UC 2010: Aontroim vs Tír Eoghain 23rd May, Páirc Mhic Asmaint

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, October 22, 2009, 10:02:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear ón Srath Bán

BRING IT ON!

(St Galls AI Senior Club Champions 2010 notwithstanding, and well done lads  ;))
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

saffron sam2

Quote from: hardstation on April 14, 2010, 07:16:10 AM
Quote from: tyroneman on April 14, 2010, 12:45:48 AM
So I guess the Antrim lads will be fancying thier chances big time for this one???
Not really, no. Hope to keep it tight up to half time and maybe stay within 4 points over the 70. Even that's a big ask.

You're probably more realistic on the other thread. Tyrone will be about ten up after 11 minutes and will hold Antrim at arms length after that. 4 points is extremely generous, Tyrone will win by as much as they want, pulling up.

I fear that if Mickey Harte decides to lay down a marker the margin of vistory could be well into double figures.

The Antrim team I would like to see is:

McGreevy

Brady, McLean, O'Boyle
Loughrey, Crozier, Kelly

Gallagher, Mick McCann

Kevin McGourty, Kieran McGourty, Niblock
Hands, Magill, Tomas McCann

Subs: Scullion, Doherty, Burke, Herron, Conor John Pius.

But Baker is more likely to go with something along the lines of:

McGreevy

Brady, McLean, O'Boyle
Scullion, Crozier, Kelly

Herron, Mick McCann

O'Neill, Gallagher, Niiblock
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

glens abu

Quote from: saffron sam2 on April 14, 2010, 08:26:51 AM
Quote from: hardstation on April 14, 2010, 07:16:10 AM
Quote from: tyroneman on April 14, 2010, 12:45:48 AM
So I guess the Antrim lads will be fancying thier chances big time for this one???
Not really, no. Hope to keep it tight up to half time and maybe stay within 4 points over the 70. Even that's a big ask.

You're probably more realistic on the other thread. Tyrone will be about ten up after 11 minutes and will hold Antrim at arms length after that. 4 points is extremely generous, Tyrone will win by as much as they want, pulling up.

I fear that if Mickey Harte decides to lay down a marker the margin of vistory could be well into double figures.

The Antrim team I would like to see is:

McGreevy

Brady, McLean, O'Boyle
Loughrey, Crozier, Kelly

Gallagher, Mick McCann

Kevin McGourty, Kieran McGourty, Niblock

Subs: Scullion, Doherty, Burke, Herron, Conor John Pius.

But Baker is more likely to go with something along the lines of:

McGreevy

Brady, McLean, O'Boyle
Scullion, Crozier, Kelly

Herron, Mick McCann

O'Neill, Gallagher, Niiblock

surely he has to play Loughrey :o there is no way he will leave him out

saffron sam2

You're right he will. Baker seems to want to play him further up the field, which I remembered when picking Baker's backs, but had forgotten when I went to pick the forwards.

I reckon he'll start on the half forward line, with Niblock going to chf, Gaga to midfield and Herron to the bench.

drici

1.  Vistory 
A friendship between two or more people in which the friends are very similar in tastes and can talk for hours about anything, usually well into the night and early morning hours, foregoing literally all sleep to spend time with their vistorical friends.

Quote from: saffron sam2 on April 14, 2010, 08:26:51 AM

Aye, Harte can fairly wireless away once he starts.

glens abu

Quote from: saffron sam2 on April 14, 2010, 09:43:24 AM
You're right he will. Baker seems to want to play him further up the field, which I remembered when picking Baker's backs, but had forgotten when I went to pick the forwards.

I reckon he'll start on the half forward line, with Niblock going to chf, Gaga to midfield and Herron to the bench.

yeah thats what he will do to fit in Scullion,think Herron has done really well in MF with McCann hope he does not change that.

saffron sam2

Quote from: glens abu on April 14, 2010, 10:29:00 AM

yeah thats what he will do to fit in Scullion,think Herron has done really well in MF with McCann hope he does not change that.

So where does Gaga go? Niblock allegedly is the best chf in Ireland, Baker seems to like O'Neill, but if all are fully fit one will miss out.

This competition for places is great.

glens abu

Quote from: saffron sam2 on April 14, 2010, 10:39:41 AM

So where does Gaga go? Niblock allegedly is the best chf in Ireland, Baker seems to like O'Neill, but if all are fully fit one will miss out.

yeah its looking good,changed times best squad for a long long time.

A Quinn Martin Production

Yeah, when was the last time an Antrim manger had two or three really tough decisions to make to pick his best 15??  Will the League Final team be close to the Championship team (bar Niblock of course)??
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

saffron sam2

Quote from: glens abu on April 14, 2010, 10:42:52 AM

Not good enough to take Tyrone yet though. Maybe in a year or two as their star continues to wane and Antrim's to ascend.

saffron sam2

Quote from: A Quinn Martin Production on April 14, 2010, 10:45:19 AM

Yeah, when was the last time an Antrim manger had two or three really tough decisions to make to pick his best 15??  Will the League Final team be close to the Championship team (bar Niblock of course)??

Close to it, but Baker will keep one or two things up his sleeve I think. 

Starting to get excited. Looking forward to the bowling club already.

A Quinn Martin Production

Quote from: saffron sam2 on April 14, 2010, 10:45:40 AM

Not good enough to take Tyrone yet though. Maybe in a year or two as their star continues to wane and Antrim's to ascend.

I have to agree SS2.  A couple of weeks ago I got carried away and thought Antrim might win.  However Tyrone will still be a cut above any teams we played in Div 3 and will be hot favourites.  Antrim may well "give them their fill of it" but would still be a huge shock if Antrim won.  Tyrone by 3-4.  We can beat Sligo however :)
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

glens abu

Quote from: saffron sam2 on April 14, 2010, 10:45:40 AM

BELIEVE SAM ;)Yeah you could be right but hope a least if we do go out we will get a half decent run in the qualifiers

ONeill

Any updates on fitness/injuries/form after the weekend club games?

Gormley def out?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.