NFL Division 1 2024

Started by Blowitupref, January 16, 2023, 08:23:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harold Disgracey

What is that penalty for? Overcarrying?

CK_Redhand

What happened there? Looked like the Galway defender caught the ball on the line and then pulled it back behind the line? Ref gives penalty.

J70

scout

I refuse to believe there isn't a better goalkeeper in Galway than the current occupant.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Harold Disgracey on February 26, 2023, 12:58:42 PM

Not sure, goalkeeper Gleeson has to deal with it and then he should have saved that poorly taken penalty.

galwayman

Can we finally please f**king get rid of Conor Gleeson.
How he is still being picked is baffling

galwayman

Quote from: Captain Obvious on February 26, 2023, 01:00:48 PM
Quote from: Harold Disgracey on February 26, 2023, 12:58:42 PM

Not sure, goalkeeper Gleeson has to deal with it and then he should have saved that poorly taken penalty.
Sure that's the thing - he isn't capable of dealing with high ball.
Anyone who has ever watched Gleeson could tell you that.
He's a pure disaster

Blowitupref

Half time Donegal 1-6 Galway 1-3. I'm a bit puzzled as to why that penalty was awarded to Donegal.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

J70

Surely it should just have been an own goal?

GalwayBayBoy

Gleeson somehow managed to punch the ball up and back towards his own goal. Can't continue with him in nets.

In general though, Galway just not at it at all today. Second to every ball. Lads standing still waiting instead of attacking the ball.

westbound

Galway defender threw the ball.
Technical foul in small square is a penalty.

I didn't see umpires signal that the ball was across the line, so i assume ref didn't know if it was across the line before he signalled for the penalty.

galwayman

Quote from: westbound on February 26, 2023, 01:21:35 PM
Galway defender threw the ball.
Technical foul in small square is a penalty.

I didn't see umpires signal that the ball was across the line, so i assume ref didn't know if it was across the line before he signalled for the penalty.
Galway defender didn't pass the ball at all.
Looked like he carried it back over the line so should have been a goal anyway.

seafoid

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/2023/02/25/division-one-leaders-roscommon-hoping-to-maintain-flying-start/

Gay Sheerin has seen it all in Roscommon. He played in goal for the county, managed them and most recently returned as a selector during the tenure of John Evans. When the new management team took over in advance of the 2013 season, Roscommon were drifting in the backwaters of Division Three.

"I said it at the time," recalls Sheerin. "'Lads, you are only pissing about here if you think this is the league to be in. Or the division above it. The only place to be playing football for us is Division One. That's where we need to be.'"
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

J70

Some poor wides for Donegal at the start of the second half.

Have a feeling we'll regret them.

seafoid

Only one in it now
Finnerty is on and Galway have the wind
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU