney I was assuming you were not homosexual, obviously wrongly so I apologise, and my quote in bold was referring to your eloquent statement below.

Quote from: Sidney on May 02, 2015, 12:10:20 PM
Two questions for the No camp:

Is it natural for a man to stick his penis in another man's rectum?

Is it natural for a man to stick his penis in a woman's rectum?

topcuppla

Quote from: Itchy on May 03, 2015, 09:03:10 AM
The head of amnesty international is a gay man and he and his partner adopted the two children of a friend of his who died. Am I now to believe this is tantamount to child abuse. Shocking thing to say.

But true, has he more maternal instincts because he is the head of amnesty international, catch a grip ffs.

Itchy

Big difference in maternal instincts versus child abuse. Sensationalist nonsense.

topcuppla

And is there a big difference between two homosexual men adopting a child and two homosexual men where one has a high profile job, why mention the job, sure Elton John bought a few kids for him and his gay partner mention him too.  Two men should not be allowed to adopt children.

Sidney

Quote from: topcuppla on May 03, 2015, 01:45:55 PM
Quote from: Sidney on May 03, 2015, 06:35:07 AM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on May 03, 2015, 04:24:08 AM
Quote from: topcuppla on May 02, 2015, 02:35:44 PM
Sidney what you do behind close doors with your partner is your own business, now sure how it is relevant to the debate.

I think you've just demolished to No case.

What's even better is the same poster wrote the following above:

Homosexuality is now actively promoted in society, it appears cool to be gay (and yes it is a choice, I know someone who is gay who when they came out turned camp as any stereotypical homosexual) I say again to all the people campaigning for gay rights you would shit a kitten if your son / daughter told you they were gay - no matter what crap you are going to spout here, a man indulging in sexual gratification with another man is not a normal (and I am just using men here as it appears to be all men here), yes people have human rights, they should be able to get married and have all legal right for financial security that brings, but for two men to adopt a child is tantamount to child abuse in my opinion.

Yep. "Their own business".

Sidney I was assuming you were not homosexual, obviously wrongly so I apologise, and my quote in bold was referring to your eloquent statement below.

Quote from: Sidney on May 02, 2015, 12:10:20 PM
Two questions for the No camp:

Is it natural for a man to stick his penis in another man's rectum?

Is it natural for a man to stick his penis in a woman's rectum?
No mate, I'm not, but it's obvious you'd have a problem if I was.

topcuppla

So for your eloquent statement about where you put your appendage with your female partner, that really is unnatural but as I said what you do behind close doors with your partner is your own business, now sure how it is relevant to the debate.

Sidney

Quote from: topcuppla on May 03, 2015, 02:55:09 PM
So for your eloquent statement about where you put your appendage with your female partner, that really is unnatural but as I said what you do behind close doors with your partner is your own business, now sure how it is relevant to the debate.
Woops, you probably shouldn't have posted this, then.

Homosexuality is now actively promoted in society, it appears cool to be gay (and yes it is a choice, I know someone who is gay who when they came out turned camp as any stereotypical homosexual) I say again to all the people campaigning for gay rights you would shit a kitten if your son / daughter told you they were gay - no matter what crap you are going to spout here, a man indulging in sexual gratification with another man is not a normal

topcuppla

You really are very very stupid Sidney - so I will spell it out again, you said is it natural for a man to indulge in anal sex with a woman, I said what you do as you obviously practice this with your partner given you said you are not homosexual , behind close doors with your partner is your own business, now sure how it is relevant to the debate. You are covering yourself in glory here Sidney keep it up, pardon the pun there!

topcuppla

If it helps you I could re-post and change you do to Sidney does and your partner to Sidney's partner, would that aid you at all?

Sidney

Quote from: topcuppla on May 03, 2015, 04:09:00 PM
You really are very very stupid Sidney - so I will spell it out again, you said is it natural for a man to indulge in anal sex with a woman, I said what you do as you obviously practice this with your partner given you said you are not homosexual , behind close doors with your partner is your own business, now sure how it is relevant to the debate. You are covering yourself in glory here Sidney keep it up, pardon the pun there!
You might want to read back.

I never said anything about whether or not I partake in anal sex.

I didn't say anything about whether I thought anal sex (whether it be with a male or a female) was natural or not. I merely asked for others' opinions, specifically people from the No camp.

You claim in one post that sexual practices conducted by gay people are of no relevance to the debate. Yet what you posted previously would strongly indicate that you are not of this opinion at all, and that the sexual practices of the gay community are very important to the debate as far as you're concerned.

So to clarify, you're the one making the sexual practices of gay people an issue.

I think it would be best for you and many other No people to be honest about this - that what gay people do sex-wise is an issue to them.

Tony, fair play to him, is at least honest about his bigotry.

topcuppla

Quote from: Sidney on May 03, 2015, 04:31:54 PM

You claim in one post that sexual practices conducted by gay people are of no relevance to the debate. Yet what you posted previously would strongly indicate that you are not of this opinion at all, and that the sexual practices of the gay community are very important to the debate as far as you're concerned.

Where did I say this, and please read my posts carefully before replying, is it the English Language that is confusing you - should I post in Irish would that help?

Sidney

Quote from: topcuppla on May 03, 2015, 04:39:27 PM

Where did I say this, and please read my posts carefully before replying, is it the English Language that is confusing you - should I post in Irish would that help?
So now you're admitting that you think the sexual practices of gay people are of relevance to the debate? Well, at least that was easy to drag out of you.

Too easy.  ;D

topcuppla

Quote from: Sidney on May 03, 2015, 04:44:25 PM
Quote from: topcuppla on May 03, 2015, 04:39:27 PM

So now you're admitting that you think the sexual practices of gay people are of relevance to the debate? Well, at least that was easy to drag out of you.

Too easy.  ;D

Please point out where I said this, Ok for the last time you asked about anal sex is it natural I alluded to the fact you practiced it tongue firmly in cheek and stated Sidney what you do (what Sidney does)  behind close doors with your partner (Sidney's Partner) is your own business (Sidney's business), not sure how it is relevant to the debate.  It obviously went totally over your head, probably best you get back to reading The Sun or Daily Star.  I believe the quote is "Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

You are obviously only a cub so the next time I will remember to use rolly eyes etc so you can understand better, bless!  As for the too easy quote that reaffirms you are probably too young to vote anyway.