No - Typical Nordies causing mischief as usual
21 (13.4%)
Should not have to. GAA HQ should already have called a replay
106 (67.5%)

Total Members Voted: 157

Voting closed: January 26, 2023, 11:37:12 AM

johnnycool

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 24, 2023, 02:31:55 PM
Yeah I agree. KC get a lot of flak because of Walsh but the two things should not be confused. It's not really their fault this either. Yes they were f**king round with subs to kill time but who doesn't do that at that critical stage of games.

It's the fault of the KC player who was substituted and ended still standing on the goaline...

Begs the question as to whose responsibility it is to tell the player to leave the field, the match officials or the team management?

WT4E

This is a poorly posed poll.

Yes or no

imtommygunn

Quote from: johnnycool on January 24, 2023, 02:34:22 PM
Yeah I agree. KC get a lot of flak because of Walsh but the two things should not be confused. It's not really their fault this either. Yes they were f**king round with subs to kill time but who doesn't do that at that critical stage of games.

It's the fault of the KC player who was substituted and ended still standing on the goaline...

Begs the question as to whose responsibility it is to tell the player to leave the field, the match officials or the team management?

It's only his fault if he knew he was subbed.

johnnycool

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 24, 2023, 02:42:48 PM

Hence my second point.

Eire90

how often i wonder where this happens in non televised games.

Look-Up!

I thought at the time of the subs there looked to be real confusion. Think the camera was on Mannion and he was zoned on defending. Looked a bit shocked when he realised he was coming off. Don't know about the other lad. Officials have a lot to answer for on what followed but as for the incident itself, the onus is on the team itself to carry out the subs correctly. If not, then after that the referee should take action.

Dreadnought

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 24, 2023, 01:15:24 PM
Quote from: Dreadnought on January 24, 2023, 01:08:11 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 24, 2023, 01:03:00 PM
A player would always have been in that position had no.14 not been, it's the basics of managing your line.

Of course that means one less person of the 15 not on the 14 yard line not a clear route on goal, that's clutching especially considering the actual clear routes they had to goal but missed, but had he got a shot off on target then yes there is proper interference.

My view is Glen should put the ball back into Croke Parks court and see what happens

It's not clutching. The fact is you can't know, and one less player out the field would have made some difference. How much? Who knows. But that's the point. It absolutely had some effect on the field, and that's why a replay is needed.

There are 3 outcome, KC lose the final Glen win, Replay ordered or a fine, the replay isn't just the only option

I get that, hence why everyone is going for the moderate option, the replay, which has been used in the few examples before. Fine is too lenient (especially a club of that size who could absorb a fine easily - will big clubs do this and small clubs not be able to in future?), awarding to Glen is too harsh. Replay is the goldilocks zone here, and is really the only option at this stage.

seafoid

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 24, 2023, 02:42:48 PM

When did it change? I thought substitutes ran onto the pitch and told the player substituted that they were being substituted .
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

imtommygunn

seafoid

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 24, 2023, 03:17:36 PM
Not exactly a reliable method.
It has worked for some time. Or do the GAA need to add rules about substitutions to the rule book?
I would love to hear from KC. Did they realise there was a problem? Was it an initiative from Mullin ?
Was it tactical?

Armagh18

Quote from: seafoid on January 24, 2023, 03:21:49 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on January 24, 2023, 03:17:36 PM
Not exactly a reliable method.
It has worked for some time. Or do the GAA need to add rules about substitutions to the rule book?
I would love to hear from KC. Did they realise there was a problem? Was it an initiative from Mullin ?
Was it tactical?
Hardly gonna come out and say it was a tactic  are they? They'll just day in the confusion/heat if the moment he didnt realise he was off.

Look-Up!

End of the day if I were Glen, I'd be serving the ball back to the GAA with no qualms and let them make the decision. Fine or replay. Forfeiture would be out of the question you'd feel.

Armagh18

Quote from: Look-Up! on January 24, 2023, 03:39:26 PM
End of the day if I were Glen, I'd be serving the ball back to the GAA with no qualms and let them make the decision. Fine or replay. Forfeiture would be out of the question you'd feel.
Glen wouldn't want a forfeiture.

seafoid

The current mess doesn't suit them either

Look-Up!

Quote from: Armagh18 on January 24, 2023, 03:41:26 PM
Quote from: Look-Up! on January 24, 2023, 03:39:26 PM
Glen wouldn't want a forfeiture.
I don't think anybody would, can't be on table anyway unless KC admit it was deliberate. If Glen do put in complaint I wonder how likely is the fine option.