Ticket Prices

Started by toby47, January 12, 2023, 10:41:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildweasel74

My biggest gripe is all these fball clubs hiring coaches with no chance of winning the local championship. Going round selling tickets, not for bringing the youth up, but to paid a mercenary blow in's extreme amounts of money. Yes it works stimes, but at what long term cost.

Look-Up!

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on January 20, 2023, 03:49:19 PM
My biggest gripe is all these fball clubs hiring coaches with no chance of winning the local championship. Going round selling tickets, not for bringing the youth up, but to paid a mercenary blow in's extreme amounts of money. Yes it works stimes, but at what long term cost.
True. Sometimes it's the only option though. A lot of thick c***s about and managing in your own club can quickly become a nightmare, lifelong friendships taking a beating.

Regards entertainment value and coaching methods and tactics, I'm afraid the genie is out of the bottle on that one never to return. Strength, size and endurance are dominating factors in team selections and ball retention in game play. That's one good thing about soccer, fundamental skill still the overriding factor despite all the advances in tactics, sports science and supplements. An argument for a different thread, but I think if the 4 steps and tackle rules were strictly enforced, we'd see a more open game with bulk and power less effective.

Link

Quote from: Truth hurts on January 20, 2023, 09:42:17 AM

What clubs have professional coaches at underage level? That's mental

I think he means development officers in clubs who look over all aspects of all underage teams + possibly help with schools too.

I know of one close to me and it was an advertised paid position with over 30 hours a week.

Wildweasel74

I think alot of attacking play been coached out of Derry. But again this form of fball prevalent at Senior club level in the county too.

AustinPowers

People not happy about the gaa going  cashless .  I don't like it myself

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-64561431

Rossfan

Did I read somewhere that gate receipts are higher in all Counties since cashless came in?
I wonder why that might be ::)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

twohands!!!

Quote from: Rossfan on February 12, 2023, 11:17:48 AM
Did I read somewhere that gate receipts are higher in all Counties since cashless came in?

I think the revenue in Galway was something like double for club matches.

Wildweasel74

We talking about slippy fingers, or person paying to game then not going for various reasons.

From the Bunker

We are probably talking about slippy fingers, there has always been a loose unaccountable past with the GAA and Cash entry to games. I'm sure there was a tiny minority on the take over the years. It'greed when the opportunity arises.

Louther

Quote from: Rossfan on February 12, 2023, 11:17:48 AM

While some may have gone west. A lot of it would have been held back by county boards themselves to pay "expenses" and costs off the books as such. It would have been themselves not declaring it. You'd find clubs at same as well

Rossfan

The  oul  alleged manager slush fund :-\

AustinPowers

Quote from: From the Bunker on February 12, 2023, 04:26:48 PM
We are probably talking about slippy fingers, there has always been a loose unaccountable past with the GAA and Cash entry to games. I'm sure there was a tiny minority on the take over the years. It'greed when the opportunity arises.

Still not  a good enough reason to  stop cash sales

If I get my car  washed, windows cleaned  or hedges cut ,  are those people declaring  every penny?   I   don't give a  damn if they do or dont. My concern is getting my  car/windows washed.

OrchardOrange

Quote from: AustinPowers on February 12, 2023, 08:51:16 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on February 12, 2023, 04:26:48 PM

Still not  a good enough reason to  stop cash sales

If I get my car  washed, windows cleaned  or hedges cut ,  are those people declaring  every penny?   I   don't give a  damn if they do or dont. My concern is getting my  car/windows washed.

At least the car washers are working for their cash reward....

Rossfan

I'd suggest 2 reasons for cashless...
1 less Insurance
2 money goes where it's meant to go

Cavan19

Quote from: Rossfan on February 12, 2023, 11:13:22 PM
I'd suggest 2 reasons for cashless...
1 less Insurance
2 money goes where it's meant to go

I don't understand why they can't have a few card machines at the gate to take payments I think it would solve this problem over night and they are still cashless.  90% or more would still buy online as they are used to it now and it is handy.