Leinster Minor Football Championship

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, April 04, 2023, 03:04:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Laois begin their campaign at home to Longford on Wednesday evening in O'Moore Park at 7.30pm.
They travel to face Offaly in Round 2 a week later and then host Kildare in their final game on April 26.

LAOIS:
                                                  Liam Conroy (Portlaoise)

Ben O'Connor (Portlaoise), Tadhg Dineen (St Joseph's), Danny McGrath (Graiguecullen)

Robbie Murphy (St Joseph's), Jack Brennan (Killeshin), James Dunne (Clonaslee-St Manman's)

Eoin Johnson (St Joseph's), Niall Lalor (Kilcavan)

Darren Brennan (Portlaoise), David Donohue (Stradbally), Paddy Fitzpatrick (The Heath)

Ennae Byrne (Arles-Killeen), Fionn McEvoy-Mullally (Stradbally), Evan English (Killeshin)

SUBS:
Ben Dillon (Stradbally), Tom O'Connell (Mountmellick), Fionn O'Sullivan (Crettyard), Callum Hogg (St Joseph's), Jomilio Salvador (Graiguecullen), Dan Boland (Courtwood), Sean Kirby (The Heath), Cathal Buggie (Stradbally), Sam Lynch (St Joseph's)

EXTENDED PANEL:
James Horahan (Graiguecullen), Robbie McEvoy (Mountmellick), Cody Tucker (Graiguecullen), Conor Kearney (O'Dempsey's), Pauric Ramsbottom (Timahoe), Jack Julian (Ballylinan), Jake Byrne (Portlaoise), Ben Howe (Barrowhouse), Darragh Pendergast (Ballyfin)
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

Heshs Umpire

Tadhg Dinneen is very highly rated. Hope he pushes on to under 20 and senior in years to come.
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

Laois Rising

What I find particularly interesting about the make up of the starting minor team is the return of our traditional powers such as Portlaoise, Joseph's, Graigue and Stradbally back-boning the team. It's good to see as these clubs getting their underage development structures right. On the flip side no players from O'Dempsey's, Portarlington or Ballyroan-Abbey in the starting team or subs. Have the other clubs caught up with them in terms of underage development? or has underage standards slipped in these clubs and too much priority put on successful sides to detriment of those following after?

clonadmad

Quote from: Laois Rising on April 06, 2023, 04:01:38 PM
What I find particularly interesting about the make up of the starting minor team is the return of our traditional powers such as Portlaoise, Joseph's, Graigue and Stradbally back-boning the team. It's good to see as these clubs getting their underage development structures right. On the flip side no players from O'Dempsey's, Portarlington or Ballyroan-Abbey in the starting team or subs. Have the other clubs caught up with them in terms of underage development? or has underage standards slipped in these clubs and too much priority put on successful sides to detriment of those following after?

Joseph's bet Stradbally Parish Gaels in last years minor A final with a team made up of a fair few u16's u15's and even 1 if not 2 u14's

I'd fully expect Joseph's to be even better again this year and to probably play the parish Gaels again in the Minor A final which would be a repeat of the u15 A final of 2 years ago

Portlaoise have a talented bunch of u16's who won the u15A last year and you would think they would be the backbone of a team that will start as favourites for the Minor A title next year and beyond.

At u15 A this year you'd have another right good Joseph's outfit,Portarlington and Park,probably a kick of a ball between the 3 of them with O'Dempseys not too far away

Jd

I think port had 3 triallists but none of them committed. O Ds have a chap on the panel but he was injured for last night. Ballyroan just had a less successful crop this year so it's not that standards are slipping in those clubs but just that they for whatever reasons don't have lads on the team

redsetanta

Started very well last night but goals killed them.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Sideline12

Goals are killing us in all our teams both
football and hurling why can't we defend ?

redsetanta

Anyone at the game last night.

Kildare seemed to be on top for the whole game and were convincing winners.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Jd

I was in and they put in a very good first half turned over at 7 points all. Second half kildare dominated and won easily. Kildare ability to kick long range points killed the laois defensive structure. I think their keeper kicked 4 frees from 45 mtrs and then they got a few from play from that distance too. Once they got ahead the laois lads struggled to get the ball up the field and then when they did the support just couldn't get there quick enough. Laois probably left 4 or 5 simple points behind them too. Some fine footballers there despite the loss

Chrimtain

That's an all time low tonight. 19 point defeat from Wexford.

Butch Cassidy

Shocking. Anyone in the know, can you tell me if they were missing anyone?

Chrimtain

Not a 19 point beating in hurling. Its football.

Tier2

Seen on laois today manager was sent off for an altercation with linesman. Anyone at it see what happened?

georgedoylesrightleg

Quote from: Jd on April 27, 2023, 01:42:52 PM
I was in and they put in a very good first half turned over at 7 points all. Second half kildare dominated and won easily. Kildare ability to kick long range points killed the laois defensive structure. I think their keeper kicked 4 frees from 45 mtrs and then they got a few from play from that distance too. Once they got ahead the laois lads struggled to get the ball up the field and then when they did the support just couldn't get there quick enough. Laois probably left 4 or 5 simple points behind them too. Some fine footballers there despite the loss
You do well 2 explain this one

Blow-in

Where's the future? It's all a solid mess