107 (46.5%)
I don't have a vote but would vote "No" if I did
26 (11.3%)
I don't have a vote and haven't decided how I would vote if I did
9 (3.9%)

Total Members Voted: 230

J70

Quote from: T Fearon on April 30, 2015, 08:31:19 PM
Quite simply if a couple have a belief in God,and want to get married in his sight,and obtain his endorsement of their union,I believe a wedding ceremony in any Church is sufficient,on the basis of "when people are gathered together in my name I am present".

Stew how right you are.You get pilloried in Ireland for holding traditional views or beliefs these days.As I said before I suspect the majority trumpeting gay rights and so called equality here wouldn't be seen dead in a gay bar (was in one inadvertently in Glasgow myself one night but got out quicker than Usain Bolt when I realised where I was!) or at a gay pride parade,but anything that annoys or offends Christians with sincere beliefs is fair game for these people.

This is where you get tiresome - you brought up the gay bar non sequitur the other day. I, and others, responded and showed that it was a stupid argument,  but you just ignore it and bring it up again.  It's like debating a creationist. Talking points stay the same, no matter how many times they're debunked.

T Fearon

My core view is that those arguing in favour of gay marriage are less concerned with human rights and so called equality, but more motivated by the annoyance and offence this causes to Christians and those with religious beliefs and in particular the Catholic Church.

stew

Quote from: J70 on April 30, 2015, 08:32:26 PM
Quote from: stew on April 30, 2015, 08:06:51 PM
From my vantage point Fearon has a different view to most on here and they crucify him for it! What the fcuk is wrong with you people?

I differ in my views from Tony but I respect his right to feel how he feels, I do think he is a wee bit up the Kafflics Church's arse at times but he is at least honest and deserves better than to be treated as he is by some of you gaaboarders!

As long as they are not being married in Christian Churches, I simply hate people being treated differently from others but ultimately I believe marriage in the sight of God should be between a man and a woman, a civil marriage/ marriage of state should be sufficient to get the job done for these alternative lifestyle people!

I will never understand homosexuality but it has no bearing on how me or mine live our lives and given that some cnut from Armagh just got done for humping a dog whilst thinking of his infant children..... I guess there are a lot bigger issues than this one out there........................And the tr**p only got ten months!

Hold on there Stew - no one is forcing Tony to post his views. They are pretty strong and forceful, and probably deliberately provocative, especially when he ignores the valid critiques of his points. I don't think anyone is saying he doesn't have a right to his opinions. What he does not have is a right not to have those opinions analyzed and rebutted. As long as the responses are kept somewhat mannerly and non-personal, of course.

Bullshit, you seem to want him to hold his tongue based on your post as written above!

I never said anyone was forcing Tony to write his opinion, he has the same right to his as you do yours and I have no idea why anyone would be forced to post anything on an open forum such as this.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Wildweasel74

G Tony you were more exciting back when you thought Armagh could win something instead off jumping round the non-gaa topics.

Oraisteach

And this is where you miss the boat completely, Tony, and reveal an underlying paranoia.  Proponents of same-sex marriage, at least the loads that I know, have no interest whatsoever in riling Christians, it's just that their quest for equal treatment DOES infuriate Christians who seem intent on imposing their will on society as a whole, not unlike fundamentalist Moslems in the Middle East.  I know lots of Christians who endorse same-sex marriage.  In fact, polls of evangelical Christian milleniels here in the US indicate that significant number do too.  The tide of history is turning, and just as blacks and women have been accorded equality (for the most part), so too will gays.

J70

Quote from: T Fearon on April 30, 2015, 08:54:21 PM
My core view is that those arguing in favour of gay marriage are less concerned with human rights and so called equality, but more motivated by the annoyance and offence this causes to Christians and those with religious beliefs and in particular the Catholic Church.

Yet you produce nothing to back up your persecution - fueled assertion.

T Fearon

Aside from the religious perspective I believe gay marriage and the normalisation of unnatural relationships to full equal status with those that are natural, is bad for society.

