RG at arms length

Started by seafoid, May 15, 2023, 11:40:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeoMc

Quote from: JPO on May 18, 2023, 01:15:40 PM
10 and 12 years old. An outside  coach/ manager brought in to oversee underage teams . Paid for by volunteers raising money. He has all the coaching badges etc and can speak the lingo. Very impressive things  such as : High press ,  mental strength ,  turnovers, percentage pass , shot selection , leadership qualities, game management , shot to score ratio ,  the loop ,  off the shoulder ....blah blah blah.  There's money to be made talking  like this .A lot of money. It's estimated 60 % of  spending  by all clubs is on managers /  coaches. These parasites are contributing to the dire state football is in today.

An outside paid coach for u12's is a bit much. If parents are able to do the necessary fundraising they should be puting the same effort into completing a couple of foundation courses and doing the coaching themselves.

Any coach using that lingo has not worked with an u10 or u12 team before. The boys would be standing looking at you wondering when they can get back to their game.

imtommygunn

Quote from: larryin89 on May 18, 2023, 03:23:27 PM
Social media been blamed is a load of nonsense , so if she said it in the local boozer or bingo hall , it carries more weight .

The sad reality is it seemed to take social media to cast the light on this.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnnycool on May 18, 2023, 03:11:48 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on May 18, 2023, 02:45:27 PM
Facebook psychology 101. The keyboard won't refuse the taps that's for sure.

Sheesh,
    We're now surmising who's a wife beater based on how they behave along the line during a game, spitting on their hands must be a sure sign giveaway then also.

If only it was that simple.

Poor Davy Fitz.... He must be a pure monster lol
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

seafoid

What's the difference between a high press and a hot press ?

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: Itchy on May 17, 2023, 11:14:28 PM
Very surprised with your take on this.

My take is fairly simple. NG has been badly failed by social services and her legal representation* - not the Derry county board.

Some of the expectations on the Derry CB "investigations" of matters in this thread are wholly ludicrous.

*my natural dislike of the legal system is also probably shining through; barristers are quick enough to rake all other professions over the coals in court inquests with the benefit of hindsight and an assumption of infinite resources - so IMO what is good for the goose - how the f**k are family law practitioners not expected to identify the signs of an raise concerns with the investigating authorities in divorce/child custody cases? If there are already such expectations, will there be any action taken against NG's representatives?

**teachers are educators, yet are expected to pick up on and raise child abuse concerns.
i usse an speelchekor

David McKeown

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on May 18, 2023, 05:14:05 PM
Quote from: Itchy on May 17, 2023, 11:14:28 PM
Very surprised with your take on this.

My take is fairly simple. NG has been badly failed by social services and her legal representation* - not the Derry county board.

Some of the expectations on the Derry CB "investigations" of matters in this thread are wholly ludicrous.

*my natural dislike of the legal system is also probably shining through; barristers are quick enough to rake all other professions over the coals in court inquests with the benefit of hindsight and an assumption of infinite resources - so IMO what is good for the goose - how the f**k are family law practitioners not expected to identify the signs of an raise concerns with the investigating authorities in divorce/child custody cases? If there are already such expectations, will there be any action taken against NG's representatives?

**teachers are educators, yet are expected to pick up on and raise child abuse concerns.

Probably should jump in here and defend my colleagues.  Not only is that a vast generalisation it also displays an ignorance of the legal system.  Mistakes can and do happen and on that basis I have been very keen not to make any comment on this case because I wasn't involved.  There are important general things that have to be remembered though.

Firstly and most importantly family courts are private and therefore it is impossible to know what was and what was not raised in any case but if allegations are made of a violent or sexual nature the court must conduct what is called a Re L hearing.  That is a hearing to determine the truth of any allegation.  That is done to the civil standard which is much lower than the criminal standard and involves a detailed and thorough investigation.

Social services will be involved and will investigate.  They are notoriously conservative and will take very seriously any allegations of domestic abuse.  Guardian Ad Litems will be appointed, they are specifically trained to speak to any children involved and to rely the views of those children through separate lawyers appointed by the Guardians.

Grandparents or other family members are also often separately represented.

The court will hear evidence and come to a conclusion.  The test for them is not whether one parent is more suitable than the other its to determine whether either parent is suitable.  These cases are usually protracted and are very thorough.

The point I am making is that we have no idea what happened in this family case and its therefore very unfair to criticise or worse lambast the whole professional
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

smelmoth

Quote from: seafoid on May 18, 2023, 06:14:08 PM
https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/gaa/derry/rory-gallagher-co-fermanagh-gaa-club-removes-retweets-appearing-to-support-ex-derry-boss/1717604286.html

I find the whole "trial by social media" complaints a little odd.

An individual put their name to the original allegation. They referenced incidents to which there are witnesses. A witness has put their name to a statement confirming one of the allegations.

This is not classic trial by social media.

Social media is one of the means by which RG could have refuted the allegations. Which to date he has not done. That is the biggest source of RG's problems. I don't see why I am supposed to have sympathy for RG because the original allegation of DV was on Facebook.

JimStynes

The RG trial by social media maybe isn't as clear cut. And it would appear there is some truth in these allegations. But what's to stop some head case of a woman making some total lies up about an ex and plastering it on social media. He's automatically guilty, even if it is complete lies. Life ruined.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: JimStynes on May 18, 2023, 11:22:45 PM
The RG trial by social media maybe isn't as clear cut. And it would appear there is some truth in these allegations. But what's to stop some head case of a woman making some total lies up about an ex and plastering it on social media. He's automatically guilty, even if it is complete lies. Life ruined.

But as long as her mad mates back her up on social media it's the truth though, well according to smelmoth  :D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

smelmoth

The law

smelmoth

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 18, 2023, 11:24:19 PM

But as long as her mad mates back her up on social media it's the truth though, well according to smelmoth  :D

Oh dear.

2 women have shown real bravery to step forward here. They are an acting in their own name and fully exposed to the law.

This is is a very strange take.

Saffrongael

Quote from: smelmoth on May 19, 2023, 08:08:10 AM
The law

It won't stop someone doing it, and the legal process will be a lot slower than having your reputation destroyed, that will be pretty instant.

Case in point being that head case Egan in Cork. Lives destroyed, all bullshit and made up.

https://www.corkbeo.ie/news/local-news/pathological-liar-sonya-egan-jailed-26936490

Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

High Fielder

It really is best to let it play out as it will. If RG did what is alleged, I doubt there's anyone here who would back him. But until he's charged with an offence, I'm keeping an open mind

Milltown Row2

Quote from: smelmoth on May 19, 2023, 08:11:02 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 18, 2023, 11:24:19 PM

Oh dear.

2 women have shown real bravery to step forward here. They are an acting in their own name and fully exposed to the law.

This is is a very strange take.

I'm talking in general not this case, if you have read my posts you'd know that