Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

full back

Has Rogan got any sort of chance?
Harrison is a short favouite, was wondering could there be an upset?

mattockranger

it will come down to heart.....which harrison lacked severly and Rogan has plenty of!!

come on the prizefighter!!
will to win is important the will to prepare to win is vital

billy the kid

Anyone Know Odds on this one?

Would fancy Rogan to beat him as Harrison hates in your face fighters who keep coming forward and he has the heart of a Sparrow. Rogan will hassle him and fight on the front foot and Rogan has quite a punch whereas Harrison has as bad a chin as Amir Khan or Lennox Lewis.

I think I would put a few Squid on Rogan.
If it moves hit it
If it doesnt hit it anyway!!

full back

With Ladbrokes

Audley Harrison  1 - 6 
Draw  25 - 1 
Martin Rogan  7 - 2 

YogiBear

Would love to see big Roggie knock Fraudley clean out but I work with Roggies best mate and he says he doesn't think he has much of a chance.  Said he is in great shape but would need to get him early but he said Fraudley has far better pedigree as he has won olympic gold whereas Roggie would be nowhere near an olympic team but I know the professional fights are different. 

Great performance by Katie Taylor absolutely class and great footballer as well would def be in top 5 Irish sports stars ever in my opinion.

billy the kid

Quote from: full back on December 02, 2008, 11:42:52 AM
With Ladbrokes

Audley Harrison  1 - 6 
Draw  25 - 1 
Martin Rogan  7 - 2 

Will have to seriously consider a wee flutter on Rogan.
If it moves hit it
If it doesnt hit it anyway!!

whiskeysteve

Congratulations to Paul 'Dudey' McCloskey of Dungiven who has just beaten Colin Lynes in London for the British Light Welterweight title after taking the fight on a weeks notice (he was due to fight on the undercard but stepped in as a replacement)

After the first 2 rounds he thoroughly outclassed Lynes who retired at the end of the ninth.

A British Champion with an Ulster Senior Football Club medal  ;D
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

laceer

Quote from: whiskeysteve on December 05, 2008, 11:50:12 PM
Congratulations to Paul 'Dudey' McCloskey of Dungiven who has just beaten Colin Lynes in London for the British Light Welterweight title after taking the fight on a weeks notice (he was due to fight on the undercard but stepped in as a replacement)

After the first 2 rounds he thoroughly outclassed Lynes who retired at the end of the ninth.

just watched that fight. he's not a bad fighter - good to see it.did he play much football?

bridgegael

mccloskey had one shaky moment in the 2nd round but came through it and totally outclassed the fancied lynes.  you could hear lynes telling his corner after the ninth that he couldn do anymore. well done paul.   now for fagan and rogan to upset the oul english tonight.
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

Rav67

McCloskey's a handy fighter and probably should have been at the stage of winning a British title 2 years ago but he's had very few fights for various reasons.  He's in probably the toughest division there is at the minute on a world stage but I suppose he'll try and crack on and go for a European title anyway.

Anyone ordering Judgement Day tonight?  I've been trying to order it on the box office screen but its not working and when I rang up sky box office and went through the options it kept cutting me off.  The main event should be a cracker, if Pacquiao can beat DLH it will be an amazing feat comparable to Roy Jones Jr winning the heavyweight title. 

bridgegael

tried ordering through the remote control aswell,  couldnt do it.  had to phone and order it,  such a job i had to :-\  one the phone for a good ten mins sorting the whole thing out.  anyway its booked and looking forward to the first couple of fights in england,  would love to see the khan and harrison get knocked out!!

does anyone know who is on the undercard for the big one in vegas??

i'm going to go for pacquio in the main event. think he will wear de la hoya down and win on points.
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

milltown row

good price for the fight also. DLH could loose out on this one, i'm going for pacquio and rogie

whiskeysteve

Quote from: laceer on December 06, 2008, 03:08:26 AM
Quote from: whiskeysteve on December 05, 2008, 11:50:12 PM

just watched that fight. he's not a bad fighter - good to see it.did he play much football?

If I remember correctly a Dungiven poster on the Derry thread said he was 17 and played corner back for them when they won the Derry c'ship in '97 - then was just on the panel thereafter as he started to concentrate on the boxing. Think hes only turned professional in the last 3/4 years.

Some weekend of boxing. McCloskey last night and from 10.45 on Carl Froch fights for the Super-middleweight title on ITV1, then Rogie v. Fraudley, Enzo Maccarenelli moves up for a heavyweight clash, Khan v. an irish fella Fagan and of course DLH v. Pacman on Sky.

Will be watching boxing all night
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

glens73

I've done a double on Pascal to stop Froch and Rogan to do the same to Harrison - combined odds of 76/1 with Ladbrokes, worth a flutter at those odds

Froch is widely tipped to beat Pascal but I'm not so sure about him, his hands are too low and Pascal is a dangerous fighter

As for Rogan if he puts plenty of pressure on Harrison he may well cave in.

I reckon Pacman could beat DLH with his speed being the decisive factor

whiskeysteve

Quote from: glens73 on December 06, 2008, 06:56:51 PM
I've done a double on Pascal to stop Froch and Rogan to do the same to Harrison - combined odds of 76/1 with Ladbrokes, worth a flutter at those odds

Froch is widely tipped to beat Pascal but I'm not so sure about him, his hands are too low and Pascal is a dangerous fighter

As for Rogan if he puts plenty of pressure on Harrison he may well cave in.

I reckon Pacman could beat DLH with his speed being the decisive factor

Those are very good odds! Might have a flutter myself...