Premier League 2024-2025

Started by square_ball, June 18, 2024, 10:16:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt Pat

If Everton collapse, what happens to their new stadium?

lurganblue

Utd getting some business done early. I dont know much about Yoro but it looks like Utd have overpaid for a lad with 1 year left on his deal, to fend off the sniffing Madrid. Utd do like to overpay though... time will tell on that one. It does look like the overhaul is underway.

Very hard to predict the league this year isnt it. Obviously City will be in the top 2 (barring all the charges actually sticking).  Liverpool - new manager, hard to know how that will go. Arsenal - need striker to give top spot a good rattle IMO. Villa - lost Luiz, and will need to strengthen in certain areas to play CL and PL football. Will Chelsea be as much of a shambles again.  Will Utd be as much of a shambles again.  Will spurs continue to be spursy.

RedHand88

Why was this kid united signed for a whopping £50m not at the Euros?

tiempo

Quote from: RedHand88 on July 19, 2024, 02:13:58 PMWhy was this kid united signed for a whopping £50m not at the Euros?

I'm sure he'll surface at the Olympics

Utd taxed yet again

The player is out of contract next summer, surely there were conversations to be had at £20-30-40m and a get te fk at £50m, but they just insist on having their pants pulled down

Ghost

Quote from: RedHand88 on July 19, 2024, 02:13:58 PMWhy was this kid united signed for a whopping £50m not at the Euros?

Fair enough point I suppose. Everton were looking £70m odd for one who got left out by England. Madness the whole thing.

J70

Quote from: lurganblue on July 19, 2024, 01:36:09 PMUtd getting some business done early. I dont know much about Yoro but it looks like Utd have overpaid for a lad with 1 year left on his deal, to fend off the sniffing Madrid. Utd do like to overpay though... time will tell on that one. It does look like the overhaul is underway.

Very hard to predict the league this year isnt it. Obviously City will be in the top 2 (barring all the charges actually sticking).  Liverpool - new manager, hard to know how that will go. Arsenal - need striker to give top spot a good rattle IMO. Villa - lost Luiz, and will need to strengthen in certain areas to play CL and PL football. Will Chelsea be as much of a shambles again.  Will Utd be as much of a shambles again.  Will spurs continue to be spursy.

From an LFC fan perspective, at this point, with no clue what to expect under a new man, I'd be delighted with top 4.