No - Typical Nordies causing mischief as usual
21 (13.4%)
Should not have to. GAA HQ should already have called a replay
106 (67.5%)

Total Members Voted: 157

Voting closed: January 26, 2023, 11:37:12 AM

seafoid

Quote from: J70 on January 24, 2023, 11:56:07 AM
As Seafoid says, it should not be their decision. If rules were broken, then there should be a specified penalty. Glen's wishes should be irrelevant.

Once again the GAA is a f**king joke when it comes to rules and discipline.

There are no rules or regulations. Just vague guidelines and recommendations and fuzzy maths which clubs and counties laugh at when yet again gettting themselves off the hook.

It's worse than that. They aren't even in control of their own rule book.
That's sports administration 101. That's low babies.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

RedHand88

Look-Up!

Absolutely. Officials were alerted to the error and instead of doing the correct thing and sorting it out there and then they just put their hands in their pockets and kicked the ground. F**k em, I wouldn't be letting them off the hook that handy.

Look-Up!

Quote from: whitey on January 24, 2023, 12:08:00 PM
If it were up to me I'd consider three things

(1) Was it intentional-ie pulled a fast one hoping no one would notice

(2) Did it make a material difference in the final sequence of play

(3) Did the officials have the ability at the time to intervene but didn't

If the answer to any or all questions  is yes-I would be asking for a replay
1. Impossible to answer but irrelevant, that's why rules are the rules.
2. Indirectly, absolutely but again irrelevant. Rules are the rules and 45 had to be retaken.
3. Yes

seafoid

Quote from: square_ball on January 24, 2023, 12:28:21 PM
Quote from: smort on January 24, 2023, 12:23:25 PM
They absolutely have to object, whether they play the replay or not is another question and I can see both sides of that argument

I'd say they have to object as well for the simple fact it will force the GAA into making a call on it. As you say who knows if they will accept a replay especially going by MOR comments after the game. I'd imagine his opinion on it will have a major bearing on what they do IF a replay was offered.
The thing to say straight after the match was that it was up to the GAA to decide. He wasn't in a position to say anything insightful given the situation.
After all that has happened in the meantime he couldn't they were beaten fair and square.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Look-Up! on January 24, 2023, 12:40:50 PM

2. Indirectly, absolutely but again irrelevant. Rules are the rules and 45 had to be retaken.
3. Yes

The commotion at the end probably worked at like this...

4th official "Ref I've two subs to come on the next break in play" Ref "grand get them off and and on quickly as time is up" 4th official " ones not fully off the pitch yet" ref looks across and see's Manion at the sideline and says "aye I see him there at the side, it's on the blow" 4th Official "think there is another one still to come off" Ref "I'm blowing up anyways, all good"

The ref to be fair would not have noticed that 16 men were actually still involved in the game for that final play, the 4th official probably thought the player went off behind the goals as the sub ran on.

Was the rules broken? Yes, was it on purpose 95% sure it wasn't.  Are Glen wrong to appeal? No. And the main question did it actually change the result, did it have any bearing on the game? No

Fine clubs, and move on
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Dreadnought

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 24, 2023, 12:50:53 PM

3. Yes

4th official "Ref I've two subs to come on the next break in play" Ref "grand get them off and and on quickly as time is up" 4th official " ones not fully off the pitch yet" ref looks across and see's Manion at the sideline and says "aye I see him there at the side, it's on the blow" 4th Official "think there is another one still to come off" Ref "I'm blowing up anyways, all good"

The ref to be fair would not have noticed that 16 men were actually still involved in the game for that final play, the 4th official probably thought the player went off behind the goals as the sub ran on.

Was the rules broken? Yes, was it on purpose 95% sure it wasn't.  Are Glen wrong to appeal? No. And the main question did it actually change the result, did it have any bearing on the game? No

Fine clubs, and move on

How can you say that when the extra man was on the line and that affects the whole defensive structure of the team outward from there? Does a player on the 20 drop back to cover that goal line position if the 16th man isn't there, freeing up a route to goal? You can't say yes, you can't say no. It's why we can't know exactly what would have happened without him, and why a replay must be ordered. Otherwise what's to stop this happening again and accepting the fine?

seafoid

While waiting for Wattys to decide, how many Derry clubs can you name in 30 seconds?

https://mobile.twitter.com/juniorbthings/status/1616159454067572760/

Milltown Row2

A player would always have been in that position had no.14 not been, it's the basics of managing your line.

Of course that means one less person of the 15 not on the 14 yard line not a clear route on goal, that's clutching especially considering the actual clear routes they had to goal but missed, but had he got a shot off on target then yes there is proper interference.

My view is Glen should put the ball back into Croke Parks court and see what happens

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Armagh18

3. Yes

Fine clubs, and move on
Bullshit. When does that ever happen?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Armagh18 on January 24, 2023, 01:03:22 PM

3. Yes

Fine clubs, and move on
Bullshit. When does that ever happen?

Happens loads of times boys injured off side of pitch getting seen too, have seen loads of players walk behind the net in games, you might not see as many as I do but that's regular enough

Dreadnought

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 24, 2023, 01:03:00 PM
A player would always have been in that position had no.14 not been, it's the basics of managing your line.

Of course that means one less person of the 15 not on the 14 yard line not a clear route on goal, that's clutching especially considering the actual clear routes they had to goal but missed, but had he got a shot off on target then yes there is proper interference.

My view is Glen should put the ball back into Croke Parks court and see what happens

It's not clutching. The fact is you can't know, and one less player out the field would have made some difference. How much? Who knows. But that's the point. It absolutely had some effect on the field, and that's why a replay is needed.

tbrick18

In the immediate aftermath of the game I'd have said no.
Listening to commentary since and having seen what the actual rules state, then absolutely yes.

Rules are rules.
There shouldn't even be a scenario where the rules only apply in certain subjective circumstances.

Follow the rules to the letter, I'd apply the same logic to disciplinary matters.

The main issue here, as I see it, is that the Gaa have been made aware of a breach of their own rules and are deciding not to bother unless the aggrieved party decide to ask them to.
That's ridiculous.

Replay should be offered.
Glen to win it.

tbrick18

Quote from: Dreadnought on January 24, 2023, 01:08:11 PM

It's not clutching. The fact is you can't know, and one less player out the field would have made some difference. How much? Who knows. But that's the point. It absolutely had some effect on the field, and that's why a replay is needed.

It doesn't actually matter.
Rule was broken which is the only fact that matters.
The should have would have commentary is impossible to prove or disprove.
The rule was broke, for what ever reason, apply the sanction as dictated by the rule book.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Dreadnought on January 24, 2023, 01:08:11 PM

There are 3 outcome, KC lose the final Glen win, Replay ordered or a fine, the replay isn't just the only option