Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyroneboi

Well lads, what do all you boxing experts out there think about the Bernard Dunne fight this weekend? Does he have a good chance of winning? Would love to see him win it seems like a likeable sort of person.

Declan

If it remains a technical boxing match he's in with a chance - Though it is rare for fighters to lose in their first voluntary defence

billy the kid

I fancy Dunne to do it, he has looked really strong in his recent fights and has a different approach to since the Martinez loss.  Cordoba has never won on foreign soil and he will be in for some wall of noise in the O2.  Dunne returns to the scene of his only loss with a point to prove and a title to win, think Dunne will def start well but fight will prob go the distance with dunne edging it on points.

Dunne actually is a very nice fella (for a kn**ker) I met him in Croke Park a few years ago before he was as well known and he chatted away about boxing and the Dubs.

There was a crowd of youngsters following him around and he was signing anything they asked, he was really dead on about it, and commented "I bet they dont even know who I am, probably think Im playing out there later on" (Points at Croke Park pitch) "God wouldnt that be great."
If it moves hit it
If it doesnt hit it anyway!!

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: billy the kid on March 20, 2009, 03:55:47 PM
I fancy Dunne to do it, he has looked really strong in his recent fights and has a different approach to since the Martinez loss.  Cordoba has never won on foreign soil and he will be in for some wall of noise in the O2.  Dunne returns to the scene of his only loss with a point to prove and a title to win, think Dunne will def start well but fight will prob go the distance with dunne edging it on points.

Dunne actually is a very nice fella (for a kn**ker) I met him in Croke Park a few years ago before he was as well known and he chatted away about boxing and the Dubs.

There was a crowd of youngsters following him around and he was signing anything they asked, he was really dead on about it, and commented "I bet they dont even know who I am, probably think Im playing out there later on" (Points at Croke Park pitch) "God wouldnt that be great."

How good has the opposition since Martinez been though? The stat about Cordoba not winning in 3 fights outside Panama is encouraging though. Have to say I quite like Dunne though a lot of people seem put off by his cockiness. Could be a great day for Irish sport tomorrow.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Galwaybhoy

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on March 21, 2009, 12:26:09 AM
Quote from: billy the kid on March 20, 2009, 03:55:47 PM

How good has the opposition since Martinez been though? The stat about Cordoba not winning in 3 fights outside Panama is encouraging though. Have to say I quite like Dunne though a lot of people seem put off by his cockiness. Could be a great day for Irish sport tomorrow.

If anything Dunne is not cocky at all when compared to most other boxers.  I never thought Dunne would win a World Title, I hope he proves me wrong later on today.  I know al ot of people don't like Dunne at all, but its typical, theres always a few begrudgers.

supersub

its all wrapped up now

Declan

Anyone I've spoken with that has met him says Dunne is a genuinely nice lad and a very decent fella. The arrogance/cockiness that he appears to have is only for the fight.
Hope he does it tonight - Plus he loves the Dubs so he can't be bad!!!

nrico2006

I have followed Dunne for years and he is very entertaining and seems a decent fella. Hope he can do it tonight, also hope that Andy Lee does the business - the lads got rockets on both arms!
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

tyroneboi

Its up to Bernard now to make it one of the best days in Irish sporting history. Good luck!

bridgegael

some fight going on here!!! could go either way!c'mon bernard
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

milltown row

hunky dorys looks silly in the ring

GalwayBayBoy

milltown row

T O Hare

Fair play to ya Bernard!!!!!!!!!some atmosphere!!!!!!
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

bridgegael

brilliant!!!  dunne was brilliant tonight.  ref has alot to answer for,  should have stopped it the first time cordoba went down in the 11th
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"