Kerry V Tyrone Fodder AISF 23rd August 2015

Started by never kickt a ball, August 02, 2015, 04:58:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

INDIANA

Quote from: Redhand Santa on August 22, 2015, 05:48:23 PM
I've no doubt we're in with a great chance tomorrow.  I think 4 to 1 is a huge price. We're an extremely fit team with a good mixture of youth and experience and a lot of players that can play football. People keep talking of Kerry's bench but at the end of the day there'll only be 15 on the pitch at any one time.

I suspect Kerry will try to do something similar to what they did versus Donegal last year.  It's not the way they've played all year and we will come at them with more pace.  Our biggest problem will be keeping donaghys influence limited.

Hopefully after the disgraceful media agenda in recent weeks we get a fair crack tomorrow, and if we do could well end up more than a match for Kerry.

Pray for the rain. It's your only chance.

Keep playing East 17 Tunes all the way up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bus1Imtinis

I hope you win sincerely. Makes Dublin/Mayo'd job a lot easier

Thy Kingdom Come

Best of luck to the Kingdom! This will finally put an end to Mickey Hartes reign as Tyrone Manager.  Despite all their talk, Tyrone were beaten by Kerry as the team of the Decade for the 00s. Kerry won 4 AIs in that period. In fact Tyrone were not even the team of that decade in Ulster with Armagh winning 6 and Tyrone winning 4! I suppose it is Kerrys duty to rid football of this scourge and return to real football.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: INDIANA on August 22, 2015, 08:19:01 PM
I've no doubt we're in with a great chance tomorrow.  I think 4 to 1 is a huge price. We're an extremely fit team with a good mixture of youth and experience and a lot of players that can play football. People keep talking of Kerry's bench but at the end of the day there'll only be 15 on the pitch at any one time.

I suspect Kerry will try to do something similar to what they did versus Donegal last year.  It's not the way they've played all year and we will come at them with more pace.  Our biggest problem will be keeping donaghys influence limited.

Hopefully after the disgraceful media agenda in recent weeks we get a fair crack tomorrow, and if we do could well end up more than a match for Kerry.

Contrary to that, the rain helps Kerry.

Tyrone are the optimum summer football team, the three times we have met Kerry at Croke Park under Mickey Harte have been lovely dry days. Tyrone have the smaller, pacier footballers, Kerry have the bigger, more physical players and rain benefits those types of players.

I'm hoping it's dry. I'm also hoping Deegan is strong in this game and stamps out the tactical fouling, the foul count in the league game was 32-14 to Kerry in the league meeting this year. O'Brien and Walsh are foul machines in the middle are of the field and will try to stop us from breaking from defence quickly, I hope Deegan does not allow them to escape with the persistent and systematic fouling they will employ.

omaghjoe

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on August 22, 2015, 08:48:36 PM

Tyrone are the optimum summer football team, the three times we have met Kerry at Croke Park under Mickey Harte have been lovely dry days. Tyrone have the smaller, pacier footballers, Kerry have the bigger, more physical players and rain benefits those types of players.

I'm hoping it's dry. I'm also hoping Deegan is strong in this game and stamps out the tactical fouling, the foul count in the league game was 32-14 to Kerry in the league meeting this year. O'Brien and Walsh are foul machines in the middle are of the field and will try to stop us from breaking from defence quickly, I hope Deegan does not allow them to escape with the persistent and systematic fouling they will employ.

I think Indie's logic is something like this.... SON was the difference between us back in the day....then without him in 08 we meet Dublin in the rain....and hammered them out the gate, therefore the difference without SON was the rain..... therefore Tyrone can play very well in the rain.

Would that be right Indie?

Only problem is that it ignores Kerry's Munster final replay win in the rain after getting out of jail in the dry, and looked pretty impressive in doing so. So based on your previous conclusions, which I assume were in a dry scenario where Kerry are gonna hammer us, if it rains they should hammer us even more...

In other words we're fucked :'( :'( :'(

But wait...... I forgot that dry field scenario was based on the fact that we get 70% of our scores from frees...except we dont ;D, so does that still hold? Or do you still sticking with that anyway despite it being inaccurate?

Or do we actually have a chance after all?   ??? ???

red hander

Quote from: Thy Kingdom Come on August 22, 2015, 08:19:44 PM
Best of luck to the Kingdom! This will finally put an end to Mickey Hartes reign as Tyrone Manager.  Despite all their talk, Tyrone were beaten by Kerry as the team of the Decade for the 00s. Kerry won 4 AIs in that period. In fact Tyrone were not even the team of that decade in Ulster with Armagh winning 6 and Tyrone winning 4! I suppose it is Kerrys duty to rid football of this scourge and return to real football.

Aye, you just keep on telling yourself that 100 times a day for the rest of your life and maybe you'll actually believe it. As Tomas O Se said himself... "When it really counted, we couldn't handle Tyrone."

Fuzzman

I have mainly stayed away from the shite talk on here since the Monaghan game.
It's interesting to just experience the build up to a big game in the real world and not in the warped negative anti Tyrone world from a LOT of users on here for a change.

To see all the flags back out in force up home and hearing people getting excited about being back in Croker in mid August really makes me appreciate what the GAA means to us all.
The excitement, nervousness, passion and banter brings it all back.
It's nice to just focus on the positivity again and listen to that good interview with the Off The Ball team and Gormley, McGuigan and Davey Harte.

Pity its gonna be a wet day tomorrow in Croker but we've had a few good wet days before in Croker.

Fuzzman

Some memories

lenny

Quote from: red hander on August 22, 2015, 09:31:35 PM
Quote from: Thy Kingdom Come on August 22, 2015, 08:19:44 PM

Aye, you just keep on telling yourself that 100 times a day for the rest of your life and maybe you'll actually believe it. As Tomas O Se said himself... "When it really counted, we couldn't handle Tyrone."

Kerry to win 0.19 to 0.13.

INDIANA

Quote from: omaghjoe on August 22, 2015, 09:13:23 PM

I think Indie's logic is something like this.... SON was the difference between us back in the day....then without him in 08 we meet Dublin in the rain....and hammered them out the gate, therefore the difference without SON was the rain..... therefore Tyrone can play very well in the rain.

Only problem is that it ignores Kerry's Munster final replay win in the rain after getting out of jail in the dry, and looked pretty impressive in doing so. So based on your previous conclusions, which I assume were in a dry scenario where Kerry are gonna hammer us, if it rains they should hammer us even more...

But wait...... I forgot that dry field scenario was based on the fact that we get 70% of our scores from frees...except we dont ;D, so does that still hold? Or do you still sticking with that anyway despite it being inaccurate?

In 2003-2008 you had a team good enough to be that arrogant.

This ain't it.

crossfire

Good luck to Derry minors and Tyrone tomorrow. you can both do it.

BennyHarp

Quote from: INDIANA on August 22, 2015, 10:13:52 PM

This ain't it.

Good point Indiana, we'll take that on board. Cheers.
That was never a square ball!!

omaghjoe

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 22, 2015, 10:48:49 PM

This ain't it.

Arrogant?
;D ;D

I didnt realise takin the hand outta someone who makes up stuff to back up his opinions would Constitute arrogance.... I apologise Indie

And Just to clarify in 03-08 where we good in the dry or wet? and with or without SON?

INDIANA

Quote from: omaghjoe on August 22, 2015, 11:12:00 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on August 22, 2015, 10:48:49 PM

This ain't it.

Arrogant?
;D ;D

I didnt realise takin the hand outta someone who makes up stuff to back up his opinions would Constitute arrogance.... I apologise Indie

And Just to clarify in 03-08 where we good in the dry or wet? and with or without SON?

The trick is to win first then gloat . Not before my friend

under the bar

Tyrone humiliated the Kerry on their last 3 meetings in Croker.   Have Kerry finally found the balls to break the hoodoo of their Croker masters???

Whishtup

Quote from: comethekingdom on August 22, 2015, 07:48:33 PM
Good luck to the Kingdom tomorrow. There's a lot of uncertantity about the result of this game will have. I also think it will be hard to call. Bleh bleh ble ble yerraa, bleh, bleh, bleh, yerraBleh bleh ble ble yerraa, bleh, bleh, bleh, yerra Bleh bleh ble ble yerraa, bleh, bleh, bleh, yerra Bleh bleh ble ble yerraa, bleh, bleh, bleh, yerra bleh.
Hopefully Ble bleh bleh, yerra bleh?
Anyway - safe travelling to all supporters from both counties. May the best team win !!! :-)

fixed.