The DUP thread

Started by armaghniac, December 31, 2022, 05:22:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armagh18

Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on February 26, 2023, 12:53:33 AM
Shit like this always makes me wonder what exactly it is that they are "loyal" to.  Clearly not the rule of law as set down by Westminster, so, what, exactly?
Their fleg, marching and hating taigs.

And for a lot of them, selling drugs.

Eire90

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 25, 2023, 11:53:34 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on February 25, 2023, 11:45:31 PM
Quote from: Eire90 on February 25, 2023, 11:43:09 PM
NI will burn: UVF's chilling warning over new NI Protocol 'betrayal'

Senior UVF figures have warned loyalists will "wreck the place" and "the streets will be in flames" if any Brexit deal between the UK and EU does not scrap the Irish Sea border.

Meh. Are they gonna block the roads with bins again? We'll just find another way home from work like we did in 2012.

Is this another Belfast live exclusive? From a top source?

belfast telegraph   

https://m.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sunday-life/news/ni-will-burn-uvfs-chilling-warning-over-new-ni-protocol-betrayal/1714828166.html

seafoid

Sunak has now given the DUP a hospital pass
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Eire90

Eire90

wowwwwwwww dup excepted to accept it  reported in irish  news i still wouldn't whole my breath.

imtommygunn

wait until they meet the lcc though

Saffrongael

Quote from: imtommygunn on February 27, 2023, 01:21:04 PM

I would think if the DUP are happy the LCC will be happy
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

yellowcard

Donaldson painted himself into a corner from day one and now has no way out. Tactically give himself no room for manoeuvre. If he tentatively backs the deal then he will lose out to Allister electorally. If he doesn't back the deal and refuses to return to Stormont then it will proceed anyway and the outcome of that will be far worse for Unionism as Westminster will make decisions under a soon to be Labour government.   

imtommygunn

It's hard to believe how incompetent Donaldson is. I thought he was half intelligent but he has even made Arlene Foster look good and that is saying something.

Snapchap

Quote from: Saffrongael on February 27, 2023, 01:32:41 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on February 27, 2023, 01:21:04 PM

I would think if the DUP are happy the LCC will be happy

You've a short memory! Remember 2018? The DUP and SF's negotiators came to an agreement on re-establishing the assembly/Irish language legislation only for the DUP to walk away and deny any agreement was ever reached (SF later published the agreement's text) after they took it away to consult with the Orange Order and representatives of loyalist paramilitaries.

johnnycool

No Stormont. No pay for lots of MLA's DUP or otherwise and some are hardly going to pick up similar salaries in the private sector..

What now?

Armagh18

Quote from: johnnycool on February 27, 2023, 02:38:02 PM
No Stormont. No pay for lots of MLA's DUP or otherwise and some are hardly going to pick up similar salaries in the private sector..

What now?
the dole?

imtommygunn

Arlene not happy. That's a good sign  ;D

I don't know where unionism go from here.

yellowcard

Quote from: imtommygunn on February 27, 2023, 02:44:53 PM
Arlene not happy. That's a good sign  ;D

I don't know where unionism go from here.

Hard unionism has already created another couple of bogeymen in King Charles and the Irish News and the day isn't yet over! The lack of self awareness that Arlene Foster displays is bizarre. She's got her big titles but was the main instigator in leading Unionism down this path yet instead of staying in the background she has continued to put herself at the front and centre of any political debate. Definitely more loyal to the half crown than the crown that one, together with the other Westminster MP cronies.   

imtommygunn