Dublin v Kerry All Ireland Final 2019

Started by Hereiam, August 12, 2019, 01:27:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dire Ear

From the Bunker

omaghjoe

tyroneman

As the old saying goes...only thing worse than being talked about.......

TheGreatest

What a great final, the quality of football not overally good but the game had everything, loads of talking points, fair play to Kerry to putting it up to the Dubs. The last 10 minutes was so intense, i was shaking, similair to the Mayo finals.

I know the incidents will be analysed to death but personally i have no complaints, Gough was good for the majority of the game, some calls go you way some days, some dont, just get on with it.

Dublin missed the chances to win it, 6 wides in the last 10 minutes, made some good turnovers too, too many big players didnt show up for Dublin, i cant see that happening again.

Hopeing for another great match between the Aristocrats of game.

Maroon Manc

An enthralling game and that was only because of the sending off, if it hadn't happened Dublin would have cruised home like last year; Even with the sending off dublin controlled the rest of the game apart from a crazy ten mins where Kerry hit 1-4 whilst the Dubs hit a point. Before that they were in total control and during the last 10 minutes afterwards Kerry didn't even have an attempt at the posts whilst Dublin had around 7 despite been a man down. I was very disappointed with Geaney, wouldn't be the first time he's gone missing against the Dubs. kerry will relying on the Dubs going a man down again the next day to give them a chance.

It was high in drama and tension but miles off the quality of the 2017 final.

Armagh18

Quote from: Maroon Manc on September 03, 2019, 12:56:39 PM
An enthralling game and that was only because of the sending off, if it hadn't happened Dublin would have cruised home like last year; Even with the sending off dublin controlled the rest of the game apart from a crazy ten mins where Kerry hit 1-4 whilst the Dubs hit a point. Before that they were in total control and during the last 10 minutes afterwards Kerry didn't even have an attempt at the posts whilst Dublin had around 7 despite been a man down. I was very disappointed with Geaney, wouldn't be the first time he's gone missing against the Dubs. kerry will relying on the Dubs going a man down again the next day to give them a chance.

Kerry better team for large parts of first half before sending off, should have had two goals and Clifford had some poor wides also.

seafoid

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

red hander

Anybody know any bars in Side in Turkey likely to be showing the replay?

Blowitupref

Quote from: Armagh18 on September 03, 2019, 01:36:02 PM

Kerry better team for large parts of first half before sending off, should have had two goals and Clifford had some poor wides also.
If Kerry had led at half time instead of 4 points behind?

As Kevin McStay said in his piece on the Irish times. Kerry only scored 8 times from 18 chances first half and that is not good. On another day could easily have scored 2-10 in the 1st half when the game was 15 v 15.  Dublin in the 1st half scored 10 times from 14 shots. They only became wasteful in the final ten minutes with just 1 score from 6 attempts at goal.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

balladmaker

I counted 7 steps by Spillane from bounce to scoring the goal ... just saying.

Taylor

Quote from: balladmaker on September 04, 2019, 08:20:27 AM

Only 7?
Check out the steps by Murphy before his shot that Cluxton tipped onto the crossbar  :o

t_mac

Quote from: balladmaker on September 04, 2019, 08:20:27 AM

FFS the step rule went out years ago, they should change it to 8.

Solo_run

Quote from: Armagh18 on September 03, 2019, 01:36:02 PM

Mayo had the better of Dublin in the first half of the semi final. They won't get the better of Dublin next time.

Zulu

Why?

Most people here were saying Kerry would be well beaten. Loads of 'experts' said Mayo lost their chance against Dublin in drawn All Irelands yet every time Mayo played this Dublin team in an All Ireland they went toe to toe and competed all the way. No reason Kerry can't go again.

Dublin are a great team and they've the ability to put any team to the sword. At times in the drawn game they looked set to pull away from Kerry but Kerry left a lot of scores behind them too and had they taken those it would have been a big mountain for Dublin to climb when they did get on top.

I think people are reading too much into Dublin's performance with 14. That's not evidence that they would have beaten Kerry with 15 rather it's evidence of the character, bravery, organisation and tactical nous of this Dublin team that they could still play as if they had 15 when a man short. I don't think any other team would have survived against Kerry with 14 players but I don't think Dublin would have been significantly better with 15, Cluxton just wouldn't have been marking Tommy Walsh!

As with the first day, Dublin are rightly favourites and if there's to be an easy winner it will be them but Jack Barry will cause Fenton the same problems his caused every time they've matched up, Moran is still Fenton's only real contender for best midfielder in Ireland and Geaney, Clifford, O'Se and O'Brien are still capable to tearing Dublin's defence to shreds.

The replay should be another great game and I'll be looking forward to it once again.