Spotify.com

Started by 5 Sams, March 16, 2009, 08:47:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thebigfella

Quote from: Bensars on August 28, 2009, 11:14:51 AM
Apple approves Spotify app for iPhone - goodnight iTunes?
By Paul Smith
As surprises go, it's right up there with the John Thomas scene in The Crying Game. Apple have approved the Spotify iPhone app, even though it threatens to blow iTunes out the water. The app will allow users to sync their iPhone with their Spotify desktop app, allowing them to listen to their own playlists chosen from millions of titles available through Spotify.

The most controversial function of the app is that it allows users to cache full playlists offline, so that several thousand songs can be stored on the iPhone and listened to at any time. Who needs iTunes anymore?

Regardless, tonight PaidContent:UK reports that an Apple spokesperson has said:

"The current status as of right now is it's been approved and we hope to add the app to the more than 65,000 apps on the app store very soon. We've been in constant communication working with the developer and have already notified Spotify that the app will be in the app store very soon."

While this rather exciting news for music fans (which is free to premium Spotify users who pay £10 a month subscription) we'll reserve judgement until we see the app. It's taken a month for Apple to make their minds up about the app, which isn't the norm since most apps are cleared within a fortnight of submission. And for Apple to be in "constant communication" with Spotify during the approval process is very unusual - Apple rarely, if ever contact developers until they approve or reject the app.

It's not f**king free then  ::)

bcarrier

Quote from: thebigfella on September 25, 2009, 02:09:11 PM
Quote from: bcarrier on September 25, 2009, 12:34:13 PM
IMO the Spotify iphone app is  considerably more user friendly than an itunes sync.

No tagging problems either. Garth Brooks fans might have issues with it though.

You plug the phone into the USB port of your PC, it updates. You can't get any more user friendly than that.

eh you can ...the spotify iphone app syncs with your spotify PC playlist over wifi so you dont even have to plug it in to USB port ( or find the usb lead ). Suits me better anyway.

The Real Laoislad

This Spotify is not available in my country that site keeps telling me,how are all the rest of ye using it so?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

hairyhog

Spotify is some job, has anyone here registered on the list to get an invite?
i was on it for a month and no word back but found out that if you use the link............

www.spotify.com/en/get-started/

........this bypasses the invite system and you can get up and running straight away.
If you are already on the list use a different email address on the registration page though as it will recognize the first email address you submitted.