Division 2 2024

Started by Captain Scarlet, January 16, 2023, 02:11:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marty34

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on April 02, 2023, 02:34:11 PM
Been a few goal chances alright but fairly wild finishing. Either blasted over the bar or straight at the keeper.

Some of the attempted finishing from inter-county playrs is brutal.

Panic when one -on-one.

The finish from the Fermanagh No. 14 last night was excellent, turned back onto his right and sidefooted it into the bottom corner. Class finish.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: Hound on April 02, 2023, 02:34:29 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on April 02, 2023, 02:31:26 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on April 02, 2023, 02:19:15 PM
Dublin look like a spent force to me. They've won it all and are still soldiering with a lot of the same players so you can only assume that there is very little coming through.

Dessie Farrell managed their underage teams but doesn't seem to keen in bringing many new players through. Come championship he'll probably have Costello,McCaffrey,Mannion,Cluxton,Horward starting.
You can't magic players out of thin air. The ones on the panel are the best available.

We expect to get a fair few of the current u20s in the senior team in the next couple of years. We haven't been able to say that about an U20/U21 team in a long time (including the team who got to a final a few years ago)

What about that lad Archer? Was he not tipped to be the next big thing!

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Gael85 on April 02, 2023, 02:38:25 PM
Expect to win this well. Dublin struggling against the blanket.

Painful stuff, in fairness.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

highorlow

Turn off the sound and watch this and you'd be confused as to what's going on. Really sad match so far.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Hound on April 02, 2023, 02:34:29 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on April 02, 2023, 02:31:26 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on April 02, 2023, 02:19:15 PM
Dublin look like a spent force to me. They’ve won it all and are still soldiering with a lot of the same players so you can only assume that there is very little coming through.

Dessie Farrell managed their underage teams but doesn't seem to keen in bringing many new players through. Come championship he'll probably have Costello,McCaffrey,Mannion,Cluxton,Horward starting.
You can’t magic players out of thin air. The ones on the panel are the best available.

We expect to get a fair few of the current u20s in the senior team in the next couple of years. We haven’t been able to say that about an U20/U21 team in a long time (including the team who got to a final a few years ago)

Dublin reached U20 All Ireland finals in 2019 and 2020 more from those teams should be established senior players right now. Why are you then expecting a fair few from the current U20s, a different senior manager that will give them more of chance?

imtommygunn

I think glass is maybe going to come off here too. Double whammy

Blowitupref

Dublin goal from O'Gara ideal start to the 2nd half. Could the Derry defence and keeper have done better there? Conor Glass going off injured a big blow to Derry.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

screenexile

That's a huge blow hopefully it's not too serious.

Could be a struggle for us to win from here.

An Watcher

Maybe rushing players back in after an intensive all ireland club campaign wasn't the brightest of ideas

Brick Tamlin

Jesus how could you put up with thon p***k constantly shouting at ye what to do on the field. Let them play ffs

AustinPowers

Penalty for  Dublin for a foot block, no?

yellowcard

It's actually one of the better games Ive watched recently which probably says more for the modern game. Plenty of goal chances and lots of mistakes.

David McKeown

Quote from: AustinPowers on April 02, 2023, 02:51:42 PM
Penalty for  Dublin for a foot block, no?

Nope ball wasnt kicked from the hand
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

J70

I was thinking Dublin must REALLY be desperate if Eoghan O'Gara has been brought back, but I see that's Killian!

I'm assuming it's a brother?

Image of him!

Blowitupref

Dublin 2nd goal from a penalty. 2-5 to 0-8 49 minutes played.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose