NFL Division Two 2022

Started by Blowitupref, January 15, 2022, 09:05:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: yellowcard on March 20, 2022, 04:42:54 PM
That's some tanking Galway gave Derry I wouldn't have seen that coming based on Derrys recent trajectory and the bad refereeing decision last week could come back to haunt them now as they could be stuck in division 2.
A proper ref would have sent 2/3 derry players off along with manager for the antics last week.

JoG2

That's some tanking Galway gave Derry I wouldn't have seen that coming based on Derrys recent trajectory and the bad refereeing decision last week could come back to haunt them now as they could be stuck in division 2.

We need another year in Div 2 tbh. Everyone I spoke today thinks the same. Improving so can't have too many complaints

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on March 20, 2022, 04:52:12 PM
A proper ref would have sent 2/3 derry players off along with manager for the antics last week.

Dry your eyes

seafoid

SThe option of stayiing in D2 may be out of Derry's hands.

Wildweasel74

Derry haven't the forwards, outside of 2, with hopeful more to come from the few younger ones in the nxt few years. What beat me the day was the poor kickouts and been caught in possession which lead to 3 of the goals. As for the ruckus, it was started over nothing between Kelly and Glass, and started out as time wasting then got more serious. Derry seemed to have a issue with the Ref more than the Galway players.

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: JoG2 on March 20, 2022, 04:52:58 PM

We need another year in Div 2 tbh. Everyone I spoke today thinks the same. Improving so can't have too many complaints

Dry your eyes
Northern teams cannot complain about sledging and other insults from teams down south when its a huge part of their game and team tactics

JoG2

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on March 20, 2022, 05:05:41 PM
Derry haven't the forwards, outside of 2, with hopeful more to come from the few younger ones in the nxt few years. What beat me the day was the poor kickouts and been caught in possession which lead to 3 of the goals. As for the ruckus, it was started over nothing between Kelly and Glass, and started out as time wasting then got more serious. Derry seemed to have a issue with the Ref more than the Galway players.

Outside of the foul on Brendan that wasn't given resulting in the first Galway goal, and maybe incorrectly blowing a couple of handpasses for both, he was fine imo. The game is incredibly cynical these days, if the ref was to blow, tick, card everytime, there'd be no football played. A real scurge

JoG2

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on March 20, 2022, 05:13:59 PM

Dry your eyes
Northern teams cannot complain about sledging and other insults from teams down south when its a huge part of their game and team tactics

Northern teams complain about what kind of of sledging? Any particular examples?

imtommygunn

That was hurling where you don't find the same kind of sledging that you do in football.

oliverkelly

Quote from: JoG2 on March 20, 2022, 05:16:57 PM

Dry your eyes

Northern teams complain about what kind of of sledging? Any particular examples?
Down and Antrim Hurlers have been crying about unproven remarks made against them lately labeling them brits

Blowitupref

Remaining games

Meath v Derry in Navan
Offaly v Cork in Tullamore
Roscommon v Galway in Hyde Park
Down v Clare in Newry
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Wildweasel74

Can't believe we won the toss and decided to play against a gale force breeze,

Champion The Wonder Horse

Congratulations to Galway on their promotion back to div 1 with a game to spare.

Cunny Funt

Will be harder for the Galway supporters to play the poor mouth now.  Quick return to Div 1 when in truth they should never have allowed themselves to get relegated last year. The win today reminded me of Galway 4-17 Donegal 0-14 in the All-Ireland Qualifiers a few years ago and Donegal was managed by Rory Gallagher then so he hasn't learnt much from that beating.

JoG2

Quote from: oliverkelly on March 20, 2022, 06:20:36 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on March 20, 2022, 05:16:57 PM

Dry your eyes

Down and Antrim Hurlers have been crying about unproven remarks made against them lately labeling them brits

Rossfan

A good win over the Biffs (and Maughtan), with only 14 men for 3 quarters of the game.
Started well and get a good lead early.
Tough luck on young Doyle on his debut, 2 harsh but technically correct yellows.
Mind you Ref couldn't find any card when McNamee jumped on Heneghan's back and flattened him.
Managed the game well but defensive frailties remain as a well beaten side had 24 scoring attempts....
As usual it seemed like a home game for Ros as not many Offaly folk about.
All down to next Sunday where a win guarantees promotion.
A loss or draw could suffice depending on Derry's result v Meath but better to make sure ourselves.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM