All Ireland Final Armagh v Galway 28 July 2024

Started by Dougal Maguire, July 14, 2024, 05:37:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armagh18

Quote from: tbrick18 on Today at 01:46:01 PMVery close game to call.
Perhaps Galway's recent experience and heartache of losing an AI final and playing in Div1 will stand to them.
Or perhaps Armagh will shake of the fear and just play to their strengths - fitness being the main one.
From a Galway pov, they won't want extra time as Armagh will have the legs.
Tactically Armagh can play the same way the did against Kerry, stifling the Galway attack.

Will be an interesting game, too close to call.

AI there for the taking for both sides.

Dublin and Kerry have definately slipped back too and hopefully the next few years will have less of a sense of inevitability about it. Makes for a much better championship if 5/6 teams have a real chance of winning.

Both teams be going in with total belief and it's a 50/50 game. Galway look every bit as fit as we do and have very good players to bring off the bench as well.

As for the championship- all 8 teams in division 1 have a realistic chance next year if they get a rub of the green and go on a run, Derry and Tyrone if they get themselves sorted definitely wouldn't fear anyone. Ulster will be competitive too with the likes of Down improving and I'm sure they'd love a cut at us in the first round next year to bring us back down to earth.   

Dire Ear

Captain Scarlet

I said on the other semi-final thread how I looked out at the middle in extra time and the size of Armagh was serious, and the lads can move. Kerry were stumped.

Galway actually have a gair few big lads who can run too, so it will be a great battle there.

Some of Armagh's scores were breathtaking, but they needed them. Will it happen the next day? Galway still have so much more to get from Comer and Walsh (if near fit), so I think they have more scope to improve.

Should be a cracker and great to see two sets of fans who actually embrace it all and relish it.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

J70

Quote from: Mario on July 14, 2024, 07:04:38 PM
Quote from: J70 on July 14, 2024, 06:16:58 PM
Quote from: borderfox on July 14, 2024, 06:06:59 PM
Quote from: Norm-Peterson on July 14, 2024, 06:02:25 PMA Donegal fan said on BBC that she would be supporting Galway. Well that is no surprise from them supporting a southern team. A good reminder why you shouldn't support an ROI county.

Wouldn't expect anything less. Jimmy isn't winning matches anymore this year.

Yeah, one Donegal supporter clearly represents the general views of all Donegal people.  ::)
Who do you think the majority of Donegal fans will support? Thomas niblock tweeted he was in a bar in Donegal for the Derry Mayo game and I was surprised to hear the majority of locals were supporting Mayo. I had similar experiences from Donegal fans when Derry played Galway 2022

Growing up, it would have always been the Ulster team. In recent years, I'd say it would depend on who they were playing. If it was a perceived underdog opponent, I'd say the opponent.

As for the Derry-Mayo game, I'd say any support for Mayo would have been purely out of fear of drawing Derry again. Mayo have ruthlessly lorded it over us this past decade or so and I can't see much ground for sympathy towards them. And I'm talking as someone with a complete Mayo background on my mother's side.

But maybe I'm out of touch. I'd personally still shout for most Ulster teams, except maybe Tyrone, but that is out of respect for them being among the elites in recent years.  :P

marty34

I think Blaine Hughes has been a great asset in goals for Armagh this year. Seems more secure and a good kick out.

Rafferty was decent but maybe worthwhile going to a proper keeper. 

What do Armagh fans think?

maddog

Think you are right in that its the more secure option. Lets hope it stays that way. Ethan was great to watch bombing forward but always the danger of being turned over. Hughes has been excellent.

Armagh18

Yeah Blaine for me by a mile. Ironically though I remember thinking against Galway the last day it was the sort of game we could have done with Rafferty to help break down that defence.

galwayman

This is such a tough game to call. It will be close.

toby47

There is going to be some squeeze for tickets!

Armagh18

Seen somewhere that only 13k tickets to each county? Surely not right is it?

maddog

Quote from: Armagh18 on Today at 04:37:56 PMSeen somewhere that only 13k tickets to each county? Surely not right is it?

Always starts like that then 2nd allocation usually on the Thursday

balladmaker

Quote from: maddog on Today at 04:41:43 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on Today at 04:37:56 PMSeen somewhere that only 13k tickets to each county? Surely not right is it?

Have had the season ticket for the last few years, and seriously pondered whether to get it again at the start of this year, as the benefits seemed to be getting less with having one.  Thankfully I did get it again, and at last get the serious benefit of an All Ireland Final ticket.  You have to have purchased tickets for at least 6 championship games before the final to be eligible.

AustinPowers

Quote from: balladmaker on Today at 05:12:05 PM

Have had the season ticket for the last few years, and seriously pondered whether to get it again at the start of this year, as the benefits seemed to be getting less with having one.  Thankfully I did get it again, and at last get the serious benefit of an All Ireland Final ticket.  You have to have purchased tickets for at least 6 championship games before the final to be eligible.

Worked out well  for you this time

If you couldn't  make  some games, could someone  else have used it for you?

balladmaker

Quote from: AustinPowers on Today at 05:40:51 PM

Worked out well  for you this time

If you couldn't  make  some games, could someone  else have used it for you?

Yes, you could probably send it to anyone for scanning at the entrance, there was no ID check associated with it.  The only game I couldn't attend was Q/Final due to being away with work, but made all the others, 7 games by my counting inc. semi-final.

JoG2

Jump through hoops and they'll be thousands there taking in their first and last game of the year