China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: naka on May 16, 2020, 10:32:10 PM
Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on May 16, 2020, 09:00:45 PM
Quote from: naka on May 16, 2020, 06:30:02 PM
https://www.spiked-online.com/2020/05/15/we-could-open-up-again-and-forget-the-whole-thing/
Interesting alternative view

That guys a fuckin' idiot. Ignore it.

All his bullshit and blathering stops when you look at a case mortality rate of >10% in Lombardy.

His shares are probably nosediving.
Chuckling his shares might be nose diving
My business is at car crash level with 56 employees
Ohh and I have a personal guarantee that might just wipe my house out too
We really fked up the economy
The gmfall out night actually be worse

I'm not in a great place either... facing a bit of a nightmare come the close of this year if this keeps going. It'd need a miracle for me not to be financially fucked 'cos of all this.

But while its grim, and hard to see it sometimes, at the end of the day, it is just money. Houses, savings and careers can be rebuilt. Lost lives cannot.

Hence why I was really pissed at them not taking the problem serious in February - and obviously not understanding the scale of the problem. If they done it right then you might be approaching an Australia/NZ position - where the internal economy could be up and running, but international visitors are strictly quarantined.
i usse an speelchekor

quit yo jibbajabba

Good luck to you GaaGaa and Naka its tough times from so many angles

Smurfy123

Whilst we don't agree on most things Radio I genuinely wish you very well and hope things work out for you.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: Smurfy123 on May 15, 2020, 01:00:25 PM
Maroon the official ONS twitter page this morning. Deaths dropped below 5 year average. Go check it out if you don't believe me

Had a good luck twice and can't see that stat.

imtommygunn

Me too and looked through their stats. The average was down up to week 12 before the corona virus surge but weekly death totals have been thousands above average since then up to may 1st. (For wales and England) . That's the last data they have. Ni only looks to have to end of March and haven't looked at Scotland.

Rossfan

Smurf is right while everyone else is wrong.
He's getting his facts straight from Karen.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

trailer

Quote from: Rossfan on May 17, 2020, 01:19:58 PM

I don't understand this. It's a discussion board. What would you suggest he do? Agree with everyone? If you don't like or even understand the concept then you can leave.

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on May 16, 2020, 12:27:19 AM
Sorry cant copy and paste from this sh1t phone but karol sikora 13h ago posted deaths per day had actually fell below the 5yr average and posted link to the research hope we are talking about same thing if not apologies

Not sayin i agree with all Smurfy is saying lads but search yer man Sikoras posts on twitter from Friday i think it was at this stage..

armaghniac

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on May 17, 2020, 01:48:12 PM
https://twitter.com/ProfKarolSikora/status/1261226417938993152

is this any help?

This is a very limited statement. It states that deaths per day are a certain level before all the delayed reports come in. It does not state that deaths in the month of April are lower.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Ed Ricketts

Quote from: trailer on May 17, 2020, 01:31:27 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on May 17, 2020, 01:19:58 PM

I don't understand this. It's a discussion board. What would you suggest he do? Agree with everyone? If you don't like or even understand the concept then you can leave.

Discussion involves at least a minimal attempt to entertain and dissect the merits of all arguments put forward. There is little evidence of that from Smurfy and a few like minded types on this thread over the last few months.

Instead, their approach seems to have been to avoid any genuine deliberation on ideas or information, in favour of a scattergun volley of misunderstood and misrepresented stats and titbits gleaned from a multitude of less than reliable sources.

It's all in very bad faith, and very like the climate change or anti-vaxxer 'debate'. Ignore discussion of core issues, because the evidence is overwhelmingly against them in this area, and instead throw out tangential trivia until you hit on something that can not be immediately explained. The failure to immediately explain away this usually inconsequential detail is then used as justification to rubbish the entire body of understanding of an issue, and a weird sort of victory is claimed.

The recent mentions of COVID-19 case incidence in Georgia, or of cancer death rates are both prime examples. Misunderstood, misrepresented, and tangential (or just completely irrelevant) to what was being discussed.
Doc would listen to any kind of nonsense and change it for you to a kind of wisdom.

Smurfy123

Ed we were talking about lifting lockdown when someone said about if we lift it we will most certainly get a second wave. I used Georgia as an example that it has not happened. They lifted lockdown over 3 weeks ago and the media were all over it but things a slowly went down instead of going up which many predicted. I was stating a fact ok. Unlike you and some others that seem to think you know it all. I have an opinion on things and just because it's not the opinion like yours you don't like it
Grow up Ed will you
Grow up

J70

Quote from: Smurfy123 on May 17, 2020, 03:14:17 PM
Ed we were talking about lifting lockdown when someone said about if we lift it we will most certainly get a second wave. I used Georgia as an example that it has not happened. They lifted lockdown over 3 weeks ago and the media were all over it but things a slowly went down instead of going up which many predicted. I was stating a fact ok. Unlike you and some others that seem to think you know it all. I have an opinion on things and just because it's not the opinion like yours you don't like it
Grow up Ed will you
Grow up

It's simply too early to say Georgia got away with it or that the easing of restrictions will not have an effect.

Hopefully it won't, both for their sake and the implications for the rest of us.

Smurfy123

Yes maybe to early but I was only stating that numbers had gone down when many anticipated them to sky rocket

imtommygunn

Quote from: Smurfy123 on May 17, 2020, 03:14:17 PM
Grow up Ed will you
Grow up

That's the second person you have told to grow up. I would suggest it's you, who keeps bringing misunderstood or misinterpreted things to a debate and then getting called out on it ,is the one who would need to grow up most.