Laois Senior Football Championship 2022

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, February 25, 2022, 03:50:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

town1980

Joes should go all the way Jesus they were unreal tonight made a bad ballylinan team look shite  no commitment lads gone on hols deserved what they got joes pissin home  through To the  next round ballyroann handy

Silkyskillssunshinee

Joseph's won't be getting anything handy off Ballyroan. They do have a stronger panel though this year than in previous years, which might help them get over the line this time. Bringing off the bench the likes of Lacey, Brophy, O'Brien is a good sign.

Tintin84

Joe's will beat Ballyroan by 6+ points
Graiguecullen beat Stradbally by 4+ points
Portlaoise beat Courtwood by 3+ points
Portarlington beat O'Dempseys 6+ points

Ballylinan beat Clonaslee by 2+ points
Emo beat Ballyfin by 3+ points
Killeshin beat Ratheniska by 4+ points
Rosenallis beat Killeen by 5+ points

SCFC

Ballyroan Abbey
Graiguecullen
Portlaoise
Portarlington
Clonaslee
Emo
Killeshin
Rosenallis

Helix.

Ballyroan Abbey
Stradbally
Portlaoise
O'Dempseys Portarlington draw
Clonaslee
Emo
Park Ratheniska
Arles Kileen

Spiritof86

Joes by 8
Stradbally by 2
Courtwood by 2
Port by 6
Clonaslee by 5
Emo by 4
Park by 6
Killeen by 1

I hear Port have a few players back on board .

Robbo

Courtwood by 2.
Port by 9
Graigue after a replay
Joes by 5

Clonaslee by 5
Killeshin by 4
Ballyfin by 1
Rosenallis by 2

vetoldthe

Great credit to both teams for a super
game of football this evening in o.m.p

Downtheroad

Quote from: vetoldthe on August 05, 2022, 10:04:27 PM
Great credit to both teams for a super
game of football this evening in o.m.p
Have to agree.Very enjoyable. O'Ds missed a few goal chances and could have had a free at the end to equalise.

Laoiseabu

I've been at all the senior football championship games over the past couple of weeks . I think we are in for a different kind of championship this year in the sense that it will be more open than in previous years . Portlaoise dominated for years but they are now pack with the pack . Portarlington were virtually unplayable the past two seasons but I've seen them in the league a few times this year and i seen them against Killeen and ODempseys recently. They are not at the level they were at the past two years . Port are still going to take beating but they are not altogether as strong . They are giving away easy scores and goal chances that they wouldn't of done last year or the year before . I know they are missing a few players but they don't look as strong or as fine tuned
I think we have 6 teams who can win the championship this year . Portarlington, Graiguecullen, St Joseph's, Portlaoise, ODempseys and Ballyroan Abbey. Not much between any of them at the moment .

Tintin84

There's only 4 teams that'll be there challenging for the championship
1.Port
2.St.Josephs
3.Portlaoise
4.Graigue

and after that the rest are miles behind Ballyroan are after been so successful underage but can't produce it and will never beat any of the top 4 teams. O'Dempseys had the chance but couldn't put Port away. Without doubt there the next two teams after the top 4 with possibly Emo at a push next but after that any of the other teams could beat eachother on different days.

Laoiseabu

Quote from: Tintin84 on August 07, 2022, 12:34:09 AM
1.Port
2.St.Josephs
3.Portlaoise
4.Graigue

and after that the rest are miles behind Ballyroan are after been so successful underage but can't produce it and will never beat any of the top 4 teams. O'Dempseys had the chance but couldn't put Port away. Without doubt there the next two teams after the top 4 with possibly Emo at a push next but after that any of the other teams could beat eachother on different days.

I think you are being a little bit harsh on Ballyroan and ODempseys 😂😂 Ballyroan could of easily beaten Joseph's today and ODempseys could of easily beaten Port last night albeit Port are not as good as previous years at the moment

town1980

There is a top 6 with portarlington being the top one but this years championship is as open as ever interesting draws ahead it o Dempsey's and ballyabbey get through your gona see a few nice quarter finals but ide expect fontina top 4 to compete in the final im not convinced on portlaoise time will tell

Tintin84

Quote from: Laoiseabu on August 07, 2022, 12:52:08 AM
1.Port
2.St.Josephs
3.Portlaoise
4.Graigue

I think you are being a little bit harsh on Ballyroan and ODempseys 😂😂 Ballyroan could of easily beaten Joseph's today and ODempseys could of easily beaten Port last night albeit Port are not as good as previous years at the moment

Could of easily won but did they no? Dempseys could of won last year against portlaois but didn't, Ballyroan thought they were going to turn over portlaois last year in the semi and got beat out of O'Moore park because teams like port and Josephs Portlaois know how to grind out a victory in added time or extra time. Them 4 teams will be contesting the semi finals there miles ahead of the rest of the pack.

Spiritof86

1.Port
2.St.Josephs
3.Portlaoise
4.Graigue

Emo at a push ? Not after today's performance. Seemed like they didn't trust there forwards . Sean Moore immense .
Park deserving winners . Could have had 4 goals , opened up Killeshin very easy . There keepers distribution is questionable though. This draw will be interesting.