Best way to deal with an annoying flatmate??

Started by downgirl, October 22, 2008, 12:08:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PadraicHenryPearse

on another messageboard recently and members were given 2 week bans for comments like those, Sexual harassement  ::)

Careful now, down with that sort of thing......

PHP

downgirl

illdecide do you ever think of anything apart from sex???????

Anyway we think he might be gay and just not know it yet...last night was the first time he had male friends over the rest of the time its been girls (and not over in the sex way before anyone says it)...but maybe that's just his poshness...daddy owns apartments in clonmel and a studfarm and I went to Rockwell....get over yourself!!!! 

Oh yea and a few weeks ago he was asking me what points I got in the LC and I was like em I did A-Levels can you not tell from the accent that I'm not from here and he was like what points did you get what grades did you get etc etc etc...I was like I can hardly remember it's like 3 years ago!!!  Such a 1st year.

Don't have curtains so can't use the curtain pole and fish idea unfortunately Gs Man, he did leave a load of rice in the pulghole in the sink after not clearing up after himself, and we were so annoyed last night my friend put some of it in his press.  The rest of it was still in the plughole this morning....

As for the living like him for a week I don't think we could stand it to be honest, I am by no means tidy but I do like kitchens and bathrooms to be clean!!  And one of my flatmates is a really clean freak...we were all itching to clean the kitchen last night after him but we stopped ourselves in time!!!

Its just so annoying like hes only doing commerce (no offence to anyone who is doing it/did it) but the 3 of us are doing science so we have been working since the day we came back in September like, we have had exams already and he hardly ever has college and he never goes!  Oh yea and he leaves lights, heaters and the TV on when he goes out...very very very annoying.

So what's the best way for us to put it to the manager of the place tomorrow for to get him moved to a different apartment??

PHP - what was your man from Rockwell like??

PadraicHenryPearse

posh git, loved himself, very polite, real mammy's boy but it was all put on. he was arrogant and thought he was above everyone. (i went to Blackrock for 3 years so i know the type) used to show us all the pictures from his days playing schools rugby in his scrapbox (why bring that to your college accomodation) shorts and sandals all the time even when it was freezing (don't know why that annoys me but it does). He used to walk into one of the girls rooms without knocking all the time and sit on her bed and chat to her when she was going to bed (she couldn't stand him). He wasn't untidy and he wasn't a first year but i can imagine what its like for you - try going to school with 200 people in your year and the vast majority like that...

PHP (post 99)

Over the Bar

Pretend for a day that you really like him.  Ask him if he'd like to go out for a meal.  At dinner suggest that you both should get married.

ziggysego

also ask if you can keep a pair of his boxers as a keep sake of your first date.
Testing Accessibility

full back

Quote from: ziggysego on October 22, 2008, 12:03:16 PM
also ask if you can keep a pair of his boxers as a keep sake of your first date.

Are you serious ziggy?
This certainly wouldnt put him off

ziggysego

Maybe not you or illdecide, but it would most men.
Testing Accessibility

full back

lurganblue

Quote from: full back on October 22, 2008, 12:15:42 PM
I would think this girl is a real goer ;)

agreed  ;)
especially considering this is a first year student. get them af ya he´d say (only in a posh accent)  ;)

TacadoirArdMhacha

Downgirl what does your lease say about people moving in? Did you sign a lease with the girls you know, in which case the landlord may not have been entitled to move him in in the first place? Do you rent the flat as a 3 or 4 or are you all just renting your own room and have use of the communal areas? Also there's a decent chance he's already violating the terms of his own lease if he's pissing yis off that much.

Best thing to do is just to have a word with him for the meantime but if it doesn't improve ya might havta go to the landlord. Worth having a look at the lease beforehand though just to check where ya stand. The chances are the landlord won't want to know, if they're anything like the ones in Belfast.

Or ya could just lay off the youngster. He's only a gasun, still learning his trade in the university of life.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

dodo

Used tampons on show.....he'll have left uni for good by day's end.

illdecide

Quote from: downgirl on October 22, 2008, 10:43:22 AM
illdecide do you ever think of anything apart from sex???????

Well eerrr no!!!Its hard to beat the old "Sex" and i think about it all the time and thats because i don't get any...It's what men do, the rest of them are either afraid to admit it or have not came out of the closet yet... :D BTW i did say i was joking so there was need for that...lol

Just fecking whack the we shit across the ear and tell him not to do it again...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

pintsofguinness

downgirl instead of leaving notes for him I think you should just speak to him.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

gerry

Quote from: pintsofguinness on October 22, 2008, 08:11:56 PM

good man pints, the only sound advice so far
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

pintsofguinness

Quote from: gerry on October 22, 2008, 08:32:37 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on October 22, 2008, 08:11:56 PM

good man pints, the only sound advice so far
It's only because it the block of flats I live some p***k keeps leaving notes everywhere, there's notes in the halls about tv licences (mind your own business!), the fire alarm (yes I'll turn it off if I set it off), the bins (I'll take my bin out whenever I want to!) and I just think "f**k off" every time I see a new note.  The best one is the one at the post box which reads "please be sure to take your own mail only" (because I want yours?!)" - it just makes me want to hide his post!
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?