Jack McCarron

Started by Rawhide, January 27, 2023, 10:10:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shark

Quote from: Dreadnought on January 30, 2023, 12:25:23 PM
Seems to be a lot here who have no idea what it's like to have ties to more than one club. Fair enough if it's just the one for you, all the power to you, but many of us have one or both parents from somewhere else. You may have grown up going to club games for more than one club, some might go to more than one county. Very rich to assume you know what is in a fellas head about what means home to him when he has likely been between both their whole life.

For McCarron, his family is steeped in Scotstown, through his Dad and Grandfather. He's moving to live in the area by all accounts. This is as cut and dry a case as you'll see and is something we just need to deal with. It's ok for someone to have a tie to another club and move there. Just because you might not understand it, doesn't mean it's wrong.

Yeah I can identify with this. I spent all my playing years with my home club, and never considered transferring, even though I lived in Dublin from 21.
However I have huge grĂ¡ for my father's club, which are in a different province entirely. He brought me to many games as a kid , and they were (and still are) very successful. So a link and bond is created. I think I would have been very proud to have played for them. Any other club in the country , not so much.

Ulster Frank

A nothing story.  Playing for club as father and grandfather played for. Close thread.

seafoid

Were there any Nudie juniors ?
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

rodney trotter

Quote from: Ulster Frank on January 31, 2023, 03:39:20 PM
A nothing story.  Playing for club as father and grandfather played for. Close thread.

When a connection to the Club it should be a more smoother transfer, but McCarrons club Currin have objected to the transfer.

It wouldn't want to drag on like Eamon Fennell switching to St Vincents.

https://www.joe.ie/uncategorized/eamon-fennell-finally-allowed-to-switch-to-st-vincents-14823

redzone

Quote from: rodney trotter on January 31, 2023, 07:45:28 PM

When a connection to the Club it should be a more smoother transfer, but McCarrons club Currin have objected to the transfer.

https://www.joe.ie/uncategorized/eamon-fennell-finally-allowed-to-switch-to-st-vincents-14823
That's a big shock there. Surely he discussed it with Currin before putting in the transfer. It should be noted that Currin are not a pub team as suggested by some clown earlier in the thread. They might be a junior team but were paying Colm Courtney ex Fermanagh player to train them. Didn't make much head way but they trained hard for a small club.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: redzone on January 31, 2023, 09:35:00 PM

That's a big shock there. Surely he discussed it with Currin before putting in the transfer. It should be noted that Currin are not a pub team as suggested by some clown earlier in the thread. They might be a junior team but were paying Colm Courtney ex Fermanagh player to train them. Didn't make much head way but they trained hard for a small club.

I'm sure Colm Courtney ex Fermanagh player is glad of the endorsement   ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Cavan19

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 31, 2023, 09:57:01 PM
Quote from: redzone on January 31, 2023, 09:35:00 PM

I'm sure Colm Courtney ex Fermanagh player is glad of the endorsement   ;D

Most clubs are paying managers these days even pub teams.