Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GalwayBayBoy

What a week for Irish sport.

T O Hare

Quote from: bridgegael on March 22, 2009, 12:20:47 AM
brilliant!!!  dunne was brilliant tonight.  ref has alot to answer for,  should have stopped it the first time cordoba went down in the 11th

You not in bed yet??? big match tommorrow!!!!!! ;D
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

bridgegael

going now man!!  your starting tomorrow, so plenty of rest
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

T O Hare

LOL i wish, away to dream of plucking balls and scoring goals then ;D :D
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

Shortso79

What a fight !

What a night for Ireland !

milltown row

what was davy Fitz ndoing in the ring?????  hope your man is ok

TORGAEL

Fantastic fight. Fabulous performance from Dunne

PadraicHenryPearse

Great fight. Both looked out of it at different stages. Great result

Tony Baloney

Didn't think he had the legs for it as he seemed blown in the 10th. Great win and great atmosphere.

Thought that was that wee bollox Fitz in the ring at the end. Bernard's doll must have got dressed in the dark.

Donagh

Missed the first few but thought Cordoba had the best from 5 until the 10th. That the referee allowed that to go on after the second flooring was bad. I'd say Dunne will take no pleasure out of this until he knows Cordoba  is ok.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Absolutely superb fight  ;D ;D ;D. Think I enjoyed that one even more than the Rugby. Dunne was brilliant - way way ahead of anything he's ever produced on RTÉ before. Amazing fight to watch as well. Would tend to agree with the lads in the RTÉ studio that when Cordoba got after the second knock down he ha d aright to go on - after all Dunne was down twice in a round in the 5th as well. Delighted for Dunne - finally laid to rest the ghost of Martinez. A world champion for Ireland to be proud of.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Main Street

I wouldn't want you scoring my fights Donagh. :)
Subjectivly speaking, I thought after Cordoba had his 5th round he didn't take control, in fact he looked the more wobbly from the 6th onwards.

Dunne was imperious after he survived the aftermath of the 5th and for the most part he looked the most likely to have the wherewithall to finish off the fight in the latter rounds.

bridgegael

would agree with main street here.  thought dunne was on top from the 6th rd up.  would disagree  with the rte lads in that after the 1st knocdown in 11th cordoba was hardly even fit to stand never mind protect himself,  and as a result of that we see what eventually happened him.  poor refereeing. 
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

Doogie Browser

It was a great nights entertainment, two excellent main fights.

Rav67

That's a hell of a division that Dunne is in, it or welterweight would probably be the strongest of the lot- Vasquez, Marquez, Caballero, de Leon all super-bantam.  Any chat about who he'll fight next?  I suppose he'll be looking to go to America to fight one of those if he could.