DODGY DIESEL

Started by Gaffer, December 08, 2010, 04:58:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaffer

Got the motor filled up with diesel the other day. Since then its been spluttering . Cant drive it anymore. Mechanic blames the fuel and says it ll need to be drained out. I rang the station to see if they have had any other complaints about their diesel recently. " Oh No, there's nowt wrong with our diesel" was the reply.

What if it turns out to be dodgy diesel? Have I any comeback on this? Anyone any experience of this?
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

omagh_gael

My woman had the exact same problem with her 206. Her dad kept blaming me for putting petrol in instead of diesel. After changing fuel filter and checking the fuel lines it turned out to be frayed wires in the fuel sensor. Threw it into mechanic which cost £75 as it had to go on computer to check where fault was coming from, the sensor then changed and on the computer again to turn off engine management light.

Wasn't too bad considering we thought the car was fcuked.

Puckoon

Why were you putting petrol in instead of diesel?

muppet

Quote from: omagh_gael on December 08, 2010, 05:11:01 PM
My woman had the exact same problem with her 206. Her dad kept blaming me for putting petrol in instead of diesel. After changing fuel filter and checking the fuel lines it turned out to be frayed wires in the fuel sensor. Threw it into mechanic which cost £75 as it had to go on computer to check where fault was coming from, the sensor then changed and on the computer again to turn off engine management light.

Wasn't too bad considering we thought the car was fcuked.

He has his eye on you. Watch yer back.
MWWSI 2017

screenexile

Have heard reports about peoples engines going having used a certain 'reputable' diesel company in the Cookstown area. They get a lot of business as they are the cheapest. My engine went the same way and I thought it was a fault with the car but as I work in Insurance I have come across at least 3 cases where this has happened. I do not use that company anymore but use Tesco who are generally 1p a litre more expensive.

STREET FIGHTER

Quote from: screenexile on December 08, 2010, 05:14:18 PM
Have heard reports about peoples engines going having used a certain 'reputable' diesel company in the Cookstown area. They get a lot of business as they are the cheapest. My engine went the same way and I thought it was a fault with the car but as I work in Insurance I have come across at least 3 cases where this has happened. I do not use that company anymore but use Tesco who are generally 1p a litre more expensive.

Go ahead and tell us who it is??

OverTheBlackSpot

Tony Baloney

The husband of a woman in work had his Focus fucked up due to dodgy diesel. Injectors and possibly pump were shot - think it was about £1500 to fix it. The fact that they are from Cookstown is merely coincidental to screenexile's story!

OverTheBlackSpot

Stick to the red, its the only genuine stuff out there !

omagh_gael

Quote from: Puckoon on December 08, 2010, 05:11:50 PM
Why were you putting petrol in instead of diesel?

Nope I'm innocent of that charge but he had me seriouly doubting myself!

I better be on my guard muppet he had her turned too, boy I was pleased when we found out it was the sensor :)

comethekingdom

Quote from: OverTheBlackSpot on December 08, 2010, 06:09:52 PM
It's the cnuts burning red/green that are making the white dearer for everyone else!! >:( >:(

illdecide

Quote from: comethekingdom on December 12, 2010, 04:15:52 PM
It's the cnuts burning red/green that are making the white dearer for everyone else!! >:( >:(

No it's not. blame it on the Arabs and the British Government
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

EC Unique

Quote from: comethekingdom on December 12, 2010, 04:15:52 PM

How do you work that out. Do you think if people stopped using coloured diesel the governments would lower tax on clear? Some chance!

Gaffer

Quote from: Gaffer on December 08, 2010, 04:58:41 PM
Got the motor filled up with diesel the other day. Since then its been spluttering . Cant drive it anymore. Mechanic blames the fuel and says it ll need to be drained out. I rang the station to see if they have had any other complaints about their diesel recently. " Oh No, there's nowt wrong with our diesel" was the reply.

What if it turns out to be dodgy diesel? Have I any comeback on this? Anyone any experience of this?

They were right !!! :D :D :D
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

omagh_gael

Quote from: Gaffer on December 13, 2010, 11:27:58 AM
Quote from: Gaffer on December 08, 2010, 04:58:41 PM

They were right !!! :D :D :D

What was the problem in the end?