NFL Division 2 - 2020

Started by Captain Obvious, January 10, 2020, 05:09:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Hopefully none of the rest of the panel will get the bloody thing and hope the player who has tested positive will recover quickly and not be subsequently impaired in any way.

Meanwhile I see Waterford have conceded their D4 game to Antrim citing player concerns among other things.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Itchy

Quote from: Rossfan on October 22, 2020, 09:24:47 AM
Hopefully none of the rest of the panel will get the bloody thing and hope the player who has tested positive will recover quickly and not be subsequently impaired in any way.

Meanwhile I see Waterford have conceded their D4 game to Antrim citing player concerns among other things.

So where does that leave the GAA, Antrim promoted based on a thrown game. Messy.

Rossfan - which starters are effected do you know?

Rossfan

I heard around 7, didn't ask who and even if I did know I wouldn't put it in a public forum.
With 12 or 13 players out we will do well to have 20 players in Breffni.

Westside

Am I right in saying that barring a Westmeath win by 20+ points Roscommon are basically promoted anyway?

Even if you test negative you are still required to isolate so even if nobody else on the bus has it they won't be allowed to play.

Cavan have their own Covid concerns and Roscommon have a good squad. This will give Cavan a boost but doesn't count Roscommon out by any means.

Redhand Santa

Quote from: Westside on October 22, 2020, 09:50:38 AM
Am I right in saying that barring a Westmeath win by 20+ points Roscommon are basically promoted anyway?

Even if you test negative you are still required to isolate so even if nobody else on the bus has it they won't be allowed to play.

Cavan have their own Covid concerns and Roscommon have a good squad. This will give Cavan a boost but doesn't count Roscommon out by any means.

But will everyone on the bus be deemed a close contact or just anyone sitting within 2 metres? It seemed to be 2 metres on the plane that was used for the Ireland soccer players. Hopefully no one else has picked it up - that's obviously the most important thing.

illdecide

There are so many permutations for Sat's games...

Armagh win they go up unless Westmeath win by a cricket score
If Clare beat Armagh and Kildare beat Westmeath, Kildare could go up providing Cavan don't rack up a big score against a weakened Roscommon team
If Clare hammer Armagh and Kildare only win by a point or two if Cavan draw with Rossies then Clare could get promoted this is mad...

relegation...Fermanagh are down so leaves a simple one (I think) If Laois lose they're relegated.
If Laois win and Armegh beat Clare then Clare will be relegated but that will depend on Cavan not getting a heavy defeat to Roscommon or Kildare getting a hammering.

What a division :o
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

BennyCake

What will Donegal do heading to Kerry? Surely the players won't take their own cars? They'd be knackered.

Rossfan

Quote from: Westside on October 22, 2020, 09:50:38 AM
Not bothered checking the exact figure but we have to lose by 10 or 11 and the Westies have to win by 10 or 11.

GoldCoastRossie

Would we (Roscommon) not be as well to concede the game and protect the scoring difference ?

FermGael

Quote from: BennyCake on October 22, 2020, 10:50:20 AM
What will Donegal do heading to Kerry? Surely the players won't take their own cars? They'd be knackered.

Fermanagh players took their own cars .
They did manage to get the somewhere to stay though on the Saturday night .
Are hotels in the south open at the minute ?
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

Itchy

Quote from: GoldCoastRossie on October 22, 2020, 11:21:19 AM
Would we (Roscommon) not be as well to concede the game and protect the scoring difference ?

This is the thing. In every county and tournament I have ever come across, once a team concedes a game then the use of score differences can no longer be used. Not sure how the GAA will work this out if it happens that some team or other will be promoted or relegated if a team doesnt field.

GoldCoastRossie

If scoring was scraped and it went to the head to heads - Roscommon have beaten both ! or would it be a 3 way play off ...

Itchy

I dont know, 3 way play off I think but there is no time build into the schedule for that.

Itchy

Quote from: FermGael on October 22, 2020, 11:22:43 AM
Quote from: BennyCake on October 22, 2020, 10:50:20 AM

Fermanagh players took their own cars .
They did manage to get the somewhere to stay though on the Saturday night .
Are hotels in the south open at the minute ?

Some are. I was reading one hotel cancelled on Fermanagh but another took them in.

Rossfan

Quote from: GoldCoastRossie on October 22, 2020, 11:21:19 AM
We've said were fulfilling the fixture anyway.
I may be wrong but if we conceded and Armagh and the Westues won I think only the games the 3 played against each other would be used for scoring difference.