Should not have to. GAA HQ should already have called a replay
106 (67.5%)

Total Members Voted: 157

Voting closed: January 26, 2023, 11:37:12 AM

RedHand88

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 31, 2023, 11:47:03 AM
Quote from: seafoid on January 31, 2023, 11:37:07 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 31, 2023, 11:34:18 AM
Crazy, Glen have a right to appeal and no one can take that off them. But personally, I wouldn't want to replay the whole game for 25 seconds of a mistake, that in all probability wouldn't have costed the match. If KC refuse to play and Glen have a walk over that will be the biggest a balls up to the season ever
How long does it take to score a goal and what is the probability of a goal in extra time ?
Probability without data is nonsense.

They scored 1 goal in 64 minutes, how many goals were they going to score in 25 seconds? Christ

Lol what a strange logic.

PadraicHenryPearse

Armamike

Sure when does a last gasp goal ever happen in an All Ireland club final?
That's just, like your opinion man.

trailer

Quote from: RedHand88 on January 31, 2023, 11:41:08 AM
Quote from: trailer on January 31, 2023, 11:38:51 AM
No chance KC play. It's last minute desperation stuff from Glenn. They really ought to take the moral ground and also refuse to play.

In that case it'll be stripped off them.

Also, the GAA agreed with their "last minute desperation stuff" as do the rules.

They are the champions. Stripping it off them changes nothing.
The GAA has to change the process around substitutions.
Time everyone moved on.

SHEEDY

Hope Kilmacud stick to their guns.
nil satis nisi optimum

yellowcard

Do both clubs order their teams back into full training now? Really terribly unfair on players as they are left in limbo.

An Fhairche Abu

I think the longer it's gone on now that Kilmacud will just hand the cup back other than go for a replay, congrats to Glenn on winning the club championship, they are not the first team to win an AI in the boardroom to be fair.

jmcgdoire

Quote from: yellowcard on January 31, 2023, 12:07:50 PM
Do both clubs order their teams back into full training now? Really terribly unfair on players as they are left in limbo.
Unfair on KC players I think. Hence why they may not play it. Glen have asked for this.

johnnycool

Quote from: johnnycool on January 30, 2023, 09:28:40 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 29, 2023, 08:46:07 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on January 29, 2023, 08:33:58 PM
Quote from: Hoof Hearted on January 29, 2023, 08:18:57 PM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on January 29, 2023, 07:10:13 PM
Result will not stand, simply because in the rulebook for the infringement the penalty is conceding the game, fine, replay. One too much, the other too light a punishment. Doesn't matter who's fault it is, that what it states.

This is my first comment on this
As stated above the penalty is conceding the game, fine OR a replay
On what grounds do they decide which penalty to issue ?
I mean 3 penalties for 1 infringement
You either break the rule or you don't
I suppose it depends on the level of the offence. Maybe if Mullin had actually caught the ball or made a block on the line a forfeit would have been in order, or if it could (not sure how though) be proven that KC intentionally played with an extra man. In this case a replay is probably fair. Maybe in Mannions case a fine would be a applicable for him being away from the action but still on the field.

Are we fining all clubs that have lads standing over the line now? Wow

At IC level counties are fined all the time for "pitch encroachments" or they used to be.
Heck, teams were fined if players didn't have their socks pulled up in the parade.

Evidently everyone here is still unsure who's ultimately responsible for ensuring a team has only the 15 players on the field..

I'd be surprised by the way CP interprets the rules that it isn't the team themselves rather than the match officials

Kilmacud Crokes argued that it wasn't their responsibility to ensure that there were the correct numbers on the field and it was the job of the match officials but Croke Park evidently have ruled that it was their responsibility when deciding to go for the replay.

That's what it all boils down to, so beware you managers out there..

WT4E

Quote from: yellowcard on January 31, 2023, 12:07:50 PM

Easy on - its not the Ukraine-Russia War!

Truth hurts

Rory Gallagher will be delighted

seafoid

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 31, 2023, 12:00:11 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on January 31, 2023, 11:53:29 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 31, 2023, 11:34:18 AM
Crazy, Glen have a right to appeal and no one can take that off them. But personally, I wouldn't want to replay the whole game for 25 seconds of a mistake, that in all probability wouldn't have costed the match. If KC refuse to play and Glen have a walk over that will be the biggest a balls up to the season ever

Really?

Yeah really, the odds are massively stacked against a team looking a last minute goal. My own team gave one up few years ago, heartbreaking as it is it just doesn't happen that often, in all my days playing and ref'ing its rare, we all have memories where it has happened but its not as common.

But look Glen are right to appeal, its in the rules that extra players on the pitch that shouldn't have been there has the option of fine forfeit and replay, personally I wouldn't go looking a replay, old school and all that.

At no point do I think KC cheated in this, this was a mistake by the officials for not ensuring both players left the field like they normally do, no one was instructed to stay on the pitch.
Even if there was no last minute effect, the probability of a last minute goal would not be zero. Last minute goals are tail risk. Here is an example from another sport https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5VZc28Lis4&t=180s

The key point imo is that the match was not decided because of the tail risk. Even if it was for 30 seconds. And Glen couldn't be expected to take their beating if they hadn't been beaten. That's why there has to be a replay. 

Cheating would have to be investigated. I have no idea whether KC cheated or not.  Nobody does.

tonto1888

Was there no onus on KC to ensure their player came off? Surely they knew he didn't come off therefore knew they had 16 players on the field

seafoid

Quote from: johnnycool on January 31, 2023, 12:10:04 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on January 30, 2023, 09:28:40 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 29, 2023, 08:46:07 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on January 29, 2023, 08:33:58 PM
Quote from: Hoof Hearted on January 29, 2023, 08:18:57 PM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on January 29, 2023, 07:10:13 PM
Result will not stand, simply because in the rulebook for the infringement the penalty is conceding the game, fine, replay. One too much, the other too light a punishment. Doesn't matter who's fault it is, that what it states.

This is my first comment on this
As stated above the penalty is conceding the game, fine OR a replay
On what grounds do they decide which penalty to issue ?
I mean 3 penalties for 1 infringement
You either break the rule or you don't
I suppose it depends on the level of the offence. Maybe if Mullin had actually caught the ball or made a block on the line a forfeit would have been in order, or if it could (not sure how though) be proven that KC intentionally played with an extra man. In this case a replay is probably fair. Maybe in Mannions case a fine would be a applicable for him being away from the action but still on the field.

Are we fining all clubs that have lads standing over the line now? Wow

At IC level counties are fined all the time for "pitch encroachments" or they used to be.
Heck, teams were fined if players didn't have their socks pulled up in the parade.

Evidently everyone here is still unsure who's ultimately responsible for ensuring a team has only the 15 players on the field..

I'd be surprised by the way CP interprets the rules that it isn't the team themselves rather than the match officials

Kilmacud Crokes argued that it wasn't their responsibility to ensure that there were the correct numbers on the field and it was the job of the match officials but Croke Park evidently have ruled that it was their responsibility when deciding to go for the replay.

That's what it all boils down to, so beware you managers out there..
Laureleye said last week that his club played a big match in 2018 and that there was a row and 1 player from each team were given yellow cards and their player was already on one but not sent off by the ref. So they took him off.
Clubs are responsible for observing the rules.

It sounds like this is just something that went out of control.

trueblue1234

Replay right course of action once appeal was in. I can't see KC giving up an AI when it's still there for the winning. Unfair on the Glen players to do that. They can argue the toss all they like but the reality is the GAA have ruled that there was fault there and it's not even one they can disagree with. It's there for all to see so I think throwing the head up now is poor. The only fair way out is to give both teams the opportunity to win it fairly.
This may sound harsh on KC given the short time involved but it was also harsh on Glen to go into the dying play of the game against an extra player when they needed a score. If it's not a reply neither club is going to be happy with how it was won.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit