I don't have a vote but would vote "Yes" if I did
107 (46.5%)
I don't have a vote but would vote "No" if I did
26 (11.3%)
I don't have a vote and haven't decided how I would vote if I did
9 (3.9%)

Total Members Voted: 230

topcuppla

Sidney what you do behind close doors with your partner is your own business, now sure how it is relevant to the debate.

Sidney

Quote from: topcuppla on May 02, 2015, 02:35:44 PM
Sidney what you do behind close doors with your partner is your own business, now sure how it is relevant to the debate.
Let's be honest here. That's not how most of the No side see it.

Eamonnca1

I think you've just demolished the No case.

Sidney

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on May 03, 2015, 04:24:08 AM

I think you've just demolished to No case.

What's even better is the same poster wrote the following above:

Quote from: topcuppla on May 02, 2015, 07:59:27 AM
Homosexuality is now actively promoted in society, it appears cool to be gay (and yes it is a choice, I know someone who is gay who when they came out turned camp as any stereotypical homosexual) I say again to all the people campaigning for gay rights you would shit a kitten if your son / daughter told you they were gay - no matter what crap you are going to spout here, a man indulging in sexual gratification with another man is not a normal (and I am just using men here as it appears to be all men here), yes people have human rights, they should be able to get married and have all legal right for financial security that brings, but for two men to adopt a child is tantamount to child abuse in my opinion.

Yep. "Their own business".

T Fearon

Sidney do you not hope the No Camp give the Yes crowd a run for their money,especially in Dublin?

Itchy

The head of amnesty international is a gay man and he and his partner adopted the two children of a friend of his who died. Am I now to believe this is tantamount to child abuse. Shocking thing to say.

michaelg

Quote from: T Fearon on April 30, 2015, 09:28:16 PM
Annapr ,sad to say but I couldn't tolerate any gay family members.I would have to say I would be forced to disown them.Harsh I know but this is my honest view
Can't believe that more people viewing this thread have not commented on this awful post.  And you call yourself a Christian?  Surely this it the antihesis of what Christianity is all about.  If this is genuinely how you feel, you are an awful human being and I pity you.

T Fearon

And if a family member were to commit murder,would there be a greater understanding for my lack of tolerance?

muppet

Quote from: T Fearon on May 03, 2015, 11:56:11 AM
And if a family member were to commit murder,would there be a greater understanding for my lack of tolerance?

Yea, cause murder is just like homo-sexuality.

MWWSI 2017

Itchy

Tony. There is only one party in Ireland that is of a similar mindset to you and that's the DUP. Did you ever think of joining, seriously none of the nationalist parties would have any truck with your opinions.

BennyHarp

I haven't really been following this debate but caught the discussion on the Late Late on Friday night. Is there really so much interest in this? Is this an issue that people who aren't in the gay community really care about? My feelings on this  would be one of apathy. I couldn't care less if gay couples get married or not as it plays no part in my life. I certainly wouldn't go out of my way to vote no ..... Or yes for that matter.
That was never a square ball!!

J70

Quote from: BennyHarp on May 03, 2015, 12:31:02 PM
I haven't really been following this debate but caught the discussion on the Late Late on Friday night. Is there really so much interest in this? Is this an issue that people who aren't in the gay community really care about? My feelings on this  would be one of apathy. I couldn't care less if gay couples get married or not as it plays no part in my life. I certainly wouldn't go out of my way to vote no ..... Or yes for that matter.

Well, as long as your apathy extends to not casting an uninformed vote,  you can't do any harm.

Rights for others should concern everyone,  however.

T Fearon

Benny the issue is nothing to do with gay marriage and everything to do with rubbing the noses of Christians in it.

BennyHarp

Quote from: J70 on May 03, 2015, 12:35:33 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on May 03, 2015, 12:31:02 PM

Well, as long as your apathy extends to not casting an uninformed vote,  you can't do any harm.

Rights for others should concern everyone,  however.

I'm not eligible to vote, so don't worry. But don't confuse my apathy for being uninformed, I just wouldn't  feel strongly enough about it either way to go out of my way to vote. There's some scaremongering on both sides of this argument which is more concerning. I'd worry that some of the information out there is whipping up a whole population of people who will be casting an uninformed vote based on prejudice or fear.
That was never a square ball!!

J70

Quote from: T Fearon on May 03, 2015, 12:36:58 PM
Benny the issue is nothing to do with gay marriage and everything to do with rubbing the noses of Christians in it.

You'd fit in well with the Christian right and GOP in the US.

A big part of their current platform is the "persecution" and "victimization" of Christians.

Absent ANY evidence of actual harm, of course! :D