The official Everton FC Supporters thread

Started by boojangles, January 06, 2009, 02:10:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Wouldnt call myself an Everton fan but they are the English team whose results I follow due to a good friend being a supporter. Was down at Goodison for a game a couple of seasons back where they beat Arsenal 1-0, excellent atmosphere. Mon the Blues ;)

stephenite

Was always an Everton fan as a kid on account of Kevin Sheedy, Graeme Sharpe, Adrian Heath and Big John Bailey. Went to Goodison as a 12 year old to watch them get beaten by Arsenal. Always remember them beating Rapid Vienna in the 1985 Cup winners Cup final. 3-1 if memory serves me correctly. Neville Southall was the best keeper in the world back in those days

Don't particularly follow soccer anymore but always keep an eye out for their results and am a fan of David Moyes.

boojangles

Quote from: Stalin on January 06, 2009, 06:44:48 PM
        1   1      Liverpool   20   13   6   1   35   13   22   45
   2   2      Chelsea   20   12   6   2   40   9   31   42
   3   3      Man utd   18   11   5   2   29   10   19   38
   4   4      Aston Villa   20   11   5   4   33   22   11   38
   5   5      Arsenal   20   10   5   5   33   23   10   35
   6   6      Everton   20   9   5   6   27   25   2   32

everton are in the 'big 5'  ::)

:D
Last season Everton finished Fifth.Arsenal are still in the Big 4 yet lie in fifth.You will find it is judged on where a team finished the previous season.Hence Everton are in the BIG 5.Thank you.

boojangles

Quote from: stephenite on January 06, 2009, 11:01:34 PM
Was always an Everton fan as a kid on account of Kevin Sheedy, Graeme Sharpe, Adrian Heath and Big John Bailey. Went to Goodison as a 12 year old to watch them get beaten by Arsenal. Always remember them beating Rapid Vienna in the 1985 Cup winners Cup final. 3-1 if memory serves me correctly. Neville Southall was the best keeper in the world back in those days

Don't particularly follow soccer anymore but always keep an eye out for their results and am a fan of David Moyes.
Thats the main reason why I started supporting Everton,as Kevin Sheedy played with Ireland at the time.I got to visit Goodison for the 1st time last season,I didnt get to see a game there yet but was in Anfield the next day to see Liverpool beat us 1-0.Super experience without the result.Both clubs have a great tradition and relationship in the city and the Irish are very well respected by anybody I spoke to over there.Sure half of them are Irish in some way. David Moyes is a superb manager and will go on to bigger things, of that there is no doubt.I just wish the club could give him the funds to do it with Everton.

boojangles

Getting a bit sad now but Im gonna try keep it on Page 1 for a few days.There has to be one out there.

magpie seanie

That made Norman Whiteside's curler in extra time for the 10 men in the FA Cup final that year that bit more special.

unforgiven

also a fan boojangles.  i hope this makes you happier.

boojangles

Quote from: unforgiven on January 07, 2009, 05:16:45 PM
also a fan boojangles.  i hope this makes you happier.
Theres hope after all.

stephenite

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 07, 2009, 01:06:10 PM

That made Norman Whiteside's curler in extra time for the 10 men in the FA Cup final that year that bit more special.

What a goal

Carmen Stateside

Quote from: stephenite on January 07, 2009, 10:04:17 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on January 07, 2009, 01:06:10 PM

What a goal

Mind it well!
t'was the day of my first communion, watched it in the 4 Seasons in Monaghan. Didnt help the dinner go down!
Great Goal!

johnneycool

Would have a passing interest in Everton as most of my mates growing up were the normal Man U/ Liverpool/Arsenal fans and with me being a bit odd supported Everton, still wouldn't say 'we' when talking about them though.

loved Andy Gray, he'd of kicked his granny to score and Joe pieman Parkinson (career cruelly cut short due to injury), an integral member of the dogs of war midfield with Barry Horne.
Big Dunc scared the bejaysus out of Rio Ferdinand and the odd house breaker.

One of the best moments was Amocachie's late arrival in 95 semi final drubbing of spurs then Paul Rideouts goal in the final, was sitting with mates wearing their Manure livery, just smiled at the final whistle that day.

Billys Boots

My two brothers are Toffeemen and reasonably regular visitors to Goodison, if that helps any Boojangles!  ;)
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Drumanee 1

Quote from: boojangles on January 06, 2009, 11:28:21 PM

Thats the main reason why I started supporting Everton,as Kevin Sheedy played with Ireland at the time.I got to visit Goodison for the 1st time last season,I didnt get to see a game there yet but was in Anfield the next day to see Liverpool beat us 1-0.Super experience without the result.Both clubs have a great tradition and relationship in the city and the Irish are very well respected by anybody I spoke to over there.Sure half of them are Irish in some way. David Moyes is a superb manager and will go on to bigger things, of that there is no doubt.I just wish the club could give him the funds to do it with Everton.

you see this really winds me up,nothing personel bo,but as you say you havent even been to see them play at goodison and you then go on and refer to them as "us",this has always been a pet hate of mine.

longrunsthefox

Yo! Mister Bo Jangles... I is here. I heard your call and fell your pain. Remember 1984... Everton 2-0 Watford FA CCup final and Elton John was their chairman and Everton banner  "Well Elton I guess that's why they call us the Blues." I shed a tear that day, with the first trophy since 1970. My favourite player since I started as a blue man over 30 years was Duncan McKensie.... magic. He was something else about 1977.
Mr Bo Jangles this is a very moving moment. I thought I was alone but as Rab C Nesbitt once said, "There is nothing quite like that feeling of meeting some poor b***** as mad as yourself."       

longrunsthefox

You must be  a Man U and Celtic fan Hardstation...very original