Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
10 (50%)
?
10 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Truth hurts

I thought the boys on the Down board are crying c""TS. You Derry boys take the proverbial. Yous are heading to division 1

toby47

Quote from: Cluborcountywhynotboth on March 09, 2023, 01:39:06 PM
Some of the messages on here this week are hard to believe. Why aren't players calling Gallagher out? Why was Tohill not given a chance? Jesus wept, if you don't know the answers to them then maybe Gaelic Football isn't the sport for you.

Sense at last. 

JoG2

Quote from: Truth hurts on March 09, 2023, 01:42:49 PM
I thought the boys on the Down board are crying c""TS. You Derry boys take the proverbial. Yous are heading to division 1

In fairness there's only a couple... Most of us are enjoying the absolute bejesus out of this journey. Great days

marty34

Some of the messages on here this week are hard to believe. Why aren't players calling Gallagher out? Why was Tohill not given a chance? Jesus wept, if you don't know the answers to them then maybe Gaelic Football isn't the sport for you.

It's only a discussion and, from a player point of view, a valid one.

Taking a player off, with a full bench available and then puttjng said player on again is a bit strange from the rest of the subs' point of view.

Imagine doing that in a club game. What would the other subs say?

This is a discussion board.  Strange that people want to close any discussion down.  It's not a criticism of RG, only an observation and a valid one at that.

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: JoG2 on March 09, 2023, 02:18:58 PM
Quote from: Truth hurts on March 09, 2023, 01:42:49 PM

In fairness there's only a couple... Most of us are enjoying the absolute bejesus out of this journey. Great days

Was.gona say this but couldnt be arsed 😊

Truth hurts

Quote from: marty34 on March 09, 2023, 02:46:40 PM

Taking a player off, with a full bench available and then puttjng said player on again is a bit strange from the rest of the subs' point of view.

This is a discussion board.  Strange that people want to close any discussion down.  It's not a criticism of RG, only an observation and a valid one at that.

Mickey Harte with God?

toby47

Quote from: Truth hurts on March 09, 2023, 04:26:53 PM
Quote from: marty34 on March 09, 2023, 02:46:40 PM

Mickey Harte with God?

It would be fairly common aswell in games that go to Extra Time.

Silver hill

And who anointed you the Guru?
Why keep Tohill on the panel for a year to then decide you'd rather bring no one than bring him?? If you're not raising an eyebrow at that one then maybe you could ask the same question of yourself?
It's not North Korea...opinions are allowed.

Red10

Sounds as if a few want this changed from a discussion forum to a place just to pay homage to Rory Gallagher.  For what it's worth I thinkTohill got more opportunities than many and when he got those he looked off the standard for top level county football. He's still young so maybe time yet to get there. At the end of the day it was his choice to jack it.

Will it ever end

Has had more than enough opportunities to nail down a space and offered very little - the bandwagon of he's 6 4 he has to be in midfield is a nonsense built on some romantic throwback to the 90s

NotedObserver

Has tohill impressed with his club?

Silver hill

He hasn't really impressed for club but that's not my point.
Gallagher has had him on the panel for 2 seasons. Why then, when you can have a panel of 26 and only name 25....why would you do that when Tohill was fit and available?
It's just messing with a young lads head and very poor man management.
Hats off to Gallagher with the job he has done so far in changing the culture and getting players to buy in, but that doesn't mean that every single thing he does is perfect and beyond scrutiny.

JoG2

Quote from: Silver hill on March 11, 2023, 12:34:13 PM
He hasn't really impressed for club but that's not my point.
Gallagher has had him on the panel for 2 seasons. Why then, when you can have a panel of 26 and only name 25....why would you do that when Tohill was fit and available?
It's just messing with a young lads head and very poor man management.
Hats off to Gallagher with the job he has done so far in changing the culture and getting players to buy in, but that doesn't mean that every single thing he does is perfect and beyond scrutiny.

That's the 3rd time you've mentioned this. I heard on the Tuesday prior to the Meath game Tohill had left the panel. The 26 won't have been submitted until the Thursday prior to the game. Why would a player be in that submitted panel if he isn't part of it anymore?
You think a manager like Gallagher (who all the players seem to really respect) isn't in constant contact with the players and they know exactly where they stand? He's on record many times saying he knows his starting 13...its up to the other players to fight for a place.
Tohill's time in the county setup will definitely stand to him and to Swatragh. If he's good enough he'll be back. Not the first you've had a pop at Gallagher

Silver hill

Sorry, my bad.
It was the Louth game. Squad named on 1st Feb, game was on the 5th, Tohill left the panel on the 8th.
He was fit and available but Gallagher chose to leave him at home.
Roughly translated, surplus to requirements but I'm not going to tell you directly.
Left with no choice.