The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Iceman

Quote from: J70 on January 13, 2017, 01:59:06 PM
Quote from: The Iceman on January 13, 2017, 01:02:41 PM
J70 my real point is we can solve nothing here and to try to put that seem energy and passion in to local government would serve us all better.
I genuinely believe anyone else would have beaten trump - I think Bernie or Biden would have beaten him.
I don't know how long Trump will last - theres enough crazies in this country that he could get a .357 delivered at high speed and its President Pence going forward.

It's fun and interesting to discuss this stuff. Doesn't mean we can't also support causes and get active in our real lives.
Interesting choice of words :)
I think the fun often gets taken out of the discussion and this thread especially descends to name calling and insults...
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

vallankumous

Quote from: The Iceman on January 13, 2017, 01:02:41 PM
J70 my real point is we can solve nothing here and to try to put that seem energy and passion in to local government would serve us all better.
I genuinely believe anyone else would have beaten trump - I think Bernie or Biden would have beaten him.
I don't know how long Trump will last - theres enough crazies in this country that he could get a .357 delivered at high speed and its President Pence going forward.

Same thing was said about Obama. Presidents don't get assassinated anymore. There's that much unity at the top they get bought instead.

johnneycool

It's hard not to feel happy for Trump now that he's on the receiving end of this fake news (or is it?) considering he didn't call bullshit on any of the stuff he was happy to propagate during the elections.

Interesting times and his actions towards Moscow will be watched with interest now...

All the same the White House staff are readying themselves for his arrival with a new consignment of rubber sheets just in case.

moysider

Quote from: johnneycool on January 13, 2017, 02:50:36 PM
It's hard not to feel happy for Trump now that he's on the receiving end of this fake news (or is it?) considering he didn't call bullshit on any of the stuff he was happy to propagate during the elections.

Interesting times and his actions towards Moscow will be watched with interest now...

All the same the White House staff are readying themselves for his arrival with a new consignment of rubber sheets just in case.

Trump doesn't give a shite - sorry piss - now!

The Russians and James Comey got him over the line. As is clear from some posters here, misogyny was a factor as well.

I expect Comey will ride off into the sunset now with saddles full of Trump gold. Putin is probably laughing his arse off.  The people of America voted for this privileged, despicable individual and deserve him as a result. Good for them. Unfortunately the rest of the us will have to put up with his whims and ego as well. Even before he becomes President it looks like 'Carry on Trump'.   

whitey

Quote from: moysider on January 14, 2017, 01:33:00 AM

The Russians and James Comey got him over the line. As is clear from some posters here, misogyny was a factor as well.

I expect Comey will ride off into the sunset now with saddles full of Trump gold. Putin is probably laughing his arse off.  The people of America voted for this privileged, despicable individual and deserve him as a result. Good for them. Unfortunately the rest of the us will have to put up with his whims and ego as well. Even before he becomes President it looks like 'Carry on Trump'.

If Comey didnt come public with the fact Hillarys emails were on Weiners laptop, and it came out after the fact that they sat on it, I honestly think people would have taken up arms against the government......and Im not talking about a couple of dozen people. 

Half the fvckin population is armed to the teeth over here, and most of them hate Hillary like people in Ireland hate Enda, just multiply it by anout 1000

moysider

Quote from: whitey on January 14, 2017, 01:55:17 AM

If Comey didnt come public with the fact Hillarys emails were on Weiners laptop, and it came out after the fact that they sat on it, I honestly think people would have taken up arms against the government......and Im not talking about a couple of dozen people. 

Half the fvckin population is armed to the teeth over here, and most of them hate Hillary like people in Ireland hate Enda, just multiply it by anout 1000

Most of the people that voted, voted for Hillary ffs. What are you saying? Taking up arms against government? What government? The Comey interference was obviously timely and calculated. And as it turned out without substance but had intended effect. If you believe that was incidental or coincidental, then you are in a minority.
What is the 'armed to the teeth' stuff about. I know some people voted for Trump because they feared Hillary would have taken away some of their guns. That was another bit of spin Trump angled off. No administration was going to take on gun laws for along time again. that was put to bed. Or drug companies either.

whitey

Quote from: moysider on January 14, 2017, 03:00:08 AM
Quote from: whitey on January 14, 2017, 01:55:17 AM

Most of the people that voted, voted for Hillary ffs. What are you saying? Taking up arms against government? What government? The Comey interference was obviously timely and calculated. And as it turned out without substance but had intended effect. If you believe that was incidental or coincidental, then you are in a minority.
What is the 'armed to the teeth' stuff about. I know some people voted for Trump because they feared Hillary would have taken away some of their guns. That was another bit of spin Trump angled off. No administration was going to take on gun laws for along time again. that was put to bed. Or drug companies either.

