Division 2 2024

Started by Captain Scarlet, January 16, 2023, 02:11:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Quote from: seafoid on February 21, 2023, 11:22:50 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on February 21, 2023, 11:09:51 AM
Maybe. They troubled Derry and near beat Clare. Them and Meath will be interesting - even Cork.
They were promoted. There is a big difference between D3 and midway in D2 .
Meath and Cork are not the finished article but they should be able to beat Louth.

joemamas

Quote from: imtommygunn on February 26, 2023, 04:09:12 PM
Quote from: joemamas on February 26, 2023, 03:23:13 PM
How could a county with a population the size of Kildare be so bad. Seriously.

It doesn't seem to be working out for Ryan.

Difficult to just put it all on him.
Does he not have a experienced group of selectors advisors with him.
Just mind boggling tbh.

imtommygunn

Yeah possibly a bit harsh but something not working. Always seem competitive enough at underage too.

Cunny Funt

Derry the best team in this Division and i think they'll prove it further by beating Dublin next weekend.

Walter Cronc

Kildare just have zero respect for themselves. Load of buffed up athletes running around clueless!

Wildweasel74

Derry could put over 20pts on them, probably should done to Limerick and Meath as well.

Derryman forever

Are we Derry wans getting a bit carried away.
Derry weren't near as good as Kildare were bad

full moon

Quote from: Derryman forever on February 26, 2023, 06:43:01 PM

I know it's a short season now but are they peaking too soon? I'm surprised they are obliterating Kildare and Meath in such fashion.

RTE have Dublin Derry next week, not as much meaning now both will surely go back up. Derry much more impressive by Dublin so far.

tbrick18

Yep, maybe, not sure  ;D
Derry were OK, never really got out of 2nd gear.
We've had our easiest games in the division up until now and haven't had to step up when backs to the wall.

We stepped up a level against Mearh to be fair.

I do think feet are on the ground though. We could still get beat 3 times. Cork racked up some score against limerick, which would be a worry.
Dublin are Dublin
Clare ran Dublin close.

I think we have a good chance of promotion, but, we could also finish 3rd if we don't keep improving. I don't think anyone is carried away yet. Might change if we beat the dubs, but even then the dubs are not the team they were.

screenexile

I agree with tbrick... we have had an easy time so far.

The Meath game was built up as they'd played so well against Cork but they were very average and while it's been our best performance they were really poor.

The next 3 games are massive! Win one and we should still get through but in truth we should be in Div 1 and should win 2 out of 3. As has been said the Dubs have been average so far and I think we have more than a fighting chance against them.

I'm excited for what's ahead but we need to get up and if we do then Ulster is absolutely possible again and who knows what else!

Derryman forever

Quote from: tbrick18 on February 26, 2023, 07:02:50 PM

Yep, maybe, not sure  ;D
Derry were OK, never really got out of 2nd gear.
We've had our easiest games in the division up until now and haven't had to step up when backs to the wall.

We stepped up a level against Mearh to be fair.

I do think feet are on the ground though. We could still get beat 3 times. Cork racked up some score against limerick, which would be a worry.
Dublin are Dublin
Clare ran Dublin close.

I think we have a good chance of promotion, but, we could also finish 3rd if we don't keep improving. I don't think anyone is carried away yet. Might change if we beat the dubs, but even then the dubs are not the team they were.

I'd agree with all of that.

Captain Scarlet

Derry did even need to be outstanding. The sad thing is that Kildare just don't learn and can't play against a deeper defence.
Awful stuff and the Louth win really opens it up again.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

JoG2

Quote from: Walter Cronc on February 26, 2023, 06:08:06 PM
Kildare just have zero respect for themselves. Load of buffed up athletes running around clueless!

All county teams are in serious physical condition these days. We seen it up close and personal in Div 3 and Div 4 recently. The big difference is in the prep, how teams are set up, the players know the correct defensive setup, lines to run etc, inside out. This is were management teams stand out. Derry for example have a really settled team, each player knows their job and executes it the way it has been drilled into them.

Not a single man I've spoken to is getting carried away tbh. We've 3 massive games coming up, anything can happen, but we should be very competitive. That Galway league game last year was a real leveller and I'm sure it still lurks in the background of the players / management. Really looking forward to welcoming the Dubs back to CP for the first time since 2014. 5pm Sat evening is a great time for a game.