NFL Division 1 2024

Started by Blowitupref, January 16, 2023, 08:23:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

straightred

The incident that sticks in my mind abut the ref is the mayo #4 getting schooled on the nearside sideline. He then dragged the forward down by the jersey. As cynical as you like. No card. Sure enough near the end the #4 got his yellow when it really should have been a red

yellowcard

Quote from: tonto1888 on February 05, 2023, 05:24:42 PM
Are people actually complaining about Armagh getting a soft free? Clearly didn't watch the full game

It's mostly Tyrone fans so that's to be expected.

From the Bunker

Ref highly influenced by home crowd and was free happy for Armagh coming into the home front. Same as Referee for Mayo in McHale park last week v Galway. That what comes with an away fixture. You are either able to adapt to this situation or you flounder. Complaining will do you no good!

Captain Obvious

Battling display by Armagh to grab a point when it looked lost at 0-17 to 0-12 with 67 minutes played. Both have a lot of improving to do to reach championship expectations..

J70

Quote from: omagh_gael on February 05, 2023, 04:44:42 PM
Great win for us in Omagj today, easily our best performance since Kerry last year at the end of the league. In saying that, Donegal were absolutely atrocious, how the feck they beat Kerry last week is anyone's guess.

Particularly pleased with our togerish defence and movement getting the ball forward, much more use of the wings and some great ball into the forwards. Still lots to work on too as we'd a few very good chances to work goals that we didn't exploit.

Galway getting turned over by the Rossies puts a slightly different slant on our result down there last week, clearly a team in good form.

In general a much more positive outlook for Tyrone heading into our next.game.

They played much better last week in a home game against the AI champions?

They have some inexperienced players in the line up due to injuries and retirements and players taking a break?

It's the early rounds of the league?

Tyrone had more at stake?

tonto1888

Armaghs first point looked over to me. Anyone who was watching on tele able to confirm of the umpires made the right call?

seafoid

Quote from: Orior on February 05, 2023, 05:16:23 PM
A pleasing draw for Armagh after I thought we were going to get tanked.
O ye of little faith
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

bennydorano

Armagh have played 20 minutes football over 2 games and have 3 points on the board so that is a positive, McCabe is available after suspension for the next game and hopefully some injuries will clear up soon. Ross McQuillan surely deserves a start? What does Hall offer - I just can't understand how he continually gets a starting spot.

17-17 sounds like a great game but I thought it was Shite bar the last 10 minutes tbh (& freezing). Made no use of a significant breeze in the 1st half at all, very little direct ball played in - the wind totally died away in the 2nd half too so Mayo didn't have that advantage. I dunno who I would have given MOTM to, probably Ethan Rafferty, he made a few mistakes but he's got a big set of balls and never shys away from it. Turbitt is a top quality player, looks like a bit of a lazy sod sometimes but there's gold in them boots.

Edit - the ref was terrible, blew every tiny bit of contact, just awful.

Halfquarter

Quote from: tonto1888 on February 05, 2023, 05:49:09 PM
Armaghs first point looked over to me. Anyone who was watching on tele able to confirm of the umpires made the right call?

Armagh's first point was over , that's why they gave it 😀

omagh_gael

Quote from: J70 on February 05, 2023, 05:43:50 PM
Quote from: omagh_gael on February 05, 2023, 04:44:42 PM
Great win for us in Omagj today, easily our best performance since Kerry last year at the end of the league. In saying that, Donegal were absolutely atrocious, how the feck they beat Kerry last week is anyone's guess.

Particularly pleased with our togerish defence and movement getting the ball forward, much more use of the wings and some great ball into the forwards. Still lots to work on too as we'd a few very good chances to work goals that we didn't exploit.

Galway getting turned over by the Rossies puts a slightly different slant on our result down there last week, clearly a team in good form.

In general a much more positive outlook for Tyrone heading into our next.game.

They played much better last week in a home game against the AI champions?

They have some inexperienced players in the line up due to injuries and retirements and players taking a break?

It's the early rounds of the league?

Tyrone had more at stake?

Some of your passing/distribution today (especially in 2nd half) must have drove you mad...very poor

tonto1888

Quote from: Halfquarter on February 05, 2023, 06:23:46 PM

I will rephrase. The first free ONeill took

Halfquarter

Quote from: tonto1888 on February 05, 2023, 06:37:02 PM
Quote from: Halfquarter on February 05, 2023, 06:23:46 PM

I will rephrase. The first free ONeill took

Certainly looked over the bar on the telly.

yellowcard

Quote from: bennydorano on February 05, 2023, 06:19:08 PM
Armagh have played 20 minutes football over 2 games and have 3 points on the board so that is a positive, McCabe is available after suspension for the next game and hopefully some injuries will clear up soon. Ross McQuillan surely deserves a start? What does Hall offer - I just can't understand how he continually gets a starting spot.

17-17 sounds like a great game but I thought it was Shite bar the last 10 minutes tbh (& freezing). Made no use of a significant breeze in the 1st half at all, very little direct ball played in - the wind totally died away in the 2nd half too so Mayo didn't have that advantage. I dunno who I would have given MOTM to, probably Ethan Rafferty, he made a few mistakes but he's got a big set of balls and never shys away from it. Turbitt is a top quality player, looks like a bit of a lazy sod sometimes but there's gold in them boots.

Edit - the ref was terrible, blew every tiny bit of contact, just awful.

Definitely agree on those team selections, I think Hall is an impact sub at best certainly not a starting player and McQuillan deserves a run in the side to see what he can do, he has nearly always made an impact coming off the bench. Geezer used to do the same with Soupy until he was left with no option but to start him. If Rafferty can erase an odd moment of madness then he is the most effective goalkeeper in the country for what he brings to the team in a ball carrying capacity and he has that Rian O'Neill trait of being able to put a mistake very quickly behind him.

We have a big problem at midfield though and only that the Mayo goalkeeper oddly opted to kick the ball out short for the last 10 minutes when we had pressed high up the pitch (after we had been cleaned out on long kick outs all match), I don't think we would have got anything out of that game today. One thing we know with Armagh at this stage is that they could be 7 points up but not have the game won and equally we could be 7 points down and still not be out of it. 

GalwayBayBoy

GAABoardMod5

Moved the Farrandeelin news to its own thread.