Hillary got more votes.....but the entirety that surplus came from 1 State....California....the most left wing state in the country.  Absent California Trump won more votes accross the other 49 States by over 1m votes

http://www.investors.com/politics/commentary/its-official-clintons-popular-vote-win-came-entirely-from-california/

Comey didnt "interfere".....he had a legal and constitutional obligation to inform Congress of any  material developments in the email investigation........finding 650,000 of Hillarys emails on Weiners laptop would definitely check that box in mine and many other reasonable peoples opinions.

If he sat on that, and it came out....I honestly think you would have seen armed poeple take to the streets (nothing to do with gun control)

heganboy

Quotehe had a legal and constitutional obligation to inform Congress of any  material developments in the email investigation........finding 650,000 of Hillarys emails on Weiners laptop would definitely check that box in mine and many other reasonable peoples opinions.

Relevance? And since when did you qualify as reasonable people?

Can't believe you still keep hooking fish.

Trumpski to be impeached by 2019

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

omochain

There we have it. Right from the "Whitey" , Californian voters don't count. Well should not be heeded. They don't vote the "right" way

stew

Quote from: omochain on January 14, 2017, 05:58:07 AM
There we have it. Right from the "Whitey" , Californian voters don't count. Well should not be heeded. They don't vote the "right" way

Of course they count, the fact is the electoral college was implemented to stop the Californias and the New Yorks from always determining the outcome of the election, it has helped both parties in the past.

I have never seen worse losers than the democrats in this cycle, they are absolutaly atrocious, funny as fack, but atrocious.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Jell 0 Biafra

Or, if we discount Texas and Alabama, Hilary won the popular vote by 5 million.

Gmac

Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on January 14, 2017, 02:34:43 PM
its a bit like Dublin in Ireland should the Dublin area have one third of the tds in Ireland because of its population? Don't think the rest of the country would like that very much.
California provided Hillary with 55 votes out of a total of 538 more than 10% and the population is about 12% of the country so a small difference , trump ran a smarter campaign in that he concentrated on the swing states and won them all and in the final results he thrashed her.

whitey

Hence how ridiculous the argument about Hillary getting more votes....it doesnt matter....simple as....thats not the system we have in place.

If we follow that same logic we should be all  in arms about UKIP getting one seat for 3,800,000 votes, while the SNP got 56 seats on 1,450,000 votes.

Or the Irish system where the person who gets more first preference votes doenst necessarily up winning a seat against someone who gets more transfers

Jell 0 Biafra

Quote from: whitey on January 14, 2017, 04:09:26 PM

Hence how ridiculous the argument about Hillary getting more votes....it doesnt matter....simple as....thats not the system we have in place.

If we follow that same logic we should be all  in arms about UKIP getting one seat for 3,800,000 votes, while the SNP got 56 seats on 1,450,000 votes.

Or the Irish system where the person who gets more first preference votes doenst necessarily up winning a seat against someone who gets more transfers

I agree that the point about Hilary getting more votes doesn't matter.  Both sides knew where the goalposts were at the outset.  What I find silly is the frequently made point that if we discount California, Hilary didn't get more votes.  If we're going to talk about the popular vote, why omit California while keeping the bigger Trump margin states in the tally?

whitey

Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on January 14, 2017, 04:20:46 PM
Quote from: whitey on January 14, 2017, 04:09:26 PM

I agree that the point about Hilary getting more votes doesn't matter.  Both sides knew where the goalposts were at the outset.  What I find silly is the frequently made point that if we discount California, Hilary didn't get more votes.  If we're going to talk about the popular vote, why omit California while keeping the bigger Trump margin states in the tally?

Agreed its a silly argument, but there is actually some logic behind it seeing as Californiais such an outlier......38 M people.....versus the next closest state Texas with 26 M people.

By my back of the napkin calculations if we take out both Texas and Ca Trump won the popular vote by 53811000 to 53214000