No - Typical Nordies causing mischief as usual
21 (13.4%)
Should not have to. GAA HQ should already have called a replay
106 (67.5%)

Total Members Voted: 157

Voting closed: January 26, 2023, 11:37:12 AM

Itchy

Quote from: Main Street on January 31, 2023, 11:09:51 PM
The absolute correct legal decision was made, anyone who doesn't see that has little understanding of rules of the game.  I am content with that CCC decision, I would have been absolutely shocked at their ineptitude had they decided otherwise.  All 'scenario' counter arguments are nonsensical.

Personally I didn't understand the purpose of Glenn's objection,  I doubt if they really thought it through and  I doubt if there were full consultations with the manager and players before making the objection.
There is one possible outcome, the final will not be replayed, the final proper declared null and void, Crokes are stripped of their victory.

Sweet f**king jaysus I agree with the mushroom man

David McKeown

Quote from: Main Street on January 31, 2023, 11:09:51 PM
The absolute correct legal decision was made, anyone who doesn't see that has little understanding of rules of the game.  I am content with that CCC decision, I would have been absolutely shocked at their ineptitude had they decided otherwise.  All 'scenario' counter arguments are nonsensical.

Personally I didn't understand the purpose of Glenn's objection,  I doubt if they really thought it through and  I doubt if there were full consultations with the manager and players before making the objection.
There is one possible outcome, the final will not be replayed, the final proper declared null and void, Crokes are stripped of their victory.

In terms of had there been a rule break the correct decision was made. Was the correct sanction imposed I'm not so sure of. When given a range of sanctions you have to start off by looking at the harm caused and the culpability of the offender. With this type of infraction I'm not convinced we can ever know the harm and I think trying to parse it is a slippery slope so instead we have to consider culpability. If either KC or the players involved knew they had too many players on the pitch then I'm fine with a replay if anything I'd be happier with forfeiture than a fine.

If however either it was clear that neither KC nor the players involved knew or that there was no evidence at all as to their knowledge then I question the punishment from a legal point of view. Perhaps not from a moral one.

The questions I now have is how did the CCC arrive at this sanction.  What kind of breach is needed for a fine. What kind for expulsion. I think without knowing the explanations it's hard to comprehensively conclude the correct legal decision was a replay. It very well could be but I don't think we can stage that categorically.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

lenny

Donegal scored a point against Kerry on Sunday where the ball was clearly wide. The rules clearly state that the ref and officials should only award a point when the ball has crossed the bar between the posts. This was a clear breach of the rules and therefore we should probably see a replay now. Donegal shouldn't forfeit the game as it wasn't their fault but neither was it Kerrys so a replay is the fairest outcome. Rules are rules.

Armagh18

Quote from: lenny on February 01, 2023, 07:06:13 AM
Donegal scored a point against Kerry on Sunday where the ball was clearly wide. The rules clearly state that the ref and officials should only award a point when the ball has crossed the bar between the posts. This was a clear breach of the rules and therefore we should probably see a replay now. Donegal shouldn't forfeit the game as it wasn't their fault but neither was it Kerrys so a replay is the fairest outcome. Rules are rules.
Yeah thats how it works!

David McKeown

Except the rules also state that challenges can not be made after the match to the awarding of a score.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Cavan19

Quote from: David McKeown on February 01, 2023, 08:04:40 AM

Except the rules also state that challenges can not be made after the match to the awarding of a score.

They can't really be mad during a game either.

Franko

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 31, 2023, 09:09:54 PM
Quote from: Franko on January 31, 2023, 09:07:15 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 31, 2023, 09:05:40 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on January 31, 2023, 08:56:34 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 31, 2023, 06:46:35 PM
If Glen win it through KC refusing to play the replay will it have a big Asterisk or a small one beside it? Would they celebrate it?
What do you think.

Personally I don't care, we've won it already on the pitch ;)

Lol - you asked the question

;D ;D ;D

I'm gauging opinion... plenty of interviewers ask questions but don't need to give answers. I personally don't care as I'm neither from Glen or KC

Riiiiiight

RedHand88

If Glen win it through KC refusing to play the replay will it have a big Asterisk or a small one beside it? Would they celebrate it?

KC celebrated winning with extra players on the pitch. So why not?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: RedHand88 on February 01, 2023, 08:54:19 AM

KC celebrated winning with extra players on the pitch. So why not?

Hopefully Croke bring them down to receive the cup in the Hogan Stand, be the least they can do
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

blanketattack

A big one.

"Kilmacud Crokes, Dublin" is already engraved on the trophy so they're going to need a huge asterisk to cover that up.

Walter Cronc

We're hardly gone accept it if KC got stripped ffs  ;D

seafoid

How many GAA finals have an asterisk beside them? I know Mayo people are sore about the 1925 all Ireland. They were the 1925 Connacht champions but Galway were the 1925 all Ireland champions...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1925_All-Ireland_Senior_Football_Championship_Final

There was no All-Ireland Senior Football Championship Final in 1925. The 1925 All-Ireland Senior Football Championship ended in chaos, with first Mayo, and then Galway being proclaimed champions after Kerry and Cavan were disqualified. Instead, a new inter-provincial tournament was organised by the GAA Central Council, of which the final was played between Galway and Cavan on 10 January 1926.

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

seafoid

Quote from: Walter Cronc on February 01, 2023, 09:34:22 AM
We're hardly gone accept it if KC got stripped ffs  ;D
KC would only get stripped of the title if they refused a replay.
A forfeit would not be fair to Wattys. A replay is the only way to save the match I think
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

yellowcard

Quote from: David McKeown on February 01, 2023, 08:04:40 AM

It reminds me of the old adage of not to expect justice when you go to the courts, all you will ever get is the law. The same could apply to how justice has been administered in this instance given the countless previous incidents of injustice. 

Rossfan

I hear theat members of the CCCC aren't happy with the lack of leadership from the top on this issue.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM