Mayo v Armagh- Round 3 Qualifier

Started by Mayo4Sam14, June 24, 2019, 11:42:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Itchy

I'll agree with the Armaghs that Maurice Deegan is a brutal referee. He should have been put out to pasture long ago.

BennyCake

Deegan brutal. What a surprise. Is there any good referees out there?

Throw ball

Long drive yesterday to Castlebar and back but think Armagh  play football that is worth watching. It was one of those days though. Who would believe Mayo would score 1.7 from 8 attempts in the second half. Rian O'Neill has a long county career in front of him and is unlikely to have as many wides again. A massive crowd from Mayo and the GAA will be happy they are still there. I find it funny though how players can ' get in the faces ' of their opponent and nothing happens and yet the slightest touch can lead to a free. Overall though Mayo had far superior game management than Armagh. In Armagh we can complain about this and that but in the end we didn't take a great chance to advance and we miss on the super 8s again.

Angelo

Quote from: BennyCake on June 30, 2019, 10:19:41 AM
Deegan brutal. What a surprise. Is there any good referees out there?

Gough was good when he started out but seems to be getting too big a penchant for the headlines. The black card for Peter Harte the last day being an example, wants to be seen to make the big decisions even when there is a big chance he has got it wrong.

There's not too many referees I'd have confidence in but there's certainly a few worse than others. Deegan is the type of ref that will fill your heart with dread when he's down to officiate your game, unless you're from Kerry of course.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Main Street

Cop yourselves on, Deegan didn't lose that game for Armagh, not by a longshot.

Over the Bar

He'll have plenty of time to practice a better goal celebration now he's on his holidays.....cringe!

https://mobile.twitter.com/SkySportsGAA/status/1145040011450077185

RedHand88

Quote from: Over the Bar on June 30, 2019, 10:51:25 AM
He'll have plenty of time to practice a better goal celebration now he's on his holidays.....cringe!

This should be made a black card offence.

tonto1888

The only thing cringe is you

Over the Bar

Quote from: tonto1888 on June 30, 2019, 10:58:14 AM

So is this the sort of crap they teach at this Orchard Academy?  Any wonder you're out of the championship every year before the 12th.   ;D

tonto1888

Quote from: Over the Bar on June 30, 2019, 11:06:09 AM

So is this the sort of crap they teach at this Orchard Academy?  Any wonder you're out of the championship every year before the 12th.   ;D

You are a sad little man/boy/woman/girl

balladmaker

Listened to McGeeney's radio interview on BBC, I know it was in the aftermath of a defeat in a game his team should have won, but I was left wondering if he's about to depart Armagh.  I hope not, he has the team on an upward curve, the key is keeping that panel together now, no defections next year please!

under the bar

Quote from: balladmaker on June 30, 2019, 11:09:13 AM
Listened to McGeeney's radio interview on BBC, I know it was in the aftermath of a defeat in a game his team should have won, but I was left wondering if he's about to depart Armagh.  I hope not, he has the team on an upward curve, the key is keeping that panel together now, no defections next year please!

Rian O'Neill heading to WWF?

Gold

I hope McGeeney stays...the intensity of Armagh was immense, his stamp was all over it

They could and should get promoted if they stick together and play like that
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

balladmaker

Quote from: Gold on June 30, 2019, 11:22:49 AM

I hope McGeeney stays...the intensity of Armagh was immense, his stamp was all over it

They could and should get promoted if they stick together and play like that

It's a long time till January :-(

BennyCake

Quote from: Over the Bar on June 30, 2019, 11:06:09 AM

Wise up, man.