20 years of the PSNI

Started by Truth hurts, November 02, 2021, 09:15:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Armagh18 on February 26, 2023, 03:35:43 PM
Quote from: seafoid on February 26, 2023, 10:20:29 AM
Quote from: full moon on February 25, 2023, 02:17:14 PM
PSNI take orders from MI5 and they're a different kettle of fish. How many nationalists/Catholics are in MI5? How many MI5 is there in the HQ in Palace Barracks? Does anyone actually believe MI5 stop at the border and don't operate in the South also?

There's hundreds of cases where MI5 involvement is suspicious and their motives unclear to say the least even in recent years.

Who even works for them English,Scots and local Unionists?

Their whole presence is very strange in the North and it's rarely commented on by media or politicians, most likely they are deliberately kept out of the media. Do believe they truthfully are non political?
I have never thought about these questions. Presumably the proportion of Brit catholics in the MI5 would reflect the population percentage.
The NI system stops at the border/the sea. Most criminality in the South is drug related and  MI5 doesn't care about drugs.
Was one of the top men in the Gardai not a former MI5 man?

Wouldn't be surprised they are looking in here for some titbits
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Mourne Red

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Mourne Red on February 26, 2023, 09:20:10 PM
https://twitter.com/republicmedia16/status/1629945388835766274?s=46&t=dBoZvJrPt73E0Crol4TSgQ

Don't know how true it is but Dissidents are claiming responsibility apparently

Not a drug hit then?

Though probably set up by MI5
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Saffrongael

It's like something a youngster has written
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Mourne Red

Yeh it's being reported by mainstream media now.. Dissidents responsible, f**king degenerates

Applesisapples

Quote from: SaffronSports on February 24, 2023, 05:46:30 PM
I once applied to join the cops actually. It was around the very early days of the psni and to be honest all I was seeing was pound signs.

Got through the first few bits then had a car accident the day before the next stage and pulled out. In hindsight, I'm glad I didn't join for a great many reasons. I would have been shit at the job, my head would go looking over my shoulder all the time and I would probably have to live somewhere else than I do now.

I do know quite a few Catholics who joined around that time but to be honest, most of them moved away to other towns and I haven't saw them in years.
This is the bit I feel is both depressing and also needs to be addressed by nationalism. The PSNI should be like the Gardai, living in communities. Unfortunately incidents such as this shooting put this back, which is exactly the point.

Saffrongael

You would think the net could be closing already, cops have already identified where/when the getaway car was bought, CCTV footage of it heading to Belfast after being bought & then driven towards Omagh the day before the shooting
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

WT4E

Quote from: Saffrongael on February 27, 2023, 03:12:00 PM
You would think the net could be closing already, cops have already identified where/when the getaway car was bought, CCTV footage of it heading to Belfast after being bought & then driven towards Omagh the day before the shooting

Where did this info come from is it in the news?

Saffrongael

Quote from: WT4E on February 27, 2023, 05:07:46 PM
Quote from: Saffrongael on February 27, 2023, 03:12:00 PM

Where did this info come from is it in the news?

Yes https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-64783661

toby47

How long can the people arrested be kept for?

clarshack

Eire90

can they be arrested again like so many hours after being released

toby47

Quote from: clarshack on February 28, 2023, 11:03:43 AM
Quote from: toby47 on February 28, 2023, 09:53:26 AM
How long can the people arrested be kept for?

14 days?

Is that special terms under terrorism acts? Didn't think it was as long as that.

Armagh18

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02cJgsNHUXzJGUbjCapbu12cdQMFMCbU1hCkLrjqMfteEKJNypqxvbG9wDewbXuJYdl&id=526712010807134

Probably not surprising but some of the men have been released unconditionally with at least one being held until 10pm Wednesday. Unlikely that they'd have been able to nab whoever did it that quickly and just lifted lads known to have dissident links.

Eire90