Sigerson

Started by GalwayBayBoy, November 20, 2019, 03:17:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Estimator

That's the first time that I've seen a defensive mark being claimed!
Ulster League Champions 2009

Blowitupref

Congrats to NUIG a first Sigerson cup since 2003. FT NUIG 0-12 UL 1-6
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Wildweasel74

Poor enough final, heavy rain and strong wing didn't help. Galway even without conroy looked way to strong for Limerick.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on February 16, 2022, 08:49:36 PM
Poor enough final, heavy rain and strong wing didn't help. Galway even without conroy looked way to strong for Limerick.

It's a wonder it was not played in the Prenty Dome?

Blowitupref

Quote from: From the Bunker on February 16, 2022, 09:01:31 PM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on February 16, 2022, 08:49:36 PM

It's a wonder it was not played in the Prenty Dome?
Host for these finals are decided before the competition starts. 
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

greatpoint

I don't think the coverage Clifford gets at times is good for him at all.

Gael85

Well done to NUIG.  Galway have some good footballers coming through in the Kelly's, Culhane and Tierney.  Gavin Burke had a very good game too.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: greatpoint on February 16, 2022, 09:07:46 PM

Stage was set was meant to be his final tonight however for whatever reason he fired blanks. Was a bit like Brazilian Ronaldo in the World cup final in 1998.

greatpoint

Quote from: Captain Obvious on February 16, 2022, 09:27:37 PM

Stage was set was meant to be his final tonight however for whatever reason he fired blanks. Was a bit like Brazilian Ronaldo in the World cup final in 1998.

He's trending on Twitter at the minute and even after that match all you'll find is effusive praise. It's mental.

Wildweasel74

Been alright if they had an actual forward foreby him, misses 3/4 he normally get,

imtommygunn

I would say this is true. Big pressure and spotlight for one so young.

Nuig were just much better. Some handy footballers there.

rodney trotter

NUIG had a strong panel even without Tommy Conroy, Sean Mulkerrin and Jamie Brennan. Brennan missed the whole Sigerson
Stefan Okunbar missing for Ul.

A terrible night for football, wouldn't be too hard on Clifford.  He was the difference against Dcu in semi

rosnarun

Quote from: rodney trotter on February 17, 2022, 08:24:38 AM
NUIG had a strong panel even without Tommy Conroy, Sean Mulkerrin and Jamie Brennan. Brennan missed the whole Sigerson
Stefan Okunbar missing for Ul.

A terrible night for football, wouldn't be too hard on Clifford.  He was the difference against Dcu in semi
i was  at a different match last night and you would not Put a cat out in it.
Last nights performance cout for nothing other than a great win for NUIG nut id read nothing into It .
Delighted for Heneghan . Knoe hid fsther years ago he played a bit for the rossies
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Rossfan

Is dad  James Heneghan?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Maroon Manc

That scoreline didn't do NUIG justice, worthy winners. Don't think Murray, Mulcahy, Burke or Eoghan Kelly who were 4 of the starting back 6 are on the Galway panel?

What age is Heneghan? Can't recall him playing against Galway u20's in recent year unless he was injured, he changed the game and deserved his MOM.