Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
10 (50%)
?
10 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Estimator

Regarding the programme for the C'ship final, some of the articles in there were very good, but I was hoping for some information on previous finals... Eg Winners, Runners Up, Scorelines, Venue, MoTM, C'ship Top Scorer, etc..

Checked the Derry website and they only have recorded the winners.
Checked Wiki, they have some of the information. But it is still missing a lot of stuff, like the last 5 MoTM, 2 of the last 5 captains and the last 4 Top Scorers, plus the scoreline from the 2004 final.

Can anyone fill in the blanks on this, especially back beyond 2000, as the info for the 90's and 80's is very patchy.  Or point to an online location where I might find this information.
Cheers.
Ulster League Champions 2009

theticklemister

I have kept them all in the 90s and 2000s, but they are at home and I'm not there unfortunately.

Derry Optimist

Congratulations to the four members of Derry's Ulster Championship winning Minor team and this year's All Ireland Minor finalists on being selected on the Minor  County Team of 2017.

To be selected in any position is a great honour but to be picked in the four central positions of full back,centre half back,midfield and full forward is a particularly outstanding achievement.

So well done Conor McCluskey,Padraig McGrogan,Oisin McWilliams and Lorcan McWilliams.We hope and expect to see you again starring on Derry teams at all levels in the years to come.Hopefully many other Minors from Damian McErlain's management sides of the last three years will be joining you.

Derry Optimist

Over the past three years Derry have produced an unusually high quota of outstanding Minor footballers, reaching three successive Ulster finals and winning two of them. As a fun exercise I have decided to select a team, from them, whom I definitely feel have the ability to be top class Senior inter county footballers ( to be fair outgoing Senior County manager Damian Barton has already initiated this process by selecting several of them at Senior level during his two year tenure.I have no doubt his former team colleague, new manager Damian McErlain, will continue to do likewise).

Ben McKinless
Niall Keenan                                Conor McGrogan                            Oisin Duffin
Michael McEvoy                            Conor Glass                                   Padraig McGrogan
                              Patrick Kearney                 Oisin McWilliams
Jack Doherty                                Callum  Brown                                Patrick Coney
Ben McCarron                               Lorcan McWilliams                         Shane McGuigan.

Many other players including  the talented Callum Mullan-Young,Conor McCluskey,Simon McErlain,Shea Downey,Conor Doherty,Paddy Quigg and Francis Kearney could easily be selected instead of the players mentioned above.Unfortunately, from a Derry perspective, it would appear at this stage that Conor Glass's rapid progress in the AFL will probably mean that he is unlikely to feature in a Derry jersey at least in the near future.

Let us all hope that all of the above will commit themselves to the County when and if they are asked to do so. Along with the hopeful availability of all the other best players in the County  our Senior team can make tremendous strides and  restore pride and success to our county.It has the potential both on and off the field to do so

toby47

I see Bellaghy haven't entered a team into the Derry u21 championship as they said it would hinder their chances in the minor championship.

Wildweasel74

Did the committee met to review the video from the ogra v Doire Trasna game as i see the replay friday night!

tonesfirstandlast

Two things
Toby, it's none of your business whether we put in an u21 or not but I don't agree with it

Wild weasel . I've been reliably informed that the fat Douretrasna referee had a long conversation with Harry Tohill after that game

toby47

Quote from: tonesfirstandlast on September 27, 2017, 01:40:38 PM
Two things
Toby, it's none of your business whether we put in an u21 or not but I don't agree with it

Wild weasel . I've been reliably informed that the fat Douretrasna referee had a long conversation with Harry Tohill after that game

Lol, ratty. Joke club

restorepride

Quote from: tonesfirstandlast on September 27, 2017, 01:40:38 PM
Two things

Now now, this is not the tone of united Irishmen.

Derry Optimist

As it is over five days since anyone posted I thought maybe all GAA supporters in the county had transferred their allegiance elsewhere!!So I have decided to stimulate some debate by asking posters to pick their County All Star Club championship 15( players to be numbered in the traditional fashion ie 1-15) either at Senior,Intermediate or Junior levels.Their final selections should be based on actual performances in this year's competitions.

toby47

1)   McMullan – Slaughtneil
2)   McKaigue – Slaughtneil
3)   Rogers – Slaughtneil
4)   McNeil – Slaughtneil
5)   Feeny – Slaughtneil
6)   Mckaigue – Slaughtneil
7)   Brooks – Newbridge
8)   Bateson – Newbridge
9)   Bradley – Glen
10)   McGrath Slaughtneil
11)   Bradley – Slaughtneil
12)   McGuigan – Slaughtneil
13)   Sammy – Slaughtneil
14)   Herron – Screen
15)   Conway - Quigan

Unlucky to miss out - Sweeny (Newbridge) Sweeny (F'vale) McFaul (Glen) McBride (Screen) Burke (Newbridge)

Also never seen any junior championship matches this year so can't include anyone.

drillsergeant

Quote from: toby47 on October 03, 2017, 08:36:32 AM
5)   Feeny – Slaughtneil
7)   Brooks – Newbridge
8)   Bateson – Newbridge
9)   Bradley – Glen
14)   Herron – Screen
15)   Conway - Quigan

Unlucky to miss out - Sweeny (Newbridge) Sweeny (F'vale) McFaul (Glen) McBride (Screen) Burke (Newbridge)

Also never seen any junior championship matches this year so can't include anyone.

No Greenlough players toby47?

toby47

Quote from: drillsergeant on October 03, 2017, 01:22:36 PM
5)   Feeny – Slaughtneil
7)   Brooks – Newbridge
8)   Bateson – Newbridge
9)   Bradley – Glen
14)   Herron – Screen
15)   Conway - Quigan

Ah, genuine mistake. Loughlin in for Conway and Lynn in the unlucky pile. People might say more deserve a say but we have to remember they beat Glenullin (just promoted) and Banagher (just relegated)

toby47

Hearing Damien McErlaine picked/met his panel on Tuesday night. Couple of Coleraine men on the panel, however not as many as I'd have liked. Obviously still early yet.

drillsergeant

Quote from: toby47 on October 03, 2017, 02:16:54 PM
Quote from: drillsergeant on October 03, 2017, 01:22:36 PM
5)   Feeny – Slaughtneil
7)   Brooks – Newbridge
8)   Bateson – Newbridge
9)   Bradley – Glen
14)   Herron – Screen
15)   Conway - Quigan

Ah, genuine mistake. Loughlin in for Conway and Lynn in the unlucky pile. People might say more deserve a say but we have to remember they beat Glenullin (just promoted) and Banagher (just relegated)

Toby47 you werent far away from your Derry Club Allstar selections, this was the Irish News Derry Club Allstar selections; Still think there are few unlucky players that wasn't included.

1.McMullan (Slaughtneil)
2.McBride (Screen)
3.Rodgers (Slaughtneil)
4.K McKaigue (Slaughtneil)
5.McWilliams (Screen)
6.C McKaigue (Slaughtneil)
7.McEldowney (Slaughtneil)
8.Bradley (Slaughtneil)
9.Heron (Screen)
10.Sammy (Slaughtneil)
11.Mulgrew (Ballinascreen)
12.Lynn (Greenlough)