Armagh v Derry - Ulster Final, 14th May, 2023 @ 4pm

Started by Walter Cronc, May 01, 2023, 08:04:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redhand Santa

Quote from: gallsman on May 11, 2023, 10:30:14 AM
Quote from: smelmoth on May 11, 2023, 10:27:34 AM
Quote from: gallsman on May 11, 2023, 10:24:25 AM
Quote from: smelmoth on May 11, 2023, 10:12:56 AM
If there was one in grain of truth of any single allegation I would have thought that would have been enough for him to step aside temporarily. The complete rebuttal and the reference to this having already been investigated certainly makes the County Boards position as difficult as it could be.

Nightmare scenario

What complete rebuttal?! If that statement is genuine, it looks to me that he has been very careful not to explicitly deny anything.

It's a complete rebuttal in the sense that it's an outright denial.

I didn't say it was a satisfactory rebuttal.

Just making the point that he has knocked this back to the county board and not exactly made it easy for them.

It's not an outright denial though? Although I'm sure it will follow.

He says allegations were made against him and dealt with by the relevant authorities. That could mean anything ffs.

If they were dealt with by the authorities and then he was awarded custody to the children you could probably read something into it. But either way it's a mess of a situation and mad the way people are so quick to make their minds up on something they have a read a post on facebook on.

naka

Quote from: full moon on May 11, 2023, 10:16:58 AM
Plenty of Armagh folk demanding Gallagher is removed etc. No ulterior motives there I'm sure!

But typical Armagh they know this is a very big chance for them now on Sunday.
Pretty despicable statement

Assume you aren't a father of a daughter

Most Armagh guys want him on the line !
He isn't playing ffs

J70

Quote from: Redhand Santa on May 11, 2023, 10:42:02 AM
Quote from: gallsman on May 11, 2023, 10:30:14 AM
Quote from: smelmoth on May 11, 2023, 10:27:34 AM
Quote from: gallsman on May 11, 2023, 10:24:25 AM
If there was one in grain of truth of any single allegation I would have thought that would have been enough for him to step aside temporarily. The complete rebuttal and the reference to this having already been investigated certainly makes the County Boards position as difficult as it could be.

Nightmare scenario

What complete rebuttal?! If that statement is genuine, it looks to me that he has been very careful not to explicitly deny anything.

It's a complete rebuttal in the sense that it's an outright denial.

I didn't say it was a satisfactory rebuttal.

Just making the point that he has knocked this back to the county board and not exactly made it easy for them.

It's not an outright denial though? Although I'm sure it will follow.

He says allegations were made against him and dealt with by the relevant authorities. That could mean anything ffs.

If they were dealt with by the authorities and then he was awarded custody to the children you could probably read something into it. But either way it's a mess of a situation and mad the way people are so quick to make their minds up on something they have a read a post on facebook on.

On the other hand, there have been plenty of cases of beaten wives being intimidated by their abusers and ending up with serious mental health issues, including addiction, resulting in the husband being awarded custody by the authorities.

larryin89

I'm certainly not going to open up on here in a personal capacity but i will tell ya this unless you've been through it with a person you love I will confidently say you haven't even an idea of what domestic abuse involves  .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Armagh18

Quote from: larryin89 on May 11, 2023, 10:46:32 AM
I'm certainly not going to open up on here in a personal capacity but i will tell ya this unless you've been through it with a person you love I will confidently say you haven't even an idea of what domestic abuse involves  .
Exactly.

gallsman

smort

tonto1888

Nightmare scenario

He doesnt actually rebut it does he though?

oliverkelly

tbrick18

Fact is, no-one on this message board or in the media know what really happened or what didnt happen.
The woman has made allegations.
The man has said they were investigated and he got custody of the children

Both statements may be right, one or both might be lies or partial truths.

We cannot condemn either one of them on a message board. Derry County Board and the GAA are probably in the same position.
On the one hand, no-one in their right mind will support anyone guilty of domestic abuse.
On the other hand, no-one will want to take action against someone who has already been investigated for an allegation and there have been incidents before where people have been incorrectly accused. I'm not saying that's the case here, but we simply don't know.

We'd be much better moving on and allowing the personal family and seemingly legal issues to run their course. I feel this is the best course of action for Derry County Board too even though it will cause difficulties I'm sure.
If hard legal facts became known around him having carried out these acts, then absolutely it would be an easy call to get rid of him and I think everyone would support that. For now, it's not that clear cut imo.

Anything else is trial by social media, which is just plain wrong.

p3427977

Quote from: oliverkelly on May 11, 2023, 11:00:31 AM
The silence from Derry Gaa is embarrassing
Is it though? Only 24hrs have passed and it can take time consulting stakeholders, solicitors, Croke Park etc. As long as they do the right thing I think it's acceptable if they do it before Sunday.

ClubScene13

What a nightmare, this is the biggest game of 2023 so far and the narrative / coverage is about this clown. A total muppet innocent or not. I actually might have to cheer Armagh on extremely quietly and that is just a painful exercise.

clarshack

honestly don't know who to believe at this stage.

IronMike247

Still waiting to see where this "genuine" statement from Rory Gallagher has come from, where is it?