All Ireland club football championships 2023/24

Started by Blowitupref, January 06, 2023, 09:18:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

We're you not trying to reduce numbers in the senior championship at the tail end of this year with some sort of relegation play offs where teams like that would have been in the relegation play offs? There were some appeals and they were called off?

Walter Cronc

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 07, 2023, 08:10:58 PM
We're you not trying to reduce numbers in the senior championship at the tail end of this year with some sort of relegation play offs where teams like that would have been in the relegation play offs? There were some appeals and they were called off?

Aye Bellaghy & Screen cried at the thought of dropping to intermediate. Would have done neither club no harm as they are miles off the pace!

JoG2

Quote from: Walter Cronc on January 07, 2023, 08:24:04 PM

Aye Bellaghy & Screen cried at the thought of dropping to intermediate. Would have done neither club no harm as they are miles off the pace!

If you're not good enough in a particular year and your league position sees you drop through straight relegation or via playoffs, then so be it.

But that isn't in the same ballpark as the Kerry system (and league structures) even if there is a slight decrease in the number of teams in senior Div 1

Champion The Wonder Horse

Quote from: Walter Cronc on January 07, 2023, 08:24:04 PM

Don't think bellaghy did. Coleraine and Screen did.

Armagh18

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on January 07, 2023, 06:58:56 PM
Steelstown were very poor coming up to senior this year. Not what u expect from a team won a intermediate all - Ireland Coleraine lost one but ended up winning 2 senior championships in years to follow. Steelstown got lucky beating ng the Kerry team last year. Who would do well in a strong Derry club championship.
I'd say thats to be expected after a long year last year winning an AI. Dont known anything about them but presume they aren't a massive club, hard to keep that level up for sustained periods.

ONeill

Fossa, going by the map, is tiny? 0.29 sq miles?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Wildweasel74

Fossa is small, stayed in a hotel near the fball field, when on holiday in killarney. About a mile or just over, outside the top end of Killarney.

Gold

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on January 07, 2023, 11:34:03 PM
Fossa is small, stayed in a hotel near the fball field, when on holiday in killarney. About a mile or just over, outside the top end of Killarney.

Nice?
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

seafoid

Looking forward to the Wattys/Maigh Cuilinn match later on.
Derry and Galway are both producing good footballers at the minute. I am sure Watty will be there in spirit.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

HiMucker

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on January 07, 2023, 06:58:56 PM
Steelstown were very poor coming up to senior this year. Not what u expect from a team won a intermediate all - Ireland Coleraine lost one but ended up winning 2 senior championships in years to follow. Steelstown got lucky beating ng the Kerry team last year. Who would do well in a strong Derry club championship.
lol ;D 5 points in it, 14 men for more than a half, and at least 3 easy missed goal chances. I think we beat that team 8 times out of 10

Wildweasel74

Well how come you can't beat weaker teams than that Kerry team in Derry senior club fball last year?

HiMucker

7 to 8 players from the starting 15 went travelling. Plus Ben Mccarron had his confidence shot with Derry. We were coming up against teams with their county men going straight on to start for NFL division one teams. I think he should have seen far far more game time for Derry during the national league. Personally, and I know I'm biased, I think he's easily good enough to be starting in that Derry team. I think his lack of playing time was to Derrys detriment.

Blowitupref

Half time Kilmacud Crokes 0-8 Kerins O'Rahilly's 0-6
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

harryR

What's the craic with mannion? Is he out for the foreseeable or anyway close to returning?

seafoid

Goal Man City . Kerins have a lot of work to do now.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU