Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlieTully

Quote from: lucan on May 01, 2015, 08:44:44 PM
Colm Maginn played for Drumgath up to going to the US .He played in the intermediate championship final against the Bosco in 2013.

Very true lucan. Bizarrely even got man of the match. A good lad the dude. Best of luck to him.

Minus15

charlieTully

Quote from: Minus15 on May 02, 2015, 09:51:37 AM
Why bizarrely?

Because there were three or four who played better on the day. Its all subjective  anyway.

lucan

I thought the same Charley.

Line Ball

Quote from: fairplay on May 01, 2015, 01:30:53 AM
And had my Granny got 2 she'd have been my Grandfather.

Take yourself off for another 4 years.

fairplay

Quote from: Line Ball on May 02, 2015, 08:52:18 PM
Quote from: fairplay on May 01, 2015, 01:30:53 AM
And had my Granny got 2 she'd have been my Grandfather.

Take yourself off for another 4 years.
Lighten up- just a bit of banter.

SHEEDY

Down lost 2-13 to 1-12 to Meath in a challenge match today. Anyone at it or hear any reports?
nil satis nisi optimum

Line Ball

Taken from Hoganstand

SF Challenge: Meath defeat Down
03 May 2015

Meath overcame Down by four points in this senior football challenge to mark the official opening of the magnificent facilities at St Patricks GAA club in Stamullen Co.Meath.

Meath 2-13 Down 1-12

Both counties made numerous changes to their starting XV listed in the programme. Donal O'Hare opened the scoring for the Ulster men but Meath hit back with a Graham Reilly brace. Full forward Shane O'Rourke pointed to give the home county a 0-4 to 0-3 lead at the midway stage. The accurate Paul Devlin put Down back in front when he sent over two frees. The Royals send over the next four points courtesy of Reilly (2), Harry Rooney and Andy Tormey but it was Down who dominated the closing stages. Ryan Johnston got in for a well worked goal and five unanswered points from Peter Fitzpatrick, Devlin (3) and Johnston gave the visitors a 1-10 to 0-8 interval lead.

Meath got a great start to the second half with a Graham Reilly goal after 2 minutes. Reilly and Bryan McMahon (2) added points to put Mick O'Dowds men in front. On as a first half substitute, Conor Laverty drew the teams level and the Kilcoo player put Down back in front with a point from the penalty spot. That proved to be their last score as Meath took over. Reilly added a goal and a point. Tormey finished out the scoring when sending over a free.

While it was a good work out for both teams Down manager Jim McCorry will be a little worried about the injuries picked up by Ross McGarry and keeper Kieran Gordon.

Meath scorers: Graham Reilly 2-6, Bryan McMahon and Andy Tormey 0-2 each, Eamonn Wallace, Shane O'Rourke and Harry Rooney 0-1 each.

Down scorers: Paul Devlin 0-5, Ryan Johnston 1-1, Conor Laverty 0-2, Donal O'Hare and Peter Fitzpatrick 0-1 each.

Meath: Conor McHugh, Simon Carty, Conor McGill, James McEntee, Nicky Judge, Ciaran McConnell, Brian Power, Harry Rooney, Sean Tobin, Graham Reilly, Damien Carroll, Andy Tormey, Eamonn Wallace, Shane O'Rourke, Bryan McMahon.

Subs: Adam Flanagan, David Dalton, Donncha Tobin, Donal Keogan, Bryan Menton, Paraic Harnan, Donal Landy.

Down: Kieran Gordon, Damien Turley, Luke Howard, Ryan Boyle, Brendan McArdle, Niall Madine, Ryan Mallon, Peter Fitzpatrick, Paul Devlin, Ryan Johnston, Packie Downey, Aidan Carr, Donal O'Hare, Arthur McConville, Ross McGarry.
Subs: Conor Laverty, Kevin McKiernan, Caolan Mooney

Referee: Maurice Deegan

outinfront

Busy weekend of club football ahead...

Hedgehunter

Kilcoo v Glenn is off I heard due to a club cycle event.. Not official though.

5 Sams

Quote from: outinfront on May 05, 2015, 04:44:06 PM
Busy weekend of club football ahead...

Big top of the table clash in Ballyholland Fri night at half 7.  ;) Harps V Burren
The Aristocrat Years

rosskarr

Hoping for a win against potential fellow strugglers
after our last match hammering

imagine

Hope there are no injuries over the weekend.

Smurfy123

Called over to Rostrevor Mayobridge game tonight(running late from work)
McCorry could be doing with that Mayobridge midfield pairing for the championship against Derry
Big Strong Physical and they both can play ball.Coulter and Garvey both class acts tonight.
Terrible night for football hopefully no injuries picked up tonight or Sunday

Hedgehunter

Tullylish v St Johns abandoned with 8mins to go due to a bad injury to John McAreavey I heard.