J70

Quote from: stew on April 30, 2015, 09:03:41 PM
Quote from: J70 on April 30, 2015, 08:32:26 PM
Quote from: stew on April 30, 2015, 08:06:51 PM
From my vantage point Fearon has a different view to most on here and they crucify him for it! What the fcuk is wrong with you people?

I differ in my views from Tony but I respect his right to feel how he feels, I do think he is a wee bit up the Kafflics Church's arse at times but he is at least honest and deserves better than to be treated as he is by some of you gaaboarders!

As long as they are not being married in Christian Churches, I simply hate people being treated differently from others but ultimately I believe marriage in the sight of God should be between a man and a woman, a civil marriage/ marriage of state should be sufficient to get the job done for these alternative lifestyle people!

I will never understand homosexuality but it has no bearing on how me or mine live our lives and given that some cnut from Armagh just got done for humping a dog whilst thinking of his infant children..... I guess there are a lot bigger issues than this one out there........................And the tr**p only got ten months!

Hold on there Stew - no one is forcing Tony to post his views. They are pretty strong and forceful, and probably deliberately provocative, especially when he ignores the valid critiques of his points. I don't think anyone is saying he doesn't have a right to his opinions. What he does not have is a right not to have those opinions analyzed and rebutted. As long as the responses are kept somewhat mannerly and non-personal, of course.

Bullshit, you seem to want him to hold his tongue based on your post as written above!

I never said anyone was forcing Tony to write his opinion, he has the same right to his as you do yours and I have no idea why anyone would be forced to post anything on an open forum such as this.

FFS maybe take a minute to read what I actually wrote,  not what you imagine.

My point is that, by posting his opinion,  Tony is subject to the same responses and rebuttals as the rest of us. You can't offer an opinion and then whine when someone dissects it. Which, to be fair, I don't think HE does. He just ignores it! :)

I don't want Tony to hold his tongue.  Why would I?

J70

Quote from: T Fearon on April 30, 2015, 09:19:37 PM
Aside from the religious perspective I believe gay marriage and the normalisation of unnatural relationships to full equal status with those that are natural, is bad for society.

In what way?

T Fearon

Scripture makes it very clear that homosexuality is wrong.A lot of Christian groups feel it is their God given duty to make people aware of their sin,hence the protests at gay pride parades etc.Although I would never participate in such protests,I do believe the people who do are motivated by the desire to save souls,not deliberately rile marchers etc.

But you can't call churches backward and discriminatory for simply adhering to non negotiable beliefs derived straight from the bible.

annapr

Quote from: T Fearon on April 30, 2015, 08:31:19 PM
Quite simply if a couple have a belief in God,and want to get married in his sight,and obtain his endorsement of their union,I believe a wedding ceremony in any Church is sufficient,on the basis of "when people are gathered together in my name I am present".

Stew how right you are.You get pilloried in Ireland for holding traditional views or beliefs these days.As I said before I suspect the majority trumpeting gay rights and so called equality here wouldn't be seen dead in a gay bar (was in one inadvertently in Glasgow myself one night but got out quicker than Usain Bolt when I realised where I was!) or at a gay pride parade,but anything that annoys or offends Christians with sincere beliefs is fair game for these people.
You haven't answered my question.
What would you do if a son or daughter of yours came to you and said they were Gay?
Would you disown them or try to cure them?
Would you allow their boyfriend/girlfriend into your house?
If it came down to a ultimatum of your church beliefs or the love of your child what would you do?

T Fearon

J70 I believe anything unnatural I'd wrong.Where is the moral compass with anything goes and the time honoured world order is tossed upside down?

ONeill

I oppose everything Fearon stands for. But he's playing a blinder here.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

T Fearon

Annapr ,sad to say but I couldn't tolerate any gay family members.I would have to say I would be forced to disown them.Harsh I know but this is my honest view

J70

Quote from: T Fearon on April 30, 2015, 09:26:00 PM
J70 I believe anything unnatural I'd wrong.Where is the moral compass with anything goes and the time honoured world order is tossed upside down?

How is homosexuality unnatural?