Christmas - is it class or not?

Started by Gaoth Dobhair Abu, December 16, 2007, 09:19:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I love Christmas - all aspects of it do you?

Yes, Christmas is class
No, Bah humbug

gerry

not a great fan of Christmas, to many remembers
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

Gold

well i love christmas

cant wait to get home, eat good food, catch up with family and old friends coming home 4 the festive period!

its a great time of year, only beaten by roaring hot summer days or evenins in Clones, Casement, Croker
or the first time u smell cut grass in the spring..
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

J70

Can't wait for Christmas. I'm taking a week off work and flying off to be with the family, including some very young nephews and nieces. There'll be a row or two undoubtedly, but its a great chance to relax and I love the whole Christmas atmosphere, with the decorations and the songs and the presents. Its my last week of pigging out as well before I once more embark on my annual attempt to lose a stone or two in the New Year!

Rav67

Absolutely love Christmas, everybodys in good spirits, no work or nothing to worry about (for me anyway) and loads of good rips.  Favourite time of the year by a long way.

his holiness nb

The best time of year by a county mile.

I dont get people saying its lost its meaning and its too commercial.
While thats true in some aspects you dont have to let it get to you.

Celebrate YOUR christmas how YOU want to.

And a merry one to all!
Ask me holy bollix

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

I just switch off to it. It's a few days off work.

Best time of year - last weekend in May in Clones...well, it was in the early 00s
"Something wrong with your eyes?....
Yes, they're sensitive to questions!"

Puckoon

And to you too HNN! Will you and the Mrs be on your own having the traditional roast....?

hard willies indeed :o[/sub]

his holiness nb

Quote from: Puckoon on December 17, 2007, 09:46:19 AM
And to you too HNN! Will you and the Mrs be on your own having the traditional roast....?

hard willies indeed :o[/sub]

I, just dont quite know how to answer that one  :o
:D :D
Ask me holy bollix

take_yer_points

I'm one of the Christmas is Class brigade!!

The sister coming home from England with the kids, the boys all coming home from England and meeting up in the town for a few nights out, the continental market in Belfast (has anyone had that German beer yet??  :o) - its all great!!

Roll on Friday afternoon til I get work finished off!!

Snowed Under

Quote from: his holiness nb on December 17, 2007, 09:42:53 AM
The best time of year by a county mile.

I dont get people saying its lost its meaning and its too commercial.
While thats true in some aspects you dont have to let it get to you.

Celebrate YOUR christmas how YOU want to.

And a merry one to all!

100% agree!

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

Christmas market in Belfast closes tomorrow!
"Something wrong with your eyes?....
Yes, they're sensitive to questions!"

downredblack

Christmas is class , New years eve is a different story .

Hurler on the Bitch

Things I hate about Christmas.....

Linfield v Glentoran (so what?)
Mass (I'm joining the CoI this year)
Turkey
Sweaters
Chitty Chitty Bang Bang!! (Although my mate has a blue movie for me this year in which a crowd of incontinent people have an orgy - it's called 'Shitty Shitty Gang Bang' ..)
Having to shag my wife's sister (again) (when I drop over the kids' toys on Christmas Eve)
Places Bring Shut
It's a Wonderful Life (Aye! it is surely)
Turkey Curry
Bailey's Cream
Having to shag my wife's sister (again) (when I pick her up to bring over to ours on New Year's Eve)

cville

Quote from: Hurler on the Bitch on December 17, 2007, 01:18:57 PM
Things I hate about Christmas.....

Linfield v Glentoran (so what?)
Mass (I'm joining the CoI this year)
Turkey
Sweaters
Chitty Chitty Bang Bang!! (Although my mate has a blue movie for me this year in which a crowd of incontinent people have an orgy - it's called 'Shitty Shitty Gang Bang' ..)
Having to shag my wife's sister (again) (when I drop over the kids' toys on Christmas Eve)
Places Bring Shut
It's a Wonderful Life (Aye! it is surely)
Turkey Curry
Bailey's Cream
Having to shag my wife's sister (again) (when I pick her up to bring over to ours on New Year's Eve)

WELL FOOK ME  ???

The Iceman

Christmas is a great time of year, and I think everyone would agree if they stopped complaining about how the spirit of Christmas is lost and try to re-capture it one person at a time.

If you don't like something, THEN DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!

Theres too much consumerism - don't add to it.  Do something meaningful and worthwhile this year!

There's no religious significance anymore - make it happen in your own home!

Its too expensive - then think of something to make yourself, or do something special as gifts for people.

Everyone sits around waiting on someone else to get things done and everyone misses out.

Happy Christmas to you all
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight