GPA's latest scam

Started by Eamonnca1, September 12, 2013, 10:47:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zulu

QuoteI hope I didn't come across as outraged but why should we settle for daft,

Because that is at the root of any GAA initiative to develop GAA internationally. The first thing you need to understand when evaluating the development of the GAA internationally is that the GAA have no interest in it so any harebrained scheme that appears to be 'doing something' to develop the GAA abroad is fine.

This is D Og initiative is rubbish IMO but so is the alternative suggestion of discussing this with American GAA and coming up with an alternative. The GAA aren't serious about it but will waste funding on this 'living poetry' shite because, I presume, it gets column inches in the papers. We can't get 1 or 2K extra a year to help stabilise our development program which is actually producing British Gaelic footballers where none ever existed before. This is happening elsewhere too but national newspapers don't care so the GAA don't care.

RealSpiritof98

continuity hurling, sounds a bit ghey to be honest.

neilthemac

Hurling will promote itself once prospective players are exposed to it in the right environment and format.

Same with Gaelic football.

Hate ant organisation piggybacking on the GAA to further their aims

Eamonnca1

I hear Christy O'Connor wrote about this in the Irish News on Thursday. Anyone with a subscription care to do a copy and paste?

Eamonnca1

Michael Schmeichal

johnneycool

Quote from: Michael Schmeichal on September 27, 2013, 01:03:13 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on September 26, 2013, 05:59:15 PM
Jerome has a video about it

http://www.jeromequinnmedia.com/video/Hurling/All-Stars/Super-11-Hurling-1231

The broght yellow ball is a good idea. Easier follow both at the game and on tv.

there's a demonstration of the super-11 huccer before the Cork/Clare replay tomorrow according to the independent, so get it early to pass judgement..

Gabriel_Hurl

AZOffaly

I thought it was an exhibition at Notre Dame Stadium before they played USC. It's a pity it is being held at the Lacrosse stadium. I was on Notre Dame Campus, and I can't remember any other fields close to the football stadium. They may not get that many at this at all.. I was actually jealous of the lads playing at Notre Dame!

Just checked. Arlotta is close enough, but it's going to be like playing on the Thurles Sarsfield pitch with Semple Stadium towering behind you,,,

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Notre+Dame,+South&hl=en&ll=41.696597,-86.232913&spn=0.006801,0.016512&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=58.206849,135.263672&hq=Notre+Dame,+South&t=h&z=17

RealSpiritof98

Thought it was going to be before the Football game, waste of time now imo.

Eamonnca1

AZOffaly

Good man Eamonn. I also find it interesting that Sean Potts twice referred to "the inter county game" as opposed to hurling per se.

Eamonnca1

I noticed that too. The GPA seems to be all about separating the inter-county game and its players from the "little people."