Mayo v Donegal, Elverys McHale Park, Aug 03, 6pm

Started by highorlow, July 22, 2019, 09:58:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

inthrough

Quote from: Cunny Funt on July 29, 2019, 08:59:57 PM
Quote from: ck on July 29, 2019, 11:41:28 AM
Donegal to win this one handy. Mayo were bloody awful against Meath.

As a reminder Donegal and Mayo both beat Meath by 9 points. Mayo scored 2-17 while Donegal scored 2-19.

Donegal at home v Meath.  57 mins played Meath 1-12 Donegal 1-11
Mayo in Croke park v Meath. 54 mins played Meath 0-12 Mayo 0-11

It's not what you do, it's the way that you do it.

inthrough

Quote from: larryin89 on July 29, 2019, 09:17:56 PM
We are 13/8 outsiders in a game we are playing at home . I'm not sure why people are shocked even offended when we some of us think we will be beat . On 2019 championship form I can't see how a case can even be made tbh , Roscommon beat us at home , Armagh should of beaten us , we are so poor in McHale park it's ridiculous for a start

A lot depends on how injuries will affect the line ups on the day.

Blowitupref

we are so poor in McHale park it's ridiculous for a start

Outside of Connacht championship games am i right in saying that Mayo have never lost a championship game in MacHale Park?  of course a record that could stay this weekend with a draw.

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

larryin89

Quote from: Blowitupref on July 29, 2019, 09:23:53 PM

Outside of Connacht championship games am i right in saying that Mayo have never lost a championship game in MacHale Park?  of course a record that could stay this weekend with a draw.

Why what where , I just don't get why people do that , McHale park pitch does not suit this mayo outfit that is the truth . Some stats in Gaa are very misguided  , like take some of the qualifier games against lower division the last three years at McHale park , Derry , Fermanagh , Kildare , Armagh etc none easy , some we could of easily lost but put them games in croker and I very much doubt we would of struggled like we did. 

I repeat myself , the dimensions of McHale park does not favour our present team . Do ya think we would been able to run at Galway like we did in Limerick if it had of been in Castlebar, no chance .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Blowitupref

Quote from: larryin89 on July 29, 2019, 09:36:19 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on July 29, 2019, 09:23:53 PM

Why what where , I just don't get why people do that , McHale park pitch does not suit this mayo outfit that is the truth . Some stats in Gaa are very misguided  , like take some of the qualifier games against lower division the last three years at McHale park , Derry , Fermanagh , Kildare , Armagh etc none easy , some we could of easily lost but put them games in croker and I very much doubt we would of struggled like we did. 

I repeat myself , the dimensions of McHale park does not favour our present team . Do ya think we would been able to run at Galway like we did in Limerick if it had of been in Castlebar, no chance .

You can put that theory to bed because the pitch is Limerick is the same size as Castlebar.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

larryin89

Gold

"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

J70

Rumours going around that McBrearty is a serious doubt for Saturday.

joemamas

Quote from: J70 on July 31, 2019, 01:42:05 AM
Rumours going around that McBrearty is a serious doubt for Saturday.

Quote from: joemamas on July 29, 2019, 12:07:12 AM
Two weeks ago I would have bet the ranch on Donegal in this game.
Now I think it will be toss up.
Was at the game last weekend rewatched them two nights ago.
Donegal V Kerry just seemed so much faster and was better skill level,

However,
For Donegal midfielder Magee has to be very very doubtful if not out, hamstring.
Other midfield McFadden came off hurt 5-7 minutes into second half, doubt if he will be fully fit for Saturday.
Throw in Paddy Mcbrearty who obviously hurt his hamstring, he pulled up a bit in the 62nd minute, did not touch the ball for the remaining  8 minutes, and 4 or 5 of injury time. In fact he was doing his utmost to stay away from the ball.
Donegal #2 also went off with an apparent injury,
So throw those plus Owen Ban Gallagher into the doubtful/out category and things have evened up a bit.

Still fancy Donegal, as Mayo at times looked shagged, two or three minutes to go in first half,
AOS gave a pass around midfield under the hoganstand, I looked up there were four Mayo players hands on hips walking towards the 70 yard lone, not one of them able to run on in support.

The actual line outs may tell the tale.
It should be an incredible occasion despite the best efforts of the overzealous H&C

Should not be a shock that he is doubtful

J70

Its not, but we were hopeful he would be all right.

inthrough

If that news is coming from the Donegal camp then I would put the house on him being fine & lining out.

giveherlong

Anyone have the Dara O'Se article from today, subscriber only

kerryforsam19

Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on July 31, 2019, 11:16:56 AM
https://www.facebook.com/JJBurkeCarSales/photos/a.604463539567886/2824914937522724?type=3&sfns=mo

Cast off?

All the Mayo lads getting free cars? Wish we had that luxury in kerry. Seanie O'Shea was driving his mother car when met him in Kenmare last week. That was a 93 Ford Cortina. Doubt he make Killarney in that.

larryin89