Total Members Voted: 157

Voting closed: January 26, 2023, 11:37:12 AM

David McKeown

Quote from: meatsy86 on January 31, 2023, 11:27:19 AM
DRA then Court Arbitration for Sport?

To go to the DRA you have to agree to be bound by the decision of the DRA
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Milltown Row2

Crazy, Glen have a right to appeal and no one can take that off them. But personally, I wouldn't want to replay the whole game for 25 seconds of a mistake, that in all probability wouldn't have costed the match. If KC refuse to play and Glen have a walk over that will be the biggest a balls up to the season ever
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

seafoid

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

seafoid

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 31, 2023, 11:34:18 AM
Crazy, Glen have a right to appeal and no one can take that off them. But personally, I wouldn't want to replay the whole game for 25 seconds of a mistake, that in all probability wouldn't have costed the match. If KC refuse to play and Glen have a walk over that will be the biggest a balls up to the season ever
How long does it take to score a goal and what is the probability of a goal in extra time ?
Probability without data is nonsense.

trailer

No chance KC play. It's last minute desperation stuff from Glenn. They really ought to take the moral ground and also refuse to play.

RedHand88

Quote from: trailer on January 31, 2023, 11:38:51 AM
No chance KC play. It's last minute desperation stuff from Glenn. They really ought to take the moral ground and also refuse to play.

In that case it'll be stripped off them.

Also, the GAA agreed with their "last minute desperation stuff" as do the rules.

jmcgdoire

Surely if the game is to go ahead there isnt any real justification for playing it in an empty Croke Park?

Armagh18

Quote from: RedHand88 on January 31, 2023, 11:41:08 AM
Quote from: trailer on January 31, 2023, 11:38:51 AM

In that case it'll be stripped off them.

Also, the GAA agreed with their "last minute desperation stuff" as do the rules.
They'll know that and doubt they'll care. They've lifted the trophy and celebrated the win already

Milltown Row2

Quote from: seafoid on January 31, 2023, 11:37:07 AM
How long does it take to score a goal and what is the probability of a goal in extra time ?
Probability without data is nonsense.

They scored 1 goal in 64 minutes, how many goals were they going to score in 25 seconds? Christ
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

seafoid

KC have a tough decision to make. The court of public opinion will support a replay. If they throw their toys out of the pram now they 'll be remembered as the team that lost one final and cheated to win another one. The only rational option is to hammer the shite out of Wattys in the replay.

Armamike

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 31, 2023, 11:11:28 AM
Did not expect that.

You and Trailer both  :)

It's a very unsatisfactory outcome for everybody - no winners here no matter how it ends up.  But when one team has 16 players on the pitch no matter what, it's wrong pure and simple. Everything else is a smokescreen.
That's just, like your opinion man.

JoG2

Really?

jmcgdoire

Quote from: seafoid on January 31, 2023, 11:47:45 AM
KC have a tough decision to make. The court of public opinion will support a replay. If they throw their toys out of the pram now they 'll be remembered as the team that lost one final and cheated to win another one. The only rational option is to hammer the shite out of Wattys in the replay.
Having spoken to a few men from Glen club it sounds as if the players wouldnt be too enthused about a replay. Whether you here the players say that outloud or not. I imagine KC will wait for Glen to withdraw. Although if Kilmacud come out and agree to it you can believe the Maghera men will turn up and bring it to them.

yellowcard

Did not expect that. It will get very messy now I'd say. Two big questions remain.

Will Kilmacud play it? Will Glen want to play it?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: JoG2 on January 31, 2023, 11:53:29 AM

Really?

Yeah really, the odds are massively stacked against a team looking a last minute goal. My own team gave one up few years ago, heartbreaking as it is it just doesn't happen that often, in all my days playing and ref'ing its rare, we all have memories where it has happened but its not as common.

But look Glen are right to appeal, its in the rules that extra players on the pitch that shouldn't have been there has the option of fine forfeit and replay, personally I wouldn't go looking a replay, old school and all that.

At no point do I think KC cheated in this, this was a mistake by the officials for not ensuring both players left the field like they normally do, no one was instructed to stay on the pitch.