NFL Division 1 2024

Started by Blowitupref, January 16, 2023, 08:23:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blowitupref

Quote from: From the Bunker on February 25, 2023, 10:34:21 PM
Quote from: Itchy on February 25, 2023, 10:28:20 PM
Just popped in to remind everyone it's February.

On Wednesday next it's March!

And the championship starts in 6 weeks. 
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

RedHand88

Which means one month to the championship  :-\

Itchy

That's true, but it's still February today. The Mayos are at fever pitch but it'll all end in tears.

Halfquarter

Quote from: Itchy on February 25, 2023, 11:25:27 PM

That's true, but it's still February today. The Mayos are at fever pitch but it'll all end in tears.

Ah now, I thought Meath were leading the pack this year !

Rossfan

Stick to Division 3!!
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

tonto1888

Quote from: OrchardOrange on February 25, 2023, 10:22:10 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on February 25, 2023, 09:14:35 PM
Quote from: OrchardOrange on February 25, 2023, 09:10:52 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on February 25, 2023, 08:58:42 PM
Quote from: 5times5times on February 25, 2023, 08:48:07 PM
Time for mcgeeney to pass on the reigns? Tactically inept and just can't win close games.

Armagh have the talent, just wrong man at helm.
Any thoughts on your own Tyrone taking a trimming tonight? Could be McGeeney's Armagh that officially send Tyrone down to Division 2.

I've little doubt we will beat a hopeless Tyrone side but we won't beat Kerry or Dublin unless we make changes. Current management set is just not up to the task
That suggests to me you know nothing about Armagh cllub football tbh, a fake Armagh profile probably. Armagh club football is shite, to be where we are in County football is impressive imo.

We are not gonna progress further under these tactics and mgt set up. Change needed to  get to the next level. Just like in 2001.

Who would take over

bennydorano

Quote from: tonto1888 on February 26, 2023, 08:05:38 AM
Time for mcgeeney to pass on the reigns? Tactically inept and just can't win close games.

Any thoughts on your own Tyrone taking a trimming tonight? Could be McGeeney's Armagh that officially send Tyrone down to Division 2.

I've little doubt we will beat a hopeless Tyrone side but we won't beat Kerry or Dublin unless we make changes. Current management set is just not up to the task
That suggests to me you know nothing about Armagh cllub football tbh, a fake Armagh profile probably. Armagh club football is shite, to be where we are in County football is impressive imo.

We are not gonna progress further under these tactics and mgt set up. Change needed to  get to the next level. Just like in 2001.

Who would take over
It never seems to occur to some people that maybe we're just not as good as some teams and never will be no matter who's in charge.

seafoid

Quote from: general_lee on February 25, 2023, 10:00:40 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on February 25, 2023, 08:47:59 PM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on February 25, 2023, 08:19:41 PM
That booing crap detestable in  Gaelic fball, Mayo still miss easy enough scores. Tyrone have gone bck at the rate of knots, In hindsight how did they ever win a All-Ireland. Still if they get a goal here, they still have half a chance. That lad Carney some player.

By beating Donegal, Monaghan, Ulster champions Cavan, Kerry and Mayo.

They were the best team in Ireland in 2021.

Alot of ones have left since then, it's not the same team.
Covid champions. An anomaly.
Another one clocked up. Tyrone scored 2-8 off Mayo turnovers in the 2021 final. That is more important than yesterday. And if Tyrone get their shit together again they'll win another final.
20 years ago Armagh had one all Ireland , Galway had 9, Down had 5 and Tyrone had none. Now Tyrone have 4 and the rest are unchanged.

It doesn't matter how you win them and it doesn't matter what happens in between. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLcKmOwRk_c&t=492s

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/north-s-first-minister-hails-victorious-tyrone-at-homecoming-1.4671904
"The question I would say is: why do you have to wait a year or two," explained Dooher before the team departed Croke Park on Saturday evening.
"You only get one chance and you make the most of it whenever you can. Let's face it, we had the rub of the green at times and we needed it. Particularly the semi-final, when we used up a right bit of luck. And today, too, we used up a right bit of it. But the way we look at it is: don't wait until tomorrow. You know, do what you can today. And don't put off anything that you can do today. And them boys did that. You never know. You might never be back again in an All-Ireland final. And you have to grasp that opportunity."

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

seafoid

Aaron Boone

seafoid

Quote from: Aaron Boone on February 26, 2023, 09:50:42 AM
Quote from: seafoid on February 26, 2023, 09:25:07 AM
Quote from: Blowitupref on February 25, 2023, 10:51:46 PM

And the championship starts in 6 weeks.
It's insane.

County finals will still be in October.
They could still have a month of overlap.
I don't think they thought through everything, especially more games in less time.

Rossfan

Meanwhile back to 26th February and Division 1....
We have a tough task on hand against a Monaghan team with their dander up following last week's victory.
Certainly a step up in intensity from the previous 3 games.
Also I don't think we ever won a match in Clones (in my memory anyway).
Hopeful but certainly not confident against the great survivors.
Donegal seem at a low ebb these days and defeat today would leave them favourites for relegation.
Tyrone have a look of D2 about them these days. Dooher/Logan certainly looked pretty sickly after the final whistle last night.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

tonto1888

Quote from: bennydorano on February 26, 2023, 08:54:38 AM

Who would take over
It never seems to occur to some people that maybe we're just not as good as some teams and never will be no matter who's in charge.

I agree. I like McGeeney. Progress has been slow but it's there. I do understand where some fans are coming from tho. Th e only thing is they never offer an alternative. Just say McGeeney out

seafoid

Quote from: tonto1888 on February 26, 2023, 11:13:30 AM
Quote from: bennydorano on February 26, 2023, 08:54:38 AM

Who would take over

I agree. I like McGeeney. Progress has been slow but it's there. I do understand where some fans are coming from tho. Th e only thing is they never offer an alternative. Just say McGeeney out
Not in the middle of the league. Armagh were part of the national conversation for the first time in a very long time last year. Surely that means something.

Captain Obvious

A game of pass the parcel in Letterkenny so